General C++ Programming - May 2015

Simple Code Issue

What is wrong with the way I input the code? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { //variables cons...
[7 replies] Last: thanks so much (by mjamesball9)
binary search tree implementation

I've been practicing binary search trees and for the insert function I did this. I keep reading about recursion with trees but I don't really understand it. So...
[5 replies] Last: How else should I do this? void Btree::insert(Node & topNode ,int... (by cppnoob25)
write programming from algorithm

initialize t(e|d) uniformly do until convergence set count(e|d) to 0 for all e,d set total(d) to 0 for all d for all sentence pairs {e_s,d_s} set total_s...
[2 replies] Last: this is not a homework site. Attempt it yourself and then ask some spe... (by mutexe)
Can someone explain to me how to use std::map?

I am having a hard time completely understanding the concept behind std::map. From what i understand so far, std::map is a container (similar to an array/ve...
[7 replies] Last: You could use a loop to add unpredictable values? First 10 of 1000 v... (by andywestken)
Having problems!!!!error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void

// Program Name: Class Development // Programmer: Alicia Long //CIS247C: Week 4 lab //Program Description: Provide a description of the program #include ...
[3 replies] Last: You're passing a string to a function (Employee::setDependents) that e... (by shadowmouse)
by Vangy
Some questions

Hello, i want to ask you some questions. Where can i code something with c++ ? i mean, practical usage, for learning. Something like plugins for games (for ...
[18 replies] Last: Yes, it makes it a heck lot easier. Have you ever seen winapi? They tr... (by TheHardew)
How can I resolve this matter with the same order of classes?

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class A; class B; class A{ public: A(): b(5){ temp=2; } int get_temp(){ return temp; } private: int ...
[6 replies] Last: @shadowmouse @andywestken That was simply what I was taught. I may b... (by rlc4)
by jakeey
Reading csv to string array c++

Ive seen a few questions that were similar to this but they didnt answer my question properly. I need to create a function that reads both number, characters an...
[no replies]
by hav206
c++ overloaded operator for >>

I am trying to implement the overloaded operator for output << i have a function to print out preorder recursion like this template <typename T> void BST<...
[2 replies] Last: thank you jlborges. it works (by hav206)
by rlc4
Some advice on starting a game engine?

So before I get a bunch of posts saying "Just start off with using an already existing engine," let me explain something: I am in no way a beginner programmer....
[2 replies] Last: Yes. Because that helps a lot >.< I do know to think of it in that wa... (by rlc4)
Console Tetris - Collision detection issue

First of this is a homework assignment, so I'm not looking for any solutions just for some assistance to point me in the right direction. I've look at a couple ...
[2 replies] Last: >player input or timer moves the block at the direction >check all th... (by poteto)
i get problem at this progress

i have worked at it for like a week,and this almos kiled me ,and i still can't work it out. i need some help at this,if u help me worked out i can pay u 20 euro...
[3 replies] Last: Some words of advice: Run/Debug your program every single time you get... (by rlc4)
Audio output

So, the NES(Nintendo entertainment system) would output audio through five channels. These channels had their own wave form and the composers would use this for...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks. (by RealGiganitris)
by sheida
please help to over load [ ]....

Hello...I want to make a limit for [ ] by overloading it...but it does not work...#include #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; class ...
[1 reply] : Please use the code tags when submitting your code. You find them in ... (by koothkeeper)
Make a class template to hold objects

Hi. I want to make a class template and then make a simple object which will be stored in the template class..this is my code #include <iostream> #includ...
[3 replies] Last: thanks, it seems to work now. :) (by csstudent123)
by Winsu
create a constructo with two bool arrays...

Hello everyone.. I'm trying to code a constructor from a class with two byte(arrays), and It's not working at all...I leave my code right here... cla...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, but It is going to take long until I get everythig...I ha... (by Winsu)
Checking for duplicates in a txt file?

Here is my task: Your task is to write a program that reads a file and prints all lines that contain a repeated word (such as an accidental “the the”), toge...
[11 replies] Last: Any improvements you can suggest? Well... bool hasDuplicates(cons... (by andywestken)
by mic216
HELP - template error

hi all, i get this error in my code: "error C2678: binary '-' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const CSet<CDate>' (or there is no ac...
[2 replies] Last: hi there, thanks for the reply. i have tried that. the error message ... (by mic216)
by Oigo
How do you loop numbers around for calendar?

I have been working on this program for hours and cannot find out how to make the numbers loop around after they hit saturday. They either go way passed it to...
[1 reply] : Don't post twice for same problem (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by Erland
Knight's Tour Backtrack

Can you help me with this? This code keep running for more than one hour. Though if I change the base case to s == 64 it work but not for all possible coordinat...
[1 reply] : A brute force algorithm is going to take a very, very long time to sol... (by cire)
May 2015 Pages: 123... 22
  Archived months: [apr2015] [jun2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.