General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 3)

what to learn to be more useful

What math's/field should I learn to be a more useful programmer?
[2 replies] Last: If you're going to be just doing business programs however, not much ... (by admkrk)
get two objects to update at the same time

Hello, I am doing a remake of the classic game: Frogger. Currently, I have the world set up, the frog moves about in the world how I want it to, but I cannot ge...
[16 replies] Last: Loop through the objects of log reading the row and columns and compa... (by Codermik)
Running a same code with different inputs on multiple CPUs

Hi. I have a C++ code reading large data from an input txt file, doing some calculation on the data, and writing the result of calculation in another txt file. ...
[4 replies] Last: Most operating systems won't know to dedicate entire cores to specific... (by Computergeek01)
C++ Standard and Format Specifiers

Where in the ISO C++ standards are the format specifiers defined? Is there a reference to the ISO C standards for them?
[1 reply] : Yes, ISO C++ defers to ISO C in 27.9.2[c.files], and ISO C describes t... (by Cubbi)
call by reference

Hi All, Can anyone tell me the difference of these 2 types of function: case1: int& abc(int a, int b, int c, int& result){ result = a + b + c; ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. (by KennyBeginner)
Soduko Game Implementation

Hello buddies! I have a crazy request! I'll appreciate if you help me. I want to have some implementation of Sudoku game Generator with some kind of data struct...
[4 replies] Last: http://zhangroup.aporc.org/images/files/Paper_3485.pdf You would be in... (by MiiNiPaa)
Access violation reading location 0xFEEEFEEE

I'm trying to make it possible to have a 2 dimensional linked list with syntax like with vectors: List<List<std::string>> words(5, List<std::string>(5, "Hel...
[18 replies] Last: Thanks so much for sticking with me for over 5 hours MiiNiPaa . I've ... (by GaiusBaltar)
Simple code making monitor go on and off

This is an auto clicker I made but for some weird reason it makes my monitor go on and off. #include <iostream> #include <Windows.h> using namespace s...
[6 replies] Last: Alright, you guys are a big help ^_^ (by hiei2071)
Hash Question??

Does anyone know how to approach this? Not very clear on how hashing works.. Dont have to give me the answer just explain the process. Insert the following ...
[2 replies] Last: Linear probing is a hashing method where at first you calculate the ha... (by Smac89)
by jakker
Switch statement without writing each case

Hi I was just wondering if a switch statement can work without writing each case, for instance: { int age; age=18; while (age!=0) { cout<<"Enter ag...
[7 replies] Last: That makes perfectly sense, thank you. This is really helpful (by jakker)
Number parsing ideas (from FORTRAN)

I need to read in a lot (~225k) numbers formatted the following way: 1.2340000000000000D+03. I'd like to read in the number, and re-format it into either scient...
[7 replies] Last: You could just use atof() instead of sscanf(). Way safer and faster. (by MiiNiPaa)
by KTrack
need help or i'm screwed

Can someone please help me out here. i'v got an assignment to finish up on C++ and it just doesnt run properly. its a care hiring program that asks for details ...
[2 replies] Last: I would hazard a guess and say the newline is being left in the strea... (by Codermik)
Turning a # symbol into an ascii symbol

Im programming a roguelike game using visual c++ Microsoft express 2010 and i made a multidimensional array for my first map. I have the walls as # and was wond...
[5 replies] Last: For colours, this post will help you. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum... (by Codermik)
Help With Counting Occurance with Arrays

I need help on counting the occurrence of a number in my program. Here's My Code: void sort(int num , int& count) { //cout << " Using Sort!"; for(...
[3 replies] Last: void sort(int num , int& count) should be void sort(int num , int c... (by fcantoro)
Messed up files...

Basically, I am trying to make a personal diary in which there are three profiles: 1.Admin 2.User 3.New User The program reads and writes the administrator p...
[9 replies] Last: Okay so I made a character array for the id as well. And know this t... (by abeginner23235616)
Soundfont missing Index Generators?

What happens when a SoundFont (.SF2 file) has presets or instruments (linked to presets) with missing Index Generators? Is the file invalid? Do the Index Genera...
[no replies]
Banking Classes

l
[6 replies] Last: Yes. It replaces lines 22-30. 'string number' was not on list, but ba... (by keskiverto)
EMERGENCY HELP WITH SOME EXERCISES PLEASE ANYBODY WHO CAN HELP AND KNOWS THEM?

Question 1 Define a class Products that contains the following information: -Declaration of private member variables: soft_drinks,fruits and water(all...
[11 replies] Last: Yeah I usually help everyone whenever I get a chance, but if anyone wa... (by Pindrought)
Sorting arrays in ascending order

// OK this program outputs an array of numbers which are read from two .txt //files which are set1 and set2. // set1.txt has: 8 37 29 31 40 25 18 38 4 45 34 ...
[2 replies] Last: Sweet man thanks! Appreciate it! (by mistersl56)
May 2014 Pages: 12345... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.