General C++ Programming - May 2019 (Page 4)

user number display

Trying to make a user loop on which for when the user either enters (1 for attack or 2 for heal) on which it then activates the random number generator and disp...
[1 reply] : I'll try and point out a few of the problems using ///, and then mak... (by tipaye)
by a10e29
Malfunctioning Overload/ Calling Private Function

hi, To me it looks like I'm calling a private function. Am I actually doing that? class Movement { public: void populatePossibleMoves(int actionsAvailable); ...
[7 replies] Last: I must be going crazy. I found the problem, it was between the screen ... (by a10e29)
Nested if, Need Help!

Guys I want to make a program that tells whether your are adult, teenager, kid or old. my table is like kid 1-12 Teen 13-19 adult 20-40 old 40-~~~ ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much guys. I wanted to make it in nested if. My code wa... (by danishdanish)
Functions

Questions: ------------- 1. void fillEmployees (string names , int salaries , int N) that asks the user to input the names and salaries of the N employees a...
[2 replies] Last: You cannot define a function inside a function. Thus move printAllEm... (by coder777)
by stav
Why do i have to std::move an rvalue reference?

Hi I was coding today and tried to do the following: (constructor for my 'Socket' class, 'Socket' has a, std::unique_ptr<Platform> m_platform, member variable)...
[3 replies] Last: I understand std::move just turns an lvalue into an rvalue referenc... (by mbozzi)
Client handling event ActiveX without MFC

Hi, I need develop code in C++ that hook events activeX, where have file extension ".tlb". Could help me? Thanks,
[no replies]
Writing a class for a timer with GetTickCount to time between two lines of code.

Hi guys! I'm new to posting, and new to programming, so I apologise beforehand! I have a number of things to do. I'm trying to write a VERY simple class ...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <chrono> #include <ctime> #include <type... (by JLBorges)
by elsa
Enqueue and Dequeue functions not working in C++ menu

Program is supposed to enqueue doubles into a maximum array size of 6. However, it is not stopping at 5 intakes and also will not dequeue properly. It will simp...
[3 replies] Last: Do add std::cout statements to observe what your code does while it wo... (by Enoizat)
Void list? C++

I am not asking anybody to help write the code but for the project i am trying to do i have a simple animal menu, where the user enters in a number and it displ...
[4 replies] Last: ...which is nice, but does not satisfy the homework instructions given... (by Duthomhas)
Write a string that enter a name of a company

Please can anyone help I'm trying to write this code but I don't understand which is the length and how to let it type only my written names #include<iostream>...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your help that is what I wanted, I didn't know how many ... (by closed account G6ko1hU5)
by montra
check status of DisplaySwitch.exe

Hi I want to programming check DisplaySwitch.exe status . you know DispalySwitch have 4 status (internal or pc only - extend - Duplicate - second screen only)...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you dear Duthomhas thank you : 1. You have solved many of my pr... (by montra)
by elsa
Can't determine if countNodes() function is operable since retrieve() function doesn't seem to work

BST.h #pragma once #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; class BST { private: int id; BST* left; BST* right; BST* tree; int value;...
[4 replies] Last: Line 150 in countNodes() isn't indented property. It looks like it's w... (by dhayden)
Reading in File and setting variables

I'm trying to write a function read_fish that reads in a file and sets a few private class variables according to the values found in the file. Here is a more d...
[1 reply] : std::string s; input >> s; if (s == "fish"){ //process the fish ... (by ne555)
Help Me! " expected primary expression before public " Cant fix it and need someone to fix it for me.

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class schools { public: void stfatima(){ cout << " st fatimai s shiut" << endl; public: voi...
[4 replies] Last: ye and also it worked now. After I did all you described it made the e... (by masternono)
Is this programmer incorrect?

I noticed a programmer give this example const char *activities = { "Diving", "Lapping", "Cannonballing", "Butterfly kicking", "Paddlin...
[13 replies] Last: Good compilers generate a warning. Some compilers will just say UB ... (by Duthomhas)
by Ryan15
Providing error message for Number Guessing project

I'm trying to provide an error message if the user input a character/string, but I'm not sure how to do so. #include "pch.h" #include <iostream> usi...
[1 reply] : Like so if ( cin >> Input ) { if (Input > Num1) { co... (by salem c)
Access violation

Greetings fellow coders, I'm dabbling in C++ and while trying to solve this SudokuChecker problem (https://code.google.com/codejam/contest/2929486/dashboard), ...
[2 replies] Last: Hey dhayden, Nice catch! I changed it here and along with parsing for... (by Hastermain)
C++ data structures

Problem Statement: You have to implement a List Data Structure of student profile information records by using Array in C++ language. In which you have to cr...
[3 replies] Last: Start with the data. Write the declarations for struct StudentProfile... (by dhayden)
How do I make GetAsyncKeyState detect if Caps Lock is toggled?

So i am trying to make a program that holds down right-click when Caps Lock is on and doesnt click when it is off. Currently I have my if statement saying: if ...
[1 reply] : Aren't you supposed to test the most significant bit? if (GetAsyncK... (by dutch)
by montra
Count specific process name

Hi I want to count specific title in process . for example when I run twice calc.exe in my system and then run my c++ program I show calc.exe (or specific fi...
[6 replies] Last: While the following link is about enumerating windows , the way to en... (by Duthomhas)
May 2019 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [apr2019] [jun2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.