General C++ Programming - March 2015

by Matep
Char to Int, Sort using my own function

Hi guys, I've got a string of 3 characters, first 2 are numbers and last one is a letter I was thinking of pushbacking it to vector <pair <int, char > > v and...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks dude, helped! (by Matep)
binary search tree

For class I have a project to do. Basically its to take a BST and put it into a 1d array. so its like insert 5,3,8,,1,4,9 the array will look like 5 3 8 1...
[1 reply] : Note: Storing a tree in an array does not seem to be relevant to your ... (by keskiverto)
by Karrot
Trouble Getting Motivated

I remember the one thing that I was always told when I started learning to program was to have a goal. With several languages, I've achieved quite a bit - ran...
[1 reply] : Maybe https://www.hackerearth.com/ ? There are challenges, Live challe... (by TarikNeaj)
Dev-C++ IDE problem

Not strictly a c++ issue but the IDE IS related so I hope someone here can help -its driving me nuts. When I am typing in source code, every once in awhile I...
[1 reply] : Try Restarting Dev c++. (by TarikNeaj)
[HELP] Get matrix from user in specific format

I'm creating a program which will perform a variety of operations on a user defined matrix. I want to user to enter the matrix in the form: A = [1 2 3 4; 5 6 ...
[2 replies] Last: std::string row; std::getline(line, row, ';'); std::istringstream fo... (by ne555)
[HELP] Get matrix from user in specific format

I'm creating a program which will perform a variety of operations on a user defined matrix. I want to user to enter the matrix in the form: A = [1 2 3 4; 5...
[no replies]
How do you simulate a delay in keybd_event

I have the following code keybd_event(0x53, 0, 0, 0); //Press S key Sleep(5000); //Sleeps for 5 seconds keybd_event(0x53, 0, 0x0002, 0); //Release the S Ke...
[no replies]
Programming: Principles and Practice using C++ Review and Exercise Questions Help Needed

In Stroustrup's book, I've completed Chapter 1 and have to do a Review and some Exercises for it now; the Exercise don't actually involve any coding for this on...
[no replies]
by xenj
Array of Objects in Class

sorry. new here. i have found similar cases but i can't decipher what i need and don't need so i'll start with very basic information. we are making queue data ...
[4 replies] Last: On Topic 1, the line: class Vehicle; //Topic 1 does nothing. You'... (by MikeyBoy)
How do you return the value a memory address holds?

Hi there how do you read the address of a program and return the value of what ever the data the address holds? I have the following code which reads an offset ...
[1 reply] : You need to cast the memory address to a pointer to the type of the sp... (by coder777)
Using void and value-returning functions

Hey everyone! So I'm having difficulty turning the int into string and I was wondering if anyone could help me and just generally look over the program and see ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, Just wanted to mention that leap years are every 4 years, but not... (by TheIdeasMan)
linked list an objects

do I need a copy oopy constructor? class book{ string title string author ; } class Sale{ Book book; float totalsold...
[1 reply] : You don't need a copy constructor for book or Sale . They are autom... (by coder777)
by jcf5xh
writing file to fat16 file system

So, I recently adapted this code I found online, which is a command line tool that copies a file in a FAT16 file system, and puts it into your 'regular;' direct...
[1 reply] : Hier are some links that may help: http://www.data-recovery-app.com/d... (by coder777)
Project builds but doesn't run? Updated java?

I recently updated java (about 2 weeks ago) for some sort of application (not for eclipse). I tried to use eclipse again today and my projects will build but ...
[1 reply] : I don't see why reinstalling g++ would help. You said the projects com... (by Peter87)
Adding arrays outside a while loop.

Using numbers from an array inside a while loop and using those numbers to add up outside the while loop. I'm not sure how to do so and I have looked up to no s...
[4 replies] Last: Each time you get the information of how much the user spent money buy... (by TarikNeaj)
How to cancel function and return to main.

I've tried searching the web first, but I can't find out the proper way to return to my main and repeat the program. I know I have to use return but I don't k...
[8 replies] Last: Nevermind guys, thanks for the replies though. When I was returning fr... (by RelentlessChaos)
bubble sorting a dynamic array using only pointers

I am trying to bubble sort my dynamic array using the pointer. The following code sorts the array but replaces my largest number with 0. I have been unable to r...
[no replies]
by as4mvp
Arrays with Random Numbers

Write a program in which you create an array with 250 elements. Populate the array with random real numbers between 1 and 100. Using the statistics library, c...
[1 reply] : Please, do not double-post. The other thread: http://www.cplusplus.com... (by keskiverto)
Problem with VS 2013

hey. I had written a project with VS 2010 and it had worked well. now i have installed VS 2013 and when i wanna debug current project, it says that my functions...
[10 replies] Last: actually in the main site i read about it but didn't understand what i... (by HMD7313)
C++, Python, Delphi programers needed

Looking for an experienced C++, Delphi, Python programmers and any additional code experience is also helpful . Job will deal with programing of laser markers, ...
[2 replies] Last: Hello and thank you for your reply, I am looking for some one to be u... (by Joeanello)
March 2015 Pages: 123... 28
  Archived months: [feb2015] [apr2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.