General C++ Programming - June 2013 (Page 5)

Speech Recognition for Programmers!?!??!?!?!

Hey ya’ll. Just wondering if you guys ever thought about speech recognition for programmers. If you think it’s a terrible idea, I wouldn’t blame you. Havi...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=ResidentBiscuit]it helps a ton in understanding what needs to b... (by Thumper)
std::list access objects from another thread

Hi, I have the following code below. I am getting a memory access violation when accessing cmd->query_string in the loop function. The loop() function is runnin...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks I'll looking into thread syncing. (by manit77)
I can't find a problem!! about Class

Here is my code. I intended to compute perimeter of a triangle. The problem is the initial value for the triangle. #include <iostream> #include <cmath>...
[2 replies] Last: Man... I was stupid ^^ Thanks for your help!! (by swkang7229)
Template class type

I'm getting unresolved link errors when I attempt to compile, I really don't have any idea where to go from here: dNode.h #ifndef DNODE_H #define DNODE...
[3 replies] Last: Definitions, the function body. You can't separate templates in a cpp ... (by ne555)
Error with multidimensional vector

I am having trouble accessing a one-dimensional vector as a multi-dimensional one. I have a MultiArray template class, and it is accessed using the function op...
[4 replies] Last: I've done some testing and it seems to be filling the 16th through 20t... (by Dante12129)
Unexpected SIGABRT at return 0

I am working through Binary IO with objects and am running into a curious error. The program executes perfectly until it hits the very end. At "return 0", t...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks ne555! timer! :) That makes sense. Since I am copying the exact... (by ReadingWord)
c++ pass class object by reference

I am having trouble working with third party dll's, libs and header files. I am trying to call a function and have it return a value with know luck. here is...
[1 reply] : Line 4 of main.cpp doesn't make sense. It appears you're declaring G... (by AbstractionAnon)
Typecasting bytes properly for writing to a serial handle

Background: I want to control the "Trossen Robotics PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm" using an XBOX 360 Controller and ROS. The robot arm is using an Arbotix...
[no replies]
by meesa
Static Member in Struct Array?

Here's the definition of my struct: struct Speaker { static int numElem; string name; int number; // Phone string topic; float f...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks, guys. (by meesa)
Access EXE's global variables from DLL

On linux, I can compile DLLs (shared objects) as well as executables that use them. I can even access globals and classes that are defined in the EXE from the D...
[1 reply] : http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/14207 I found tha... (by caibbor)
by Numeri
Binary Tree Deserialization

So as a learning exercise, I am trying to read and write a binary tree to a file. After googling around, I decided to use a preorder traversal (including null ...
[5 replies] Last: Another question, really quick, why is this code: string wBinTree(nod... (by Numeri)
by Niven
Neural Net Fail

I recently tried to make my first neural network. I was planning on using it for some simple character recognition where the user would turn lights in a grid on...
[4 replies] Last: The reason Net is a pointer was because when I first started working o... (by Niven)
Help me compiling a .exe

Hi! My PC is having trouble, could any1 compile this file into an .exe and send it to me? /* GSProtect Antivirus by Gnm Software 2012. GSProtect Active Scan...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks:) (by closed account N30SLyTq)
Strange error. What's the problem, man?

Invalid code which tries to change the value of a map key inside the map. Debug mode: error C2663: 'std::deque<_Ty>::push_back' : 2 o...
[2 replies] Last: OK. So the deque will not allow any additions. Oh I see. It's a map wh... (by FrankGreenha)
Please Help me

fdfgfdgdsfg
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/stl/ (by mutexe)
Returning references in c++

int& returnC() { return c; } int& returnC2() { int *d = &c; return *d; } Assume that c and d are simple integers. Why doe...
[9 replies] Last: > Is there a significant or rather any "worthy to note" difference bet... (by JLBorges)
Containers that doesn't change member address

#include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main() { int * ptr; vector<int> data; data.resize( 1000 ); for( int i = 0; i < 1000; ++...
[3 replies] Last: Looks correct. std::deque is usually implemented by storing the data i... (by Peter87)
dragon slayer [HELP]

can someone help me with this little game? im having trouble with the nested switch statements // // main.cpp // textventure // // Created by Beth S...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, but when I run this piece in Xcode, it breaks down after the '... (by ASCII14)
Pre-compiled Headers for the purpose of Code Obfuscation

Is pre-compiling headers often used for the purpose of obfuscating the header code? For example, for distribution of EXE headers for use with an open-sourced (n...
[no replies]
Can I check that the function worked?

Hello When I code a program, sometimes I confront this problem. Psudocode is this. void FuncA() {blah blah...} void FuncB() {blah blah...} void main...
[8 replies] Last: You could also throw if the function encountered a problemo.... (by BigBlackSheep)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 28
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.