General C++ Programming - March 2014

by kn2995
Problem with Arrays Assignment

The local Driver’s License Office has asked you to write a program that grades the written portion of the driver’s license exam. The exam has 20 multiple c...
[no replies]
by ginkgo
Students and grades

Hi :) I am having troubles making a program which works in the following way: We have a class made up of 4 students who have passed 5 exams. I have to cre...
[no replies]
Graph and binart tree traversal

Hi all, I'm pleased to join this forum, and this is my first post, I got some knowledge in C++ but not that much , my field is originally database, however, I...
[4 replies] Last: So you aren't actually joining the graphs -- just treating two (or mor... (by Duthomhas)
by IsaacD
How to write bits to a disk using C++?

I'm trying to write a program that writes data to a disk in C++ without caring about it's file system. Here is what I can do so far: #include <iostream> #inc...
[3 replies] Last: The bits of a byte are modified using the logical bit operators. ht... (by Duthomhas)
C++ Book Suggestions.

Hello. I'm a college student (Junior), and I have taken two C++ Classes, have some experience with Unix/Bash, and I learned Object Oriented Programming by us...
[2 replies] Last: Here is also another list to consider (at bottom) http://isocpp.org/ge... (by BHX)
Inventory system

So I'm writing an RPG and I'm in need of an inventory system. Of course as an relatively old member of the forum I know best than just come here and ask so I've...
[2 replies] Last: I'd recommend vector, but since I don't know how you are wanting to do... (by BHX)
Problem while including multiple headers/forms.. C++ CLI

i cant believe that i cant solve this problem almost 3 days ..i cant continue making my projct ... please please please help me... here are some pics.. 1: ht...
[no replies]
by Wake
Space file in string

Hi, I have a problem, caught the last line of a file and do the division of the same variables in, date, time and value but the file contains excess spaces i...
[5 replies] Last: In the file, the script performs the reading of the entire last line, ... (by Wake)
std::string help!

i am trying to make a class called resource_data which contains some std::string arrays.. it looks like this; class resource_data { std::string bunny_Colo...
[2 replies] Last: i feel like deleting this post... im such an idiot.. thank you my frie... (by CanOpener)
by Ram1
string comparison

Ask a user to enter three strings of characters and store them in three different arrays of characters. Then print them out according to their alphabetical orde...
[6 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting code, to make it readable: http://w... (by MikeyBoy)
can you help me with this

Write a program that reads from a file (with variable number of records) student names and the grades for 2 tests and 3 assignments (the points are between 0 a...
[2 replies] Last: my code haven't done yet, can you help me (by billy3010)
Send Structure with pointer in socket program

How to pass the pointer structure in client server program using boost library? server: #include <ctime> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <b...
[no replies]
I have a problem with my program

Hello, this is my first post. I am making a calculator using stacks. curpos is the the variable of the top of the stack that is initially set to -1. Every time ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much! (by joeyma1996)
c struct initialization with #include "file.h"

I have a c struct define as: struct p { #include "file.h" }p; there are many warnings being thrown about this struct not being initialized when the code compile...
[10 replies] Last: Peter87, I think you may be correct; using the implicit default constr... (by wanher3)
No match for operator=

Hi I'm a beginner C++ developer so sorry in advance if my question could be not very "intelligent". I post the code so it's easier to understand the problem. ...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry there is a my error in paste and copy, where is written sensor_c... (by valeria82)
fstream.get() not breaking at end line

I'm trying to read a file line by line, it's been a long time since I did any programming in c++, and I'm porting a simple app from javascript to c++ to get my ...
[3 replies] Last: It's not working for the same reason this isn't working. http://www.cp... (by kbw)
by Argy
Sound's through CMD

Hi i would like to ask if there is any way to play a sound from cmd.Not to execute the file with other programm through cmd..i would like to be something like B...
[2 replies] Last: Well i did that but on compile i get this error undefined reference to... (by Argy)
Relation between a Container and the Allocator

To my understanding, a Container should have an Allocator member data, which is used internally. Question: what happens, for example, when we swap() two ...
[7 replies] Last: > What does // slightly simplified mean; is there more to do? For a l... (by JLBorges)
printing data from template class

I have created a template class called Queue that stores elements using linked list. I have also created a new type called Date. is there any way to output Dat...
[3 replies] Last: I now see some problems with your code (counted from worst to least ba... (by Catfish666)
Fixed precision question

Hey everyone, I had a question about the proper syntax of using fixed and scientific precision Specifically on which has to come first. If I place co...
[3 replies] Last: The effect of setting a format parameter is usually permanent; that i... (by JLBorges)
March 2014 Pages: 123... 36
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.