General C++ Programming - June 2014

Pig Latin converter using only null terminated c strings

I'm needing to make a pig latin converter using only null terminated cstrings. I keep getting a segm...
[1 reply] : I'm needing to make a pig latin converter using only null terminated ... (by cire)
by AllT
VC++ "vector iterator + offset out of range"

Any idea why this throws that exception? Compiler: Visual C++ 2013 Update 2 auto arrPtr = boost...
[1 reply] : It doesn't matter how many items I reserve, it still throws. reser... (by cire)
by TRH123
i want to align the output, where it says gpa

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include <time.h> using namespace std; ...
[3 replies] Last: What do you want to do on this section? You say you want to align it, ... (by Yay295)
Unable to save graphics.h

I have downloaded graphics.h from http://winbgim.codecutter.org/ following the instructions from h...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, the best solution is to not use it. I'm guessing you're right ab... (by BHX)
by tmason
Licensing and Code Protection

Hello, I have written a program in C++ that I would like to license and have the code protected a...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks much for the tips! (by tmason)
Game not working with one more thing in struct?

I'm making a multiplayer shooter game, and for some reason whenever I add anything else to the bulle...
[14 replies] Last: Okay I found the problem! I guess I accidentally did this for(unsigne... (by Bingocat4)
Declaring an Array to be Empty

We have been assigned to create an iTunes library. Everything compiles in my other .h file but my ma...
[1 reply] : If you edit your post, highlight your code and click the <> button und... (by wildblue)
NES Emulator Question

Hello, I have a small question regarding an NES emulator. What exactly is the "Cartridge Expansio...
[6 replies] Last: Basically.. yes. Very few mappers use the $4xxx range. (by Disch)
trying to get void getscore() to read a file and report

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> using namespace std; // Function prototyp...
[3 replies] Last: as keskiverto said, please edit your post and use code tags, as the co... (by mekkatorqu)
Corruption of Head

I am writing a code which includes a dynamic variable. I am getting an error about a corruption of h...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you again Peter87 and ajh32 (by Rahal1813)
Calculate index

I have vector of keyframes for animation: struct Keyframe { float time;// time in seconds ...
[3 replies] Last: I think your method should be ok. It would help if you were able to i... (by kbw)
mkoctfile & CPP

I am trying to call from my "main" file another file that has a function that is using octave "fft" ...
[1 reply] : The right format requires presence of all .cpp in mkoctfile Here: t... (by knowNothing)
by nicram
Operatins per second.

Hi, I have some small problem. I need to write some function in C++ witch should call some other fun...
[2 replies] Last: @ OP: The short answer is no. JLBorges solution would do what you ar... (by Computergeek01)
by Rockyy
SerialData Communication

Hello All, I am doing SerialPort communication program where i am opening the port and reading da...
[3 replies] Last: What does WriteLine() look like? (by jlb)
writing calculations for unknown amount of students

I need to create a program that continuously records data until the user enters '0' The data that...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, I am a beginner. Thank you for your help! (by mbdst737)
threads to take sequential turns.

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <pthread.h> int turn = 1; int counter = 0; i...
[2 replies] Last: My doubt is if we see in void *tFunc(void *arg) function, first threa... (by kbw)
by Xoen
Console RPG SHA-256 Checksum Problems

So I'm making a console rpg and after the task of making my save/load functions I began making a sha...
[2 replies] Last: I didn't learn much c++ besides a bit more than what I need for this p... (by Xoen)
Problem using flattened array (i get output in hex trying to print 2D array like 1D array - row major order)

I read the input from file and print it using 2 indices but when i try to print using 1 index for...
[3 replies] Last: You dereference the pointer. That returns the value from the memory a... (by keskiverto)
by prvn20
Hangman--Country Guessing Game

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <string> using namespace std; ...
[5 replies] Last: If you actually listened and took my advice from your double post the... (by Softrix)
June 2014 Pages: 123... 21
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.