General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 42)

Reheapify Down

So I am working on this heap sort program I have an algorithm from my book that i am trying to follow, what i cant seem to figure out though is the reheapify_do...
[2 replies] Last: So this is what I changed it to, there are still a few elements in the... (by Andrew Garcia)
Need help displaying an average for each entry

I have to display an average for each student that is entered can someone please help with fixing my code void StudentData::displayAverageScore() { double to...
[7 replies] Last: These are the direction 1.a loadStudents method that loads a set of st... (by tcshowmore)
Ask not working

My code seems pretty solid. I don't understand how to call ask for some reason. template <typename T> void ask() { string choice; string ...
[2 replies] Last: If the user picks fname or lname, etc. I need to have it to be a strin... (by Gulopey)
how to use mouse in drawing shapes in c++

hey guys !! i have to make an application called " paint " in c++ . It should facilitate user to draw different shapes using a mouse. Now the biggest hurdle i a...
[1 reply] : Have you taken any course on a graphics library? eg:GDI, OpenGL, SDL, ... (by Aceix)
Help printing a list.

Here is my code thus far: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include <list> #include <vector> #include <sstream> #include <fstre...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I will give it a shot. (by lil clark41)
Number of elements in a list of list

Hello everyone, I have a problem like this: I do not know how to count the number of elements in a list of lists. Let me explain: I have the following list of ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks vlad (by giorgik)
How to insert an element into a vector at a particular index

Hey, I am storing info in a vector but I want to store certain info at a particular index. I am new to using vectors and am unsure about have to do this. I am...
[1 reply] : The insert function takes an iterator as argument to decide the posi... (by Peter87)
Program Stops Debugging

Hi Guys, Really need some help here. I downloaded some code from a manufacturers website which they tell me works however when I debug the code, the terminal...
[10 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/298708/debugging-with-command-line-... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Bad
ctt selection structure

Please help me : SYNOPSIS KBJ tourist agency Sdn. Bhd wants you to write an application program to calculate the total price for their customers for a p...
[8 replies] Last: i think the souce code like this,, #include <iostream.h> #include <c... (by junkz)
by Shala
Something goes wrong with my program in xcode

so im having a bit of trouble with getting my program to run properly in xcode. the build succeeds (thats what xcode says) but as soon as a i enter my two resis...
[3 replies] Last: (res1+res2)/res1*res2 is equal to ((res1+res2)/res1)*res2 and is e... (by MiiNiPaa)
by k321
error C2447

Could someone please look at this program and tell me why it says error C2447? Thx! #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math.h> #include <iomanip...
[5 replies] Last: @zoran404: It doesn't make such a big difference in built-in types. A... (by S G H)
Good Cross platform low level networking interface

does anyone know of a good c++ lib for low level networking like sockets and stuff. i would like it to be cross platform so stuff like winsock and the unix head...
[2 replies] Last: boost.asio is the near-standard C++ library for these things: http://w... (by Cubbi)
Weird program behaviour

In the code below, how is the value of string b changing? Check in the output. The string b should contain value "you what?" for the input I give, but its value...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. I get it now. :) (by paulrishav93)
Library problem

I have a problem. I created a library and I can't remember how to use .a and .o files in a project. While I was writing it I used #include "folder/libr.hpp"...
[5 replies] Last: I already tried putting .a file in the linker. That is why I need help... (by zoran404)
swapping lettters in array

I have a function that is suppose to swap positions of 2 letters but It doesn't seem to work. Im passing in the array of char into the function. void swapl...
[6 replies] Last: You should print out 'word' not 'temp1' Because your way it will alway... (by zoran404)
Constructive criticism needed for Quadratic equation calculator 3.

Hello. I need constructive criticism of my quadratic equation calculator (version: 3). Thank you. // Quadratic equation calculator. #include <iostr...
[7 replies] Last: Problem is your code is hard to follow: there is a loop which body is ... (by MiiNiPaa)
using pow in long long

Hi guys, is there anyway to use the pow function for long long? i`m trying to do a modulo unsigned long long sendAlice(const unsigned long long base, con...
[16 replies] Last: try this source: int fastExp(double x, double y, double z) { const... (by junkz)
Read images from database

Hello, I have a database of images and I want to store paths of all those images to a text file (lets say "images.txt"). I can then use this text file in c++ t...
[4 replies] Last: how do i loop over all images in the database?? how does variable "pat... (by shekhar425)
Simulator

Hi Friends, I am doing research in Optical Networks, therefore I need to write my own simulator in C++ rather than using NS2 or others. So, please give me y...
[no replies]
Type conversion

Well, I just wanted to assign one object to another(both of different classes) supposing Destination Object=Source Object; and I define a constructor in the ...
[5 replies] Last: Now, the error is after the call to constructor is made... a destruct... (by tvrameshmc)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 4041424344... 47
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.