General C++ Programming - June 2013 (Page 5)

Header files?

Another questions. With regards to header files? Lets say I have a header file 'add.h' . Can i...
[5 replies] Last: > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1653958/why-are-ifndef-and-define... (by ne555)
by qingze
How to generate real random number from normal distribution

I want to generate random numbers of normal distribution and use scentence like std::default_ra...
[2 replies] Last: But I find that each time the array I got are the same. That's becau... (by andywestken)
win32 API listbox SendMessage not working

Hi I have a problem with SendMessage. Anything I send doesn't show up but instead empty lines appea...
[7 replies] Last: Finally got it in a quite roundabout way: first I converted it to wstr... (by Bosskardo)
Making a namespace C++

Would anyone be able to tell me where the namespace goes when you create a namespace. I know how it...
[4 replies] Last: You're welcome! (by MikeyBoy)
boolean flag !!

Hi,please tell me whats the purpose of bool flag given in following code as I am not able to underst...
[6 replies] Last: ok...that explains everything....thanks MikeyBoy and iHutch .... (by RishiNagrath)
by R9986
Call-by-reference

This program is sorting a randomized array of integers using the bubblesort algorithm. I am trying...
[1 reply] : I am not typing this again. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/10... (by Script Coder)
by PavDub
Is this pointer arithmetics safe?

Hi, I hope my problem is well apparent from the (simplified example) code below... // by safeness ...
[11 replies] Last: Well guys, we are getting a bit OT ... So to summarize: Question : ... (by PavDub)
If / else if loop

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main () { ...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags next time (use the <> button). if (answer = "ye... (by Branflakes91093)
Speech Recognition for Programmers!?!??!?!?!

Hey ya’ll. Just wondering if you guys ever thought about speech recognition for programmers. If yo...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=ResidentBiscuit]it helps a ton in understanding what needs to b... (by Thumper)
std::list access objects from another thread

Hi, I have the following code below. I am getting a memory access violation when accessing cmd->quer...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks I'll looking into thread syncing. (by manit77)
I can't find a problem!! about Class

Here is my code. I intended to compute perimeter of a triangle. The problem is the initial value f...
[2 replies] Last: Man... I was stupid ^^ Thanks for your help!! (by swkang7229)
Template class type

I'm getting unresolved link errors when I attempt to compile, I really don't have any idea where to ...
[3 replies] Last: Definitions, the function body. You can't separate templates in a cpp ... (by ne555)
Error with multidimensional vector

I am having trouble accessing a one-dimensional vector as a multi-dimensional one. I have a MultiAr...
[4 replies] Last: I've done some testing and it seems to be filling the 16th through 20t... (by Dante12129)
Unexpected SIGABRT at return 0

I am working through Binary IO with objects and am running into a curious error. The program exe...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks ne555! timer! :) That makes sense. Since I am copying the exact... (by ReadingWord)
c++ pass class object by reference

I am having trouble working with third party dll's, libs and header files. I am trying to call a f...
[1 reply] : Line 4 of main.cpp doesn't make sense. It appears you're declaring G... (by AbstractionAnon)
Typecasting bytes properly for writing to a serial handle

Background: I want to control the "Trossen Robotics PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm" using an XBO...
[no replies]
by meesa
Static Member in Struct Array?

Here's the definition of my struct: struct Speaker { static int numElem; string nam...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks, guys. (by meesa)
Access EXE's global variables from DLL

On linux, I can compile DLLs (shared objects) as well as executables that use them. I can even acces...
[1 reply] : http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/14207 I found tha... (by caibbor)
by Numeri
Binary Tree Deserialization

So as a learning exercise, I am trying to read and write a binary tree to a file. After googling ar...
[5 replies] Last: Another question, really quick, why is this code: string wBinTree(nod... (by Numeri)
by Niven
Neural Net Fail

I recently tried to make my first neural network. I was planning on using it for some simple charact...
[4 replies] Last: The reason Net is a pointer was because when I first started working o... (by Niven)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 29
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.