General C++ Programming - June 2013 (Page 25)

Converting between types

I'm writing a class to store a tree I have a small issue. I have a class which stores a node of the tree, something like this: template<class T> class nod...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much! (by theranga)
Read word then add to list

So I'm trying to complete this part of a program where I have to read a text file from Stdin and add it to the 'word list' wl. I get how to read from a text fil...
[2 replies] Last: Could you provide an example please? Sorry, I'm not completely sure on... (by Tobestik)
read particular column form text file in C++

I am a beginner I am using with CORSIKA software. cosika's outputs are text files with 8 or 7 column and more than 2000 row(like matrix) . arrays of this matri...
[no replies]
by axtyax
first steps in creating a C++ gui library!

Hi! i would like to know the syntax for basic gui functions like drawing bitmaps, displaying pixels, or even just making a simple gui window. the thing i...
[7 replies] Last: for linux, you can start from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xlib (by ats15)
by kLeb
Doing arithmetic in file I/O

I'm not sure if this is possible but would like to ask if there's any way I could perform arithmetic on a file which I've created using file I/O. For example...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, thanks a lot! (: (by kLeb)
Why so many errors in C++?

I tried to compile this simple C++ program on my Mac with clang++: #include <forward_list> #include <iostream> int main() { std::forw...
[3 replies] Last: Try the newer version 3.2: http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#3.2 (by LB)
Reading Command Line into C++

I need to write a program that outputs the number of characters, words, and lines in the files that are supplied as command-line arguments. This is what I have ...
[2 replies] Last: This link is perfect, thank you ! When it comes to coding, do you have... (by CSCImajor18)
Counting the number of lines in a file

Hello, I was trying to make a function that would return how many lines are in a certain file. I was looking at http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/feof/ ...
[2 replies] Last: in a linear way, if your data is a specific fixed size per line then y... (by DeXecipher)
class polynomial issue

Hello all. I was hoping for some input on this program I have that is supposed to take two inputed polynomials and add them together (also multiply by scalar) ...
[no replies]
by se7enn
Algorithm for letters used in a hangman game.

Hello, So I need help in designing an algorithm that will help me in my Hangman game. I've got everything I need that is expected of my program except this. ...
[3 replies] Last: This is what I have so far void removeLetter(string &availableLetter... (by se7enn)
Hash Tables and Queues - URGENT

For my homework I need to create a hash table with a size of 7. I also need to create a queue that holds 3 names maximum for each table position. If you could ...
[1 reply] : I have been looking everywhere online and only find people who are ask... (by BradleyHeat)
by trezui
String reverse output-fix needed

Hello ! I need to do program where i will input sentence and then output it in reverse order. Example: today is Monday ----> Monday is today. So I have this:...
[5 replies] Last: thanks vlad! (by Yanson)
Pointer Variable

Silly question but interesting.... I know the answers but dont know why so ??? I have an integer pointer and i want its address without allocating memory, ...
[8 replies] Last: Each variable (so also any pointer type) has an address and a value. T... (by Fransje)
What kind of association

Consider the code given below explain what kind of association exists between class A and class B. Justify your answer as well. class A{ priv...
[1 reply] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_composition#Aggregation (by MiiNiPaa)
Binary Tree

Draw a binary tree having 4 nodes and 3 leaves please help I'm Confuse
[4 replies] Last: Thanks (by Sarmadas)
Tic Tac Toe Program (1,2)

pleaseeee tell me ur opinon and ur suggestions I borrowed from jason's code to my code like : board , Thanks Jason :) NEW CODE : #include <iostream> #in...
[21 replies] Last: all what you said is done except AI Algorithm :D thanks for tips :) (by LordAhmed)
by klw
Using std::copy to make 1D array a 3D matrix

I'm trying to copy my array 'block' to a 'dummy' 3D matrix so I can take out some arbitrary smaller matrix. Shouldn't this be possible with std::copy, where...
[2 replies] Last: LB is right, but if you still need to do it, use &dummy instead o... (by Cubbi)
SDL question - Game Freezes when applying a surface from one object onto another

Hi all, Been trying to figure out why my program freezes. I know exactly what line of code is causing it, but I can't figure out WHY it's causing it. It comp...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies everyone. The game is a 4 player space ship sh... (by MilesAway1980)
by cxinio
how to convert char to const char*

[3 replies] Last: std::string is a type like char, except char only holds one character ... (by LB)
Name class with version variable in

Hi, I´m making a class with C++ an I need introduced the version of this class in the class name, I don't know if it is possible but... Can I create the class ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much for both for responding so quickly, you have solve... (by alnorte)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 232425262728
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.