General C++ Programming - November 2012 (Page 8)

Comparing custom object with NULL

Hi! I have a custom object ( GameScreen ) that I want to compare with NULL value Component GameScreen* parent; void Component::setParent(GameScreen *g...
[2 replies] Last: Jajajaja, sorry this stupid mistake. (by ShotoReapre)
Basic vector of pointers question

Hey all, My knowledge of pointers is admittedly quite poor, and I am sure I am missing something very basic, but after looking at it for several hours I stil...
[6 replies] Last: FWIW, I've just built and run the code, and get the similar results to... (by MikeyBoy)
Tic Tac Toe

For this problem you will use the C++ code you wrote in Lab 6 and implement a program that plays the game of tic-tac-toe against a human opponent. In addition t...
[no replies]
MYSQL access + POSIX Threads

Hi all, I've succesfully implemented a MYSQL access using mysql.h. I'm only doing SQL INSERT kind-of queries and they are being inserted nicely in the MYSQL ...
[no replies]
BlackJack

1) Modify the DeckOfCards class from lab 8 to use the C++ built in functions rand() and srand(). Put the class definition in a file called DeckOfCards.h and the...
[no replies]
CDECL as visual tool

I saw an article showing command line use of cdecl where the results were given like a help file. i.e; "cdecl int *(char b) and the output explained what wa...
[6 replies] Last: You ought to be able to build it in cygwin on Windows. (by kbw)
getline with 3 params

Getting an error when using three parameters with getline(). the first is my text file, second is city in table from struc, and third is the delimeter. ...
[no replies]
by matjey
OpenCVReprojectImageToPointCloud

hi... i need some one to guide me step by step to run this code i've been trying to run this weeks ago but i can't i am new to c++ this is the code #in...
[no replies]
by Pat
I/O files: reading, manipulating & outputting data

I wish to input (read) the contents of the file called "numbers.dat" (that appears at the bottom of this writeup) into the file (sum.dat) following immediat...
[1 reply] : Please could you edit your post, and enclose your code in code tags? ... (by MikeyBoy)
by cech
Counting characters without spaces

Hey guys I have made one program but I need to make it how to calculate whole the characters without the spaces // #include <iostream> #include <string> ...
[5 replies] Last: my code is a function, use it like that: // #include <iostream> #inc... (by MiiNiPaa)
by sanyam
use of colon and jump

I came across this piece of code. I don't get how the second definition of function a works int a(int x, int y) { foobar(x, y); b:u = a:x + 1; ...
[1 reply] : The first code is not C or C++. I guess that function-name : var... (by Peter87)
How to position the ... cursor?

Hello! I have problem in my console app. For example I want to draw a calculator and then the user enter his numbers in a square in that cal. so I need to tak...
[6 replies] Last: No problem mate. You can write me PM's whenever you need help. ~ Raul... (by jumper007)
Use of "this". Advice?

I'm better at Java and Objective-C than CPP, so I don't feel completely sure about whether this usage is good or bad. I ran into a CPP project in which the ...
[4 replies] Last: Somewhat related point: you should use initializer lists where possibl... (by jaded7)
please i need help

I want to Browses for all files ,folder and sub folder in hard disks #include <errno.h> #include <dirent.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> in...
[1 reply] : I want to output folder and files inside folder (by mohamed ali)
does not fetch the information from the database

Hi, i'm doing this proC project about purchasing. i've been stuck on this coding for about a week.Can anyone help me? int main() { EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE ...
[3 replies] Last: a have never heard about proC. Mind to provide a link? (by coder777)
by Kuuler
upcoming date function

hi! i need some help with the date stuff. i'm working on a library system, and i need both current date (date of the loan) and the date 4 weeks from now (tha...
[2 replies] Last: awesome :) thanks a lot m8! (by Kuuler)
Is this method of protecting shared data reasonable?

I'm re-factoring a program I started when I was much less experienced. I used a simple method to "lock" some data which is shared between two threads; somethin...
[2 replies] Last: I just realized I should just use std::atomic <bool> . std::atom... (by htirwin)
by rossig
Execute a task every 12 hours

Hello everyone, I need to execute a function every 12 hours, the function is inside a C++ application. After reading some post/goolge, I think settimer and S...
[6 replies] Last: Use cron to start a script that knows how to run your steps. It's a s... (by kbw)
by Copy
Brand spankin new to C++

Okay, so recently it dawned upon me that I wanted to start programming. And I have almost no background in this kind of stuff at all. I took a quarter or Comput...
[5 replies] Last: @Aramil of Elixia Yes, I know what you are saying. I learnt by comp... (by TheIdeasMan)
Scientific random normal distribution

Hello, I would like to create a series of random normal distribution for statistical purpose. I tried with a basic method: http://www.cplusplus.com/refe...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks a lot cire for your precise explanation! I will check the detai... (by dekeenfrance)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 678910... 51
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.