General C++ Programming - June 2014 (Page 3)

Image transfer between linux server and windows client

hi, how send and receive images from linux server to windows client?
[2 replies] Last: You should use a library like libcurl which already implements the pto... (by modoran)
How can I use construct object (Shape) efficiently?

I am a c++ novice and have a problem with my code (I wish for answer with code). The conditions I have to grant: - **Only** a pointer to an object must be ...
[1 reply] : I don't see any problems. (by helios)
by javi3r
BST Delete Leaf Node

Hi all, i have problem with my code. When i delete child node there isn't problem, but when i delete leaf node doesn't work, why??? Thanks all :) #inclu...
[1 reply] : It looks to me like the code to remove a leaf is at lines 141-146 and ... (by dhayden)
Converting an object to a different class

Sandy is of class Person, who converts to Muslim and takes on a new name Fatima, and has all the attributes of Sandy, with new Muslim attributes (e.g. religion ...
[14 replies] Last: Typical use of the (acyclic) visitor pattern: #include <iostream> #i... (by JLBorges)
Class has no member? (1,2)

I am having compiling issues and am looking for an explanation as to what is causing the error and how to fix it. The declaration of 'g4vuplInstanceID' seems to...
[33 replies] Last: Zhuge was correct in his last post, the problem has been resolved. (by dptru10)
Run c++ exe in website

I have VRP algorithm written in C++, run with command prompt Windows. input (command line) -> VRP.exe -> output (txt file) Now I want to built a website to r...
[3 replies] Last: I would write a function in PHP to achieve the intended result. (by ajh32)
Need some power for a computation

Hello, I am working on a program and its complete. However, it takes hours to calculate the results. I have 4gb ram and i3 processor. How can I get more power?...
[5 replies] Last: If you're on Windows then perfmon is a tool that gathers and displays ... (by Computergeek01)
graph

guys i wanna ask about this code int main() { int t, N, m, s, T; int u, v, w, i; scanf( "%d", &t ); while ( t > 0 ) { scanf( "%d%d%d%d", &N, &m, &s, &T...
[3 replies] Last: Yes. (by MiiNiPaa)
by farai
Libserial read port

I am using libserial library to interact with a modem using c++. The C++ code sends an AT command: my_serial_stream << "AT+CSQ" << '\r' ; The modem resp...
[no replies]
How to learn specifically C++ for high frequency trading ?

Hi guys, I have been programming for a few decades now, but also trading currencies, stocks and futures, using intensively technical analysis algorithms. ...
[7 replies] Last: I never see myself competing with others but rather make myself useful... (by philgib)
including DDK headers

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble including headers from driver development kit to Visual Studio 2013. Can anyone help me, what I am doing wrong? http://w...
[13 replies] Last: may be i cant using <ntddk.h> in Console Application ? when i buil... (by int man)
OPENGL how to load a texture with Alpha Channel

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to load a Quad with a Monster Image on it that will always face the Camera, a la Doom 2. Now I don't know how to load an imag...
[2 replies] Last: memset(TextureImage,0,sizeof(void *)*1); // Set The Pointer To NULL ... (by closed account 10X9216C)
Undefined Reference

This is my code and I am not sure where the problem lies. I have researched and racked my brain and I am sure it is a simple thing but for the life of me I can'...
[3 replies] Last: Are both list.cpp and stack.cpp in your project? I second this. It lo... (by helios)
QLabels and high speed updating causes crash

On a project I'm working on, I need to update many QLabels very quickly. Each label needs to be updated at about 20 to 50 hertz and there can be over 50 labels ...
[5 replies] Last: One more guess: Try calling setFocus() on your display widget in doPer... (by norm b)
How to rotate a Single 3D Object by modifying it's coordinates

Hi Everyone, I would like to understand how to rotate a 3D Object around it's Center, by modifying it's Vertex Coordinates. Not by using glRotatef... ...
[7 replies] Last: Coooooooool! I'll check it out (by Cydriic)
Input string text into string array

/*assume array is already initialized and declared and is of array type string.*/ int i = 2; int j = 1; string newvalu...
[1 reply] : What size did you make the array when you declared it? (by wildblue)
for loop in hangman game

Ok here I have a program that reads a word from a text file randomly and matches it with the definition. The user has to guess what the word is according to the...
[1 reply] : Based on your description, you want to print "definition" not "word" i... (by tipaye)
Idea ? : inheritance semi-shared static attribute

Hi, I had troubles doing something simple and I wanted to figure out if the idea I come-up with is something which might be submitted for C++ improvements or no...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, I didn't know for static variable. (by Yaugzebul)
memory cost on the loop of menus

I have a question on the wasting of the memory on the use of menus. What is the task: I have mainMenu, subMenu1, subMenu2, subMenu3, ... Entry from mainM...
[4 replies] Last: Well that's at least half the idea, but hey, progress is progress. (by Computergeek01)
Comparing Strings and Enums

How do I compare a string vector against an enumerated type? My code so far is: void convertToLastFirst(vector<string>&names){ enum NameFormat{FIRST, LAST}...
[1 reply] : So you're asking how you compare an array of letters to a numerical ty... (by Computergeek01)
June 2014 Pages: 12345... 21
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.