General C++ Programming - May 2012

casting a parameter as a reference

Hi all, I usually write code in C but I'm currently doing some C++ and came across something along the lines of the code below. I don't fully understand C++...
[18 replies] Last: @Peter87 Spoilers! @vlad: your sample also invokes undefined behavior... (by Cubbi)
Tools to find GDI Memory Leaks

I have some code that results in leaked GDI resources. I can tell because when I run the program and view the GDI handles in Task Manager the number simply kee...
[5 replies] Last: Good luck ! :) (by hot pie)
best method to store objects of customers

I created a customer class for a database program and want to store the objects somewhere. what would be the best method to do this? every time the user pushes ...
[1 reply] : should the tables, database tables(files), be normalized :-) ? If so t... (by therockon7throw)
CxImage

Hi , I am trying to be familiar with CxImage labrary . I have compiled to labrary I have done all the setting of the project for the labrary . But when ...
[1 reply] : You're not linking to the right .lib file. I'm not at all familiar ... (by Disch)
by Numeri
Solovay-Strassen Primality Test (1,2)

I am working on the Solovay-Strassen primality test and just keep running in to problems. If you don't know what it is, look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So...
[26 replies] Last: Yep, it works! It even returns that the 1.0e8th prime (2,038,074,743) ... (by Numeri)
by blk
Few compiling errors that I can't fix.

Hi, I have a few compiling errors that I can't fix in a program that's pretty much finished. I didn't know whether or not to post it here or in the beginner's...
[3 replies] Last: See my reply to your post in the beginners forum: http://cplusplus.com... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by wqer
Help with an void

Hi! This is my first thred here! This code is for a glossary test from swedish to english. I have problem with (*it).engelska)! And why cant i use (*it...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks BlackSheep! i'm feeling stuupid! (by wqer)
stop button

I got a form with a start and stop button, when i press starts it executes my code, but when i stop it doesnt stop it What do i do wrong? in form1.h p...
[8 replies] Last: Your problem is that you declare local variables in lines 12 and 22 an... (by doug4)
by Bouya
int to char

hi how can i convert an int to a char ? i used "atoi" but it doesn't work !!! Thanks
[1 reply] : int anInt=5; char c=anInt; (by Athar)
getch();

Hello everyone there, I am facing a problem in this code that when I give input to the program then I press enter and nothing is displayed. I again press enter ...
[2 replies] Last: void main() is not C++ either. int main() is. (by Moschops)
String to Int conversion questions

Hello all, I am new to c++. Please help with the following. I have two strings, viz., "0, 1, 3, 2" and "-1, -1, 1, 1, 1, -1, -1, 1". I need to convert the...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much everyone. I am grateful for all your help. (by newtocpp2012)
Factory and FactoryRegistrators initialized in wrong order

Hi everyone, I have the following weird problem (working on a library): I have an abstract class ExportFilter, that has a static element Factory<ExportFilter>....
[7 replies] Last: #pragma priority and the commandline option -qpriority are the non-sta... (by Cubbi)
changing color with file output?

im currently working on a sort of debugging system for my game engine, wich will tell me if stuff loads correctly etc. so i was wondering, is there a way for...
[6 replies] Last: "Be aware that rtf does not have the most rigourously defined spec in ... (by even821)
GetProcAddress Returns 0

I have this: DWORD XER = (DWORD)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandle(L"user32.dll"),"SendMessageW"); cout << XER << endl; but XER returns 0 or NULL :( what is...
[4 replies] Last: That is not a problem if the code compiles (as it is the case here). O... (by modoran)
by Nandi
error !!

this is where my error is occuring: void runMenu(double allItems, int & itemId) { int option; string word, msg = "Sale Record: ( 101024, 1...
[11 replies] Last: Hahaha. Damn you. (by MrHutch)
games with code to look at

i was wondering if there is anyway to look at the source code of older games, like half-life or doom? im really interested to learn by reading through it.
[3 replies] Last: I believe the SC of the original PoP is on github. IIRC it's mostly As... (by hanst99)
Saving Text from a Rich Text Box

Hello first time on the forums but Ill get straight to my issue. Im currently attempting to build a Windows Form application to log IT complaints in the office ...
[3 replies] Last: Does anybody else have any idea whats wrong? Im still having the same ... (by Zaldras)
by Aprian
create program

Can anyone give me example of c++ with branch, loop, function, and array one dimension in one program?
[1 reply] : Read this: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ and you will certa... (by coder777)
by larnoy
Please help me sovle " Decision tree " please guru.

code too long so upload to ziddu.com http://www.ziddu.com/download/19526890/decision.rar.html It's have eight error about declaration but I can't no solve i...
[no replies]
how to send data generated by one application to another server?

hello, i have created an application.exe in VC++ CLR which could receive live data from server A, via the API...now i need to send the live data to another ser...
[no replies]
May 2012 Pages: 123... 41
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.