General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 6)

Exchanging byte sizes

Hey I have an advanced data namespace in which I hope to be able to read a data variable of any type and transfer it's bytes into another type of a multiple siz...
[2 replies] Last: Oh right, I didn't know that bitwise operators couldn't be used with f... (by TheBeardedQuack)
visual studio redist help

Hey guys I have tried installing visual studio 2010 redistributable package a lot of times, because when i debug it says it cannot find vcomp100.dll. i kn...
[no replies]
Collision Detection (1,2)

I remember some time ago, when I was wondering about collision detection, chrisname told me to put the player at the tile poistion - the player's position. I...
[29 replies] Last: What do you mean by this? AC = A-C; Just what it says? You subtrac... (by Disch)
VGA 4-color mode?

I'm trying to get the VGA's Shift Register Interleave mode down, which is used in 4-color modes. Anyone knows what might be wrong? uint_32 scanlineoffset =...
[no replies]
Insert into a certain position in a double linked list!

Hey I'm having trouble inserting a node in a nth position into a double linked list. My for loop is giving me an exception handler error and I can't link the n...
[4 replies] Last: First of all, post corrected code (with pos used where it's required) ... (by andywestken)
by Jijo
dynamic allocation for string array

I coded a program that takes some strings and lexicographically orders the strings and its substrings. I have used dynamic memory allocation technique and its w...
[4 replies] Last: Hi jijo! 1. I think @kwb's reply was quite useful, and about the " *(s... (by Yueeng)
by qriz75
Structures, loops and how not to repeat typing the same code

First of all thanks for taking the time and trying to help. I have a structure for 4 divisions, and can't figure out how to loop through it. So I ended up ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks cire, that reduces the amount of code even more. We're down to... (by qriz75)
by l0311
simple 3x3 guessing game

hi, i'm trying to make a guessing game that is on a 3x3 grid. the grid has numbers 1-9 placed randomly on it, but the user can't see this as they are covere...
[1 reply] : It is the compiler that reports why it can not compile your code. We a... (by vlad from moscow)
by CroCo
Annoying Error??

I'm attempting to use ROS library. They're mentioning clearly that this library may not work properly in Windows even though there are installation instructions...
[3 replies] Last: I have no idea what you were asked to do, so I can't answer that. (by kbw)
I need some help (SOLVED!)

This works correctly I just want to loop it to were it will keep registering everytime you type instructions, or anything else but when you click play it quits ...
[2 replies] Last: Make it as a solved issue. (by CroCo)
by sujha
arrays+functions

Hi!!Hope you guys could help me... Task: Write a program that reads in a two-dimensional array representing the coordinates of points in space. The program ...
[no replies]
Filling vectors!

So I'm trying to fill a vector with pointers to account objects. std::vector<account*> fill_vector() { std::vector<account*> temp; std::ifstream s; ...
[8 replies] Last: ahh it was the destructor messing me up! I thought initialization list... (by ThePoloHobo)
Beginning Modularization Techniques

Ok so ive pretty much done all of the work but the program still has some syntax errors that i need a little bit of help on. The program needs to reflect the ps...
[2 replies] Last: ahhh I see that now. Thank you. (by hagfish88)
variable help

I made a variable later in my code, but earlier in the code I need to call it, how do I do this? its the hwnd of my windows application.
[1 reply] : Something like this: #include <windows.h> int main() { HWND my_... (by JLBorges)
Text file help (1,2)

I've created a text file with the numbers from 1-450. After writing code to retrieve and print out the contents in the text file, the compiler only printed out ...
[24 replies] Last: Is there a way to see all 450 lines? The easiest way would be to re... (by cire)
mortgage program

I'm trying to do this chart in c++ and i'm stuck. Principle= 150,000.00 rate= 6% 0.005 Payment= 6,648.10 Years= 2 24 Month Principle interes...
[3 replies] Last: #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { int years, months, index; do... (by ats15)
Searching for line intersections

Okay so I'm pretty decent at maths, and fair at programming but I have no idea how I'd actually write mathematical line equations or check for intersections in ...
[5 replies] Last: Oh cheers man, I've already been reading that post and noticed you've ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Template Example Builds in VC++ 6, Errors in Watcom C++ 1.9

Today I tried to do a template example out of my new C++ book by Siddhartha Rao. OpenWatcom C++ 1.9 gave an error message, "left expression must be integral" fo...
[5 replies] Last: VS6 is the compiler that built it. It's Watcom that wouldn't. (by WmWeber)
slight hick up with a factoring program

My program is giving me factors but its also giving me other numbers i put the variables as int but i think its still using the decimal places for the modulus f...
[no replies]
A linked list benchmark: STL vs simple one?

Basically I have two linked lists, one which is the STL implementation and the other was mine and I tried running a benchmark to see which is better and the STL...
[8 replies] Last: thanks ne555, just what I suspected although I wonder why doesn't it c... (by lostwithcpp)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 34
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.