General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 47)

Newton's Method

I have been trying to write a Newton's Method program for the square root of a number and have been failing miserably... can anyone help me i have this so far? ...
[6 replies] Last: while ((y/x1)+0.0001 < x0); produced a better approximation faster ... (by Smac89)
dice game, iteration with selection

Hello, I am having a problem with the total bank calculating the improper amount of money held. $1.00 subtracted for each play. $2.00 added for each win. ...
[1 reply] : When they win, you add 1 to their bank then display bank+2...so you ar... (by Zhuge)
Storing variable-size pointers array as class variable

Hello guys, This problem is best explained by looking at its output below. I stored 15 different values but when retrieved some are wrong. Stored value = 1 ...
[6 replies] Last: To binarybob350, Thanks. Vector indeed is one of the solutions. I wi... (by activecat)
Array initialization skipping straight to int main?

Im attempting to write a program that converts binary to base10, and vice versa. But in the function for converting Base10 to Binary, just as it reaches the ...
[5 replies] Last: @cire Thanks for correcting my stupid oops. binary is initialized to 6... (by buffbill)
Graph related problem.

I have a dictionary text file being input into a graph. The program asks the user how many letters they want to use, then there is a conditional statement, the ...
[4 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graph_%28abstract_data_type%29 Adjacency... (by majidkamali1370)
ATM program loop trouble

So im doing an ATM programming project assigned by my teacher and im stuck. basically the program is to loop until the user wants to exit. i know im supposed to...
[9 replies] Last: I do not think you r stupid at all ~~~ have u been drinking svedka? ... (by joneele)
creating array and giving error

I have been looking and i'm stuck on this. I wrote this program to find quarks and their charge and mass but i need it to give me 5 different ones. so i made an...
[1 reply] : You need to loop from i=0 to i<5. Valid array indices for an array of ... (by Zhuge)
Downloading Files Multiplatform

I'm trying to find the best way to simply download a single or multiple files from individual URLs as part of a GUI web installer. I've looked around and I came...
[no replies]
Global vs Local var scope

I have two very simple questions in a global/local variable lesson. In this lesson: http://xoax.net/cpp/crs/console/lessons/Lesson11/ Giving Code: #include <...
[3 replies] Last: So how is the author of these tutorials getting his code to run with ... (by cire)
hospital program

can anyone plz tell me the how to make the hospital program
[1 reply] : This is my best guess. int main() { std::cout << "I'm a hospital!... (by Stewbond)
Multiple Functions

Hello all. For my intro to c++ class I have this assignment due. I've already completed the first part (the factorial function). But I'm not sure how to crea...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> int factori... (by Stewbond)
Question about clearing/free up memory

I'm still not too familiar with the concept of properly clearing memory space when you create a variable in a function and call it multiple times, will it stor...
[2 replies] Last: Alright thanks! (by Kenny002)
by ddow
New to prgramming!

Hi Everyone I was wondering if you could enlighten me with some information I am looking to get into programming with c++ I wil b honest and say I have neve...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks everyone. I appreciate it all I will check out the webiste pr... (by ddow)
Using bitmask operators

So this is the code I have so far which puts a bitmask seperator base on what I choose. My problem is when Im trying to do them in this manner. 1. 0 to 31,...
[3 replies] Last: String multyplyByTwo ( const int number ) is a function declaratio... (by cire)
Create own functions for Read/WriteProcesses

Hey everyone. I'm wanting to write my own functions for ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory, but I keep running into problems. Here's my code. void ...
[no replies]
array declaration error

I'm trying to wirte a program that reads a from a input file. On one column of the input file is angle and the other is the coefficient. The program is supposed...
[no replies]
Dynamically allocated Vector

Hi all, I have always used this declaration for a member of the vector class: vector<double> myvec; Then typically I use reserve() method. My vector is...
[1 reply] : [quote=aortizb]" Would it be any advantage in declaring it as vector<d... (by closed account zb0S216C)
VC thread arguments number limited?

Hello, I am using thread on VC 2012 (very close to VC 2010). When the argument list is short, it works fine. However, when I add a function with more arguments...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks cire, got it! (by dekeenfrance)
graph

wht is meant by graph in data structure and what is defined by the cost of the graph?
[1 reply] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graph_%28abstract_data_type%29 (by MiiNiPaa)
data struture

can restricted and non restricted data structure be used together in a program ?
[2 replies] Last: how? (by newworld)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 4546474849... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.