General C++ Programming - June 2013 (Page 2)

Changing values in a matrix using void function

Hi there, I have the following void function devised to assign "+1" or "-1" to each element of a ma...
[2 replies] Last: Bravo!! Thanks ne555 :) (by dbachito)
Graphics in C++

For graphics programming in C there is a Graphics library graphics.h but what to do in C++ I am usi...
[7 replies] Last: Alas, that is not uncommon. TBH, I have not used it in a very long tim... (by Duoas)
Need help!!

Hello good people, My program seems to have a problem when i try to quit it by pressing 'q'. Can so...
[2 replies] Last: try using cin.synch before reading from the input stream (by kulkarnisr)
Using KEY_WOW64_64KEY

Hi guys, will this work on both 32 bit and 64 bit machine ? if(RegCreateKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER,...
[1 reply] : Read this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa3... (by modoran)
by mIXpRo
const problems :(

hi, i'm trying to implement a linkedlist with iterators in c++, but when i compile i get : 1) ./li...
[1 reply] : i fixed it thanks changed ListNode(ListNode& node); to ListNode... (by mIXpRo)
by Ikaros
Template function which accepts only certain template parameters

Hi have been thinking that is it possible to have template classes with template functions such that...
[2 replies] Last: You could also use the version that doesn't modify the function signat... (by KRAkatau)
by sumsar
direct x or openGL (1,2)

i just finish basic c++ and i wanna begin making 3d and 2d games i just dont know which one I should...
[21 replies] Last: VS10 (Native C++ setup) (by EssGeEich)
set and get the value of different class members in a class

hi all, i am new to c++ programming and i have written a simple class program to display the name an...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, the logic is OK. You would implement get member functions like t... (by Fransje)
Printing from file one word at a time.

I have done an exercise from "Thinking in C++" to print text from a file to the console one line at ...
[4 replies] Last: Works better now thanks. (by Gazza2907)
How to write code for this question

QUESTION 1 Write a C program to enter an initial number of population and its projected populatio...
[1 reply] : benchmark look like this : Maybe can become our benchmark when testing... (by Blacklist1315)
by nmn
"cout" side affect ?

Thanks for reading... the below code works fine (not the most efficient, i am new to c++), but as s...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks ne555....you were right (by nmn)
Virtual base classes size of

Tested on VS2012 Sp1 struct C{ virtual void f(){} C(){} }; struct C1:virtual C{ virtual...
[11 replies] Last: My best guess is that VS2012 does not need these 4 bytes , other compi... (by fairshadow)
How do you print to console the contents of a file using foreground colors and other attributes?

Suppose I have a txt file that I want the contents printed to the console in such a way that every f...
[1 reply] : C++ doesn't know anything about consoles. That's an OS-specific thing.... (by Duoas)
Weird way to print array

I was helping someone else on this forum, and made a mistake in my for loop, but to my amazement, ...
[7 replies] Last: No one will like you if you do. Just remember this. Wow. I guess ... (by whitenite1)
Code::Blocks not recognizing extern "C" blocks

Hi, LeafyCircuits here! Comp specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Compiler: MinGW 4.6.2 IDE: Co...
[5 replies] Last: Actually, never mind. I tried amhndu's code, and I do have __cpluspl... (by LeafyCircuits)
by Exiled
Camera Mouse Movement - OpenGL, Allegro 5

Hey everyone; currently I'm programming a first person game using Allegro 5 and OpenGL. Right now, ...
[no replies]
TERM Environment Variable error?

Hi guys, So I have been working on a Game of Life code the past few days and I have come to somet...
[5 replies] Last: This should be a linux question. What distribution are you on? One te... (by Vidminas)
C++ casting

Hello people. I know C++ treats something like int(5)/int(10)=0 To see the result 0.5 it's necessa...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you to the answers, helped a lot! :) (by goncalves)
by senhor
string array

i am working on a ticktacktoe game for a while. I code it with 9 string first but i decided to re co...
[no replies]
Operator overloading

I am getting an error and I have no idea why, I think it pertains to my cin statement but cannont fi...
[1 reply] : Ah nevermind, I figured it out, missed the reference in the cpp file!! (by yoked88)
June 2013 Pages: 1234... 29
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.