General C++ Programming - May 2012

by Ronny
Declaration Error!

M making a small project. Adding some extra values but getting declaration error. I declared the cor...
[10 replies] Last: kk gotcha thanks!~ (by Ronny)
by sanyam
socket programming

i new to socket programming. i built a chatting software. the program compiles fine but doesn't work...
[5 replies] Last: ok friends i got the errror.... thanks (by sanyam)
Is this file reading method good enough?

to read lines from a file into a vector I am doing this: std::vector <string> TextLine; std::str...
[1 reply] : Your code is fine. getline() returns the stream InFile and the test i... (by kbw)
Will not complile no matter what..

I've been trying for ages trying to get this to compile...its a multiple file program in Codeblocks ...
[3 replies] Last: It appears that your not linking Songs.cpp to your program. Try creati... (by ModShop)
getline max size = 256? how to bypass this?

Hi, I have a .csv file that I'm trying to read from. Each line has approximately 400-600 characters...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you Cire and Xerzi! I used a hex editor to diagnose the problem... (by daven25)
casting a parameter as a reference

Hi all, I usually write code in C but I'm currently doing some C++ and came across something alon...
[18 replies] Last: @Peter87 Spoilers! @vlad: your sample also invokes undefined behavior... (by Cubbi)
Tools to find GDI Memory Leaks

I have some code that results in leaked GDI resources. I can tell because when I run the program an...
[5 replies] Last: Good luck ! :) (by hot pie)
best method to store objects of customers

I created a customer class for a database program and want to store the objects somewhere. what woul...
[1 reply] : should the tables, database tables(files), be normalized :-) ? If so t... (by therockon7throw)
CxImage

Hi , I am trying to be familiar with CxImage labrary . I have compiled to labrary I have done ...
[1 reply] : You're not linking to the right .lib file. I'm not at all familiar ... (by Disch)
by Numeri
Solovay-Strassen Primality Test (1,2)

I am working on the Solovay-Strassen primality test and just keep running in to problems. If you don...
[26 replies] Last: Yep, it works! It even returns that the 1.0e8th prime (2,038,074,743) ... (by Numeri)
by blk
Few compiling errors that I can't fix.

Hi, I have a few compiling errors that I can't fix in a program that's pretty much finished. I did...
[3 replies] Last: See my reply to your post in the beginners forum: http://cplusplus.com... (by NwN)
by wqer
Help with an void

Hi! This is my first thred here! This code is for a glossary test from swedish to english. ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks BlackSheep! i'm feeling stuupid! (by wqer)
by joriek
stop button

I got a form with a start and stop button, when i press starts it executes my code, but when i stop ...
[8 replies] Last: Your problem is that you declare local variables in lines 12 and 22 an... (by doug4)
by Bouya
int to char

hi how can i convert an int to a char ? i used "atoi" but it doesn't work !!! Thanks
[1 reply] : int anInt=5; char c=anInt; (by Athar)
getch();

Hello everyone there, I am facing a problem in this code that when I give input to the program then ...
[2 replies] Last: void main() is not C++ either. int main() is. (by Moschops)
String to Int conversion questions

Hello all, I am new to c++. Please help with the following. I have two strings, viz., "0, 1, 3...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much everyone. I am grateful for all your help. (by newtocpp2012)
Factory and FactoryRegistrators initialized in wrong order

Hi everyone, I have the following weird problem (working on a library): I have an abstract class Ex...
[7 replies] Last: #pragma priority and the commandline option -qpriority are the non-sta... (by Cubbi)
changing color with file output?

im currently working on a sort of debugging system for my game engine, wich will tell me if stuff lo...
[6 replies] Last: "Be aware that rtf does not have the most rigourously defined spec in ... (by even821)
GetProcAddress Returns 0

I have this: DWORD XER = (DWORD)GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandle(L"user32.dll"),"SendMessageW"); c...
[4 replies] Last: That is not a problem if the code compiles (as it is the case here). O... (by modoran)
by Nandi
error !!

this is where my error is occuring: void runMenu(double allItems, int & itemId) { i...
[11 replies] Last: Hahaha. Damn you. (by iHutch105)
May 2012 Pages: 123... 41
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.