General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 6)

by JDOdle
String Termination Using The getline Function

HI, I came across a strange problem while writing a program using the getline function. I understand that when using the getline function an input string will t...
[2 replies] Last: wow I cant believe i didn't catch that thanks. i is a counter variable... (by JDOdle)
One dimensional array

I have to use one dimensional array as 2d matrix of some values. The problem is that i need to check if given index is out of bounds on the right side (column)...
[12 replies] Last: Thank you all. (by morando)
by CroCo
std & the performance?

I've taken a c++ course and the teacher hates using of using namespace std; My question is Dose is have an effect on the performance? I mean using namespace ma...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=CroCo]" My question is Dose is have an effect on the performanc... (by closed account zb0S216C)
writing into a file

I want to write a program in cpp which will create a file and write some classes into it so that whenever i will execute that program i will have the auto gener...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ (by MiiNiPaa)
making dll of an exe project

i have project that is on c++. it runs fine. i want to use it in my C# application as a dll. i have created its dll and but firing exception of "interprocess co...
[1 reply] : is this a doable task that creating dll of an exe project and using i... (by andywestken)
Recursive Palindrome Test with MergeSorting

Hey guys, I'm new here (although I've been lurking through the threads for help the last year or so.) I need help with some of my homework for class and I've go...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah the merge sort is part of the assignment requirements. I actually... (by BradleyHeat)
Need help.

I recently switched compilers to a more up to date one (Orwell Dev-C++), and the following code no longer works, can you please help give me the code that works...
[3 replies] Last: #include <limits> (by cire)
turboc.h for mac

Hi this is not actually programming question but i want to use the turboc.h header file in my mac os-x turboc.h includes such as conio.h and windows.h ...
[1 reply] : You can't. You need to find equivalent functionality through another s... (by Zaita)
Shadow Mapping using DirectX

Hi I have a problem with implementing Shadow Mapping into a project I am working on. I am very much new to shaders and I have been given a Shadow Mapping sha...
[2 replies] Last: And the shader itself //////////////////////////////////////////... (by phantompig)
string issues

trying to use fgets to read in a string, but keep getting a "no conversion function from std::string to char" error.
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by frankalamo5)
Global Objects

Are global objects constructed in a program before everything else? For example this code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { ...
[7 replies] Last: Woops lol, I meant never mind, but thanks! (by Anmol444)
rounded to the nearest

let say 10.2 10.345 10.23 ------ sum sum/3 = ave i want ave looks like nearest round so it has to be 10.3 and ! what if i want to fardest...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <algorithm> #include <... (by MiiNiPaa)
I need help about "cat"

I asked by someone to change linux's program "cat" to change result of "cat A B" to be "cat B A" http://pastebin.com/VtmXueEq Can anyone fixed this and...
[6 replies] Last: May you forgot one '}' and it's work!! Thanks you again (by catanian)
where is the path for header files for mac xcode?

I want to include turboc.h file for some project where do i have to add this file for mac xcode?
[1 reply] : where is the path for header files Usually you can specify search pa... (by MiiNiPaa)
by zxrp
Need help with decimals.

Hi guys, I'm trying to write a program that takes the Voltage, and Current as input, and then generates the Resistance. According to my task both inputs HAS to...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, I misunderstood the task slightly, the inputs has to be dou... (by zxrp)
How do you add an option to c++?

I just started on a project on c++ and I was wondering if it is possible to add a select option (where the c++ program requires the user to select an option) . ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by closed account ETA4izwU)
Mugen Story Mode

Please help me i want to make a mugenstorymode for mugen check my youtube channel for sone of my work Zeke Arechi http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC468Hn1fPFy7...
[2 replies] Last: what do you mean by? I am confused? (by yellowflash47)
Dynamically changing a property of a class in C++

Working on a console application and I am trying to figure out a way that allows users to enter an object property along with a value. For example class Box{ ...
[1 reply] : map<string, int*> ? propMap["height"] = &ab.height; Or can use map... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Medino
Equation problem?

I'm trying to write a program that will ask you witch answer do you want to be written (outputed), x or y? Sadly I don't have enough skill to solve this, can an...
[2 replies] Last: That would be the more precise answer, but i don't think that would be... (by Medino)
How do you make a basic c++ GUI from scratch without using any programs?

Hello, i am new to c++ and I have learned the basics you need to know about c++ so I was wondering, how do you make a GUI from scratch without using any program...
[6 replies] Last: > Could you give me a code for an example? The example would depend o... (by JLBorges)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 47
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.