General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 5)

Overloaded assignment operator for class template objects (1,2)

I designed a class template to create unique arrays. I was able to successfully input data to and ou...
[30 replies] Last: Eureka!! Hurray!! Yeehaw!!! Are there other exclamatory outbursts ... (by geeloso)
I need help in understanding how the functions works in the program inorder to identify the lowest value in the array

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using std::cout; using std::endl; using std::setw; dou...
[no replies]
Code::Blocks or Microsoft Visual C++?

I Want A New IDE But i Do Not Know Which. Which Is Best And For Which Reasons. Can Someone Help. Tha...
[9 replies] Last: why not use both? (by Yanson)
by NGen
Binary Sort Performs Worse than std::sort

I'm trying out my own implementations of a few sorting algorithms/containers and am comparing perfor...
[9 replies] Last: I'm going to just chalk this up to cache misses, unless anyone's got a... (by NGen)
Help with do-while loop please

I'm building a program for school that is supposed to be kind of like a slot machine. Except it is s...
[2 replies] Last: ok. i ended up needing a well carefully placed }. thanks for looking a... (by FailureToLogic)
ncurses and line feed in multi line fields

Hello, not sure if someone can give me a hint how to solve/approach my problem: I'm currently ...
[no replies]
by Daleth
String literal with constexpr

I have a binary identifier which I tried to make a constexpr since all of its calculations would nev...
[4 replies] Last: Alright, thanks for the suggestions. On a side note, how come you don'... (by Daleth)
C++ ARRAY_SIZE() - why you still need a macro

Now, as I'm primarily a Visual C++ developer, I use the _countof() macro which is provided by the ...
[no replies]
Inheritance problem

Hi, I have an abstract base class - let's call it MyInterface - and a class that most classes in ...
[2 replies] Last: Your comment made me start thinking in a new direction, I've solved i... (by Andersson)
by naz
How many bytes will the pointer intPtr of type int move in the following statement? intPtr += 3 ;

How many bytes will the pointer intPtr of type int move in the following statement? intPtr += 3 ; ...
[2 replies] Last: 3*sizeof(int) bytes. So (b), (c) or (d) depending on machine. (by MiiNiPaa)
Runtime speed integer versus double

Dear fellow programmers, Is using integers faster than using floating points? Or more precise: wh...
[2 replies] Last: MiiNiPaa, Thanks for the reference! I posted my conclusions (and tha... (by Bilderbikkel)
C++ Files / End of Line

Hi, i have a question about files in c++. I need to do a program that reads a .txt file and store...
[2 replies] Last: The call to getline() is its own end-of-file condition: like most othe... (by Cubbi)
by naz
Choose the correct answer.

Consider the following code segment. What will the following code segment display? int main(){ ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/arrays/ (by Fransje)
by naz
Identify the errors in the following code segment and give the reason of errors.

main(){ int x = 10 const int *ptr = &x ; *ptr = 5 ; } main() { int x = 10; const int *ptr =...
[1 reply] : http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/06/c-constant-pointers/ (by Fransje)
Building Bridges

**Problem:** There is a river that runs horizontally through an area. There are a set of cities abo...
[no replies]
Direct X is so hard

I have just gotten a book called programming 2d games by charles kelly(using c++) The book teaches...
[1 reply] : You must understand the DirectX interface and the API functions associ... (by Nexius)
Thank you for all the help so far. Any ideas on this?

This is what I have to do: In most companies the amount of vacation you receive depends on the nu...
[3 replies] Last: Hi dragonscrapper; i modifeid your code since it has alot of syntax an... (by Zaki Al Qudah)
Passing 2d array to pointer in C++

Kindly remove one error. #include <iostream> using namespace std; void insert_values(char **p...
[4 replies] Last: In the code above the row and col are the wrong way round on line 18. ... (by andywestken)
ifstrem bytes buffer

I need to read whole binary file and pass bytes buffer to third party function. Currently i am fill...
[3 replies] Last: PS: looked at the execution of ifstream::read() for a large binary fil... (by Cubbi)
by ReVolt
C++ threads

hi, I've downloaded tinithread++ for c++ and i can't see option to pass data to function while creat...
[4 replies] Last: thanks, it's quite new to me so i did not know :) (by ReVolt)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 47
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.