General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 3)

multidimensional array

I've got this code under main: cout << "n= "; cin >> n; bool m ; //expected constant expression *-*- cannot allocate array of constant size 0 *-*- mis...
[5 replies] Last: @frescofrs Regarding... it only gives an error when i try to pass t... (by andywestken)
invalid conversion from 'const ... ' to '...'

Hi everyone, I keep getting errors from the following code: int orgCount, newCount; wordcount *wrdPtr; wrd = words.find(*wrd...
[7 replies] Last: Oh... my bad. Thanks for the help guys!!! Much appreciated. (by johnny45634)
How to get array size inside method

Hi, i'm new to c++. here is my scenario. I have one array with size of 5 and passing this array to one method. I want to get size of the array inside method....
[6 replies] Last: You might find the discussion over in this other thread to be illumina... (by Duthomhas)
What Is Wrong!

I Dont Understand! #include<iostream> #include<ctime> #include<cstdlib> #include<windows.h> using namespace std; class Ship { public: in...
[3 replies] Last: Thank You naraku9333 It Worked (by closed account jyU4izwU)
help! generate skew distribution

does anyone know how to generate a skew distribution random number? or is there any place having refer the skew distribution random number? thanks
[2 replies] Last: It is really useful . Thanks very much. (by huang11404)
Want to make a notepad in c++

I am making notepad in c++,i want to give it a windows look like as included in windows api (basic buttons , different mouse cursor for text field). THANKS in ...
[1 reply] : Well you can either write the code completely by hand for Windows func... (by ajh32)
Can't understand the output of this program

Hi I executed the following program -: #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; int main(){ int *p = (int *)1; bool b = p; c...
[1 reply] : #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; int main() ... (by MiiNiPaa)
List Pointer not deleting

LinkedList* listPtr = new LinkedList; listPtr->addNode(3); listPtr->addNode(4); listPtr->addNode(6); listPtr->print(std::cout); delete listPtr; listPtr...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks. I was aware I still needed a copy constructor and copy assignm... (by h4ckb0x7)
how to use <chrono> in c++

i have an assignment based on researching on a specific header file and i have chosen <chrono>. i cannot seem to find any information on how to use the heade...
[3 replies] Last: thenk u very much (by Fallen angel)
How to create array with size of another method returning value

Hi, I have to create array with size that returns from method int val=test(); int arr ; int test() { // Some logic and getting result as 5 retur...
[7 replies] Last: well, using STL mostly will affect performance if you don't know how t... (by Rechard3)
Having an error when trying to pass a string value

In my program which I'm writing as assignment for my HND is giving me a an error when I enter data in to a string value. Below is my struct Array which I'm stor...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much (by Sinux Sand)
visual studio 2012 command prompt problem

when i output something command prompt disappear in a second i do not want to use the system("pause") thing is there any setting to stop this thing?
[4 replies] Last: use cin.ignore(); this topic is covered in the beginners forum. htt... (by Yanson)
by Ziru
Graphical user interface with Qt Creat

Good evening friends. It is possible to develop a graphical user interface in Qt Creat for C language? Or have a better API? Can you help me? Please.
[2 replies] Last: Sure, you can use that IDE for C language development (see http://www.... (by Bilderbikkel)
Linked List Delete List

I'm working on a linked list and was wondering how this looks to everybody else for a deleteList function. void deleteList(Node* head) { Node* itera...
[6 replies] Last: Correct. It is perfectly safe to delete a null pointer. (by cire)
undefined reference to `_mainFlags'(solved)

http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs106b/assignments/Assignment1-linux.zip I am self-studying this assignment for an upcoming Coursera course. I modified Warmup....
[3 replies] Last: Thank you L B. I now have a better understanding on how the provided l... (by andrenvq57)
Help me to solve

Im supposed to identify the errors and compile and run the program Task#1 - compile & correct the errors in this program // Task#2 - Run the program to un...
[2 replies] Last: It still shows error after i identify and modify the code : /*Malani ... (by Malani Nair)
ACM search problem

Hey, i have trouble understanding the input and output of this problem link to pdf :https://icpcarchive.ecs.baylor.edu/external/22/2220.pdf
[no replies]
by Hucaru
Access Violation

Hi, I am making a game using SFML. I have implemented a state handling system and am just filling in the bare bones e.g. closing the game and changing states. H...
[11 replies] Last: Okay I will give this a try. (by Hucaru)
by aj3423
how to handle async operations

Hi, I've been thinking over this for long time... For example, when a button is clicked, print a string "clicked" after 5 seconds. (the button won't be block...
[2 replies] Last: That't it, Thanks., (by aj3423)
Vector shuffle print

Hello, I've a txt file (musica.txt) and I'm trying to shuffle the vector that contains it (vector<Musica> music) and print 10 random musics. But , somehow, ...
[3 replies] Last: By the way in your original code you are skipping the first line of th... (by vlad from moscow)
May 2013 Pages: 12345... 47
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.