General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 9)

Super confused, teacher says its obvious

Evening Everyone, I've been having issues, we got an assignment due in about a week or so and we have to alter a class and an application, basically all we have...
[1 reply] : > indexList.h:71: error It's telling you that there is an error in the... (by ne555)
cast uint16 to int32

by casting a unsigned short to a singed long, is there any chance to generate a negative value? Thanks
[12 replies] Last: Ah, thanks - I just found some problems in some of my older code :) (by LB)
Friend function: Remove this 1 error.

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class a{ friend int operator+(int callingInt, a& obj); int x; //private public: int getX(){return x;} ...
[11 replies] Last: Haha, glad my satire and hyperbole can be helpful. (by LB)
Programming assignment

Ok, so i have an assignment due at midnight and we just learned this new concept about reading INFILES and creating OUTFILES but im having trouble understanding...
[4 replies] Last: this means if the file is good.. which includes if the file exists and... (by writetonsharma)
The while Statement! I need some help!

I have a program that needs to calculate the total for three stores payrolls. Inputs would be the three stores payrolls Output would be the total of all three...
[6 replies] Last: One more thing. It's not this problem but it's kind of related. How wo... (by mcnevermore)
Microsoft Visual C++ console windows exits immediately

After creating a basic game, I thought I would brush on some advanced OOP. (I only used really basic classes in my game). But when I came back to the console, t...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1988/ (by tcs)
Grades Do not Print???

Am very new to C++ and have been working on program forever. Have assignment due and am pulling hair out because information in last function does not print. ...
[1 reply] : Can you post your error? (by pogrady)
[Linker error] undefined reference to `doSomething(int*, int*)'

Hey! I am currently writing a program for a homework assignment, but I seem to be encountering an error. The question asks: The following function uses re...
[1 reply] : These two do not correspond: int doSomething(int*, int*); int doSom... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by Jgwman
Multiplayer mod using c++ (get data from application)

Hello. I was considering attempting to make a mod for a singleplayer video game which would add multiplayer. Although I know some network programming, my pro...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I will look into that! (by Jgwman)
Why doesn't MySQL++ work?

I downloaded it, unzipped it, ran the Install.hta file. Then afterwards i went in to my VC++. I right clicked on my Project and clicked "Properties -> Configura...
[no replies]
Insert function in binary tree, stack overflow error

I am trying to implement the insert function of a binary tree. Atm when I try and insert 3 nodes, the program breaks and gives me a stack overflow error. The er...
[3 replies] Last: There are a lot of potential problems with your add method, but the fi... (by cire)
Can I make a game using C++ and SFML only?

Hi! I wanted to make a game with a few friends. By a few I mean like 10 other people. We're pretty well set up. We have people doing graphics, music, story, cod...
[3 replies] Last: I got most of my inspiration from Mojang and Notch. I loved Minecraft,... (by CppCoder101)
file handling in c++

Hello everyone, ive written a program to read inputs in a text file. The file named Input.txt contain integers 2 3 and 4. My program is as follows: #inclu...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for the hint about the code tags ... :) MikeyBoy Im new here ^^... (by Raikueza)
Conversion Problem

I'm basically making a function to do the reverse of something I've already made. // APP.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #inclu...
[1 reply] : I'll try and simplify how I phrased the above: I want to do this prin... (by awsdert)
Finding coordinates in a multidimensional array

I know how to find a specific number in a multidimensional array, but I don't know how to have a specific number and find its coordinates. Any help?
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, it was a logic problem rather than a programming problem. (by Donanza)
Data structure for storing and processing 3-dimensional data

Hi everybody, I am currently doing some research with regard to the data structure that fits the following task: I am reading in data either from a camera o...
[no replies]
Briefly about this C++ topic

This is about how data structure and algorithm are used in games development. We not need to develop the whole games. We can focus on scene management, score, ...
[3 replies] Last: You should look the book where these phrases are written. I can only g... (by vlad from moscow)
PLEASE HEELP IM STUCK IN A LOOP AND CANT FIND IT

//I cant seem to find my problem #include <iostream> #include <fstream> const int MAXROWS = 4; const int MAXCOLS = 4; const int MAXFILENAME = 255; /...
[2 replies] Last: I agree with greenleaf please use code tags, and state your problem. h... (by Yanson)
by ra1gar
Sorting idea, need ideas

The program should count the value of N words (for example, A is 1, B is 2, C is 3 and so on .. , so if I enter AAA the value would be 3) and sort them by valu...
[11 replies] Last: VC++6.0 was released 15 years ago. I would second that suggestion. (by cire)
How to run console again and again?

How to run console again and again in C++: . . . QUESTION: I want to know how to run console again and again rather than just running once? ..............
[4 replies] Last: Once the program is finished, its going to end. So, you should have so... (by writetonsharma)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 7891011... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.