General C++ Programming - November 2013 (Page 3)

How to cut off input when using getch??? If user repeatedly presses key it screws the game?

I am asking for input for a char by using the _getch() function. The thing is that when a key is pressed multiple times it screws the program because it exe...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks very much (by Tiger58)
Can C++ be used for server side programming?

I know this question must have been asked before, but the problem that I am facing is that I am using a library PoDoFo to parse PDF files. It seems that it is o...
[8 replies] Last: Running external commands from PHP is extremely simple, no particular ... (by modoran)
help..

this is code for a game in which one star moves with specified controle when it reach a specified point then msg come "you win".this is only one player i want t...
[no replies]
suck with game. please help.

ok here is my stuck I know how to read and write a file but i cant get the same letters on my data file to match my console and i cannot load up and display the...
[no replies]
by Damon
Using List to implement huge numbers

Im trying to implement a way to use really big numbers to be able to add, substract and multiply them with the class I made. for example: huge a = "4564646...
[13 replies] Last: Then you are behind in your class and you need to go talk with your pr... (by Duthomhas)
dynamic bitset

i want to assign number of bits by a variable in bitset ? how to do that? like bitset<4> foo; instead of 4 i want to use some variable and later on by user i...
[1 reply] : The STL bitset is not dynamic. It is a compile-time constant size.... (by Duthomhas)
by m1m6
how to add two numbers in my own datatype

hello i have made a new data type which named LongDouble it takes 16 byte to save the number the first bit for the sign the next 15 bit for the exponen...
[4 replies] Last: I know that The code you posted does not show that you know that. ... (by Duthomhas)
by srj
How to Change Clock Time

The system clock starts once the system is executed. But how can I update the clock value to certain other value? Let say, for example. If a=10, then, immediate...
[1 reply] : a = time(0); //Or whatever other time, in seconds. a = a + 10; ... (by Mats)
Need help with my C++ homework

I wrote this on notepad++ and I cannot get it to run on Dev++. The code is made up of a switch with three parts for a menu. The first two menu items compile at ...
[7 replies] Last: Please pay attention to where the values are coming from. You are pull... (by josh26757)
by y0xuz
Syntax

Hi all if i have class of Type T what would this line mean exactly? T t (); greetings, yoxus
[2 replies] Last: thx! (by y0xuz)
reading line by line c++

So I'm reading from .txt file: My first line looks like: 16 5 12 18 3 14 12 8 My second line looks like: 5 12 8 if (infile.is_open() && infile.good()) { stri...
[2 replies] Last: You should only put std::getline() in a while() loop when you don'... (by Catfish666)
Smallest Number

How to find the smallest number amoungest 4 numbers
[10 replies] Last: this way is correct and this process can be multithreaded. another way... (by vickoza)
Program that takes a Sum of Products and generates the Sum of Minterms

Have this homework assignment and I seriously don't even know where to begin. Any sort of help will be appreciated. Here is the assignment: Write a C/C++ ...
[3 replies] Last: Can use anything as long as it works. Ok. Then, what features of the... (by m4ster r0shi)
check

hi every one "I want to help me to know where is the error in my programming" Q: Write a C++ program that reads several marks. For each of these marks, ...
[5 replies] Last: now remove ( while loop ) thanks for all (by qayoomi)
Style Program-Error bringing it in

For some reason my string isn't working in my OpenFile function. I have put the whole program in just for reference but the error will be in there. #include...
[no replies]
variale array lenght help

hello, i want to ask for a number as an input during runtime and then create an 2-dimensional array of size as specified by user. i.e. if the user inputs 3, the...
[9 replies] Last: Okay, sorry, i am just habituated. . . Thanks Anyways. . . (by dncp4312)
ostream reference as a member function

I have a class called Point that has functions for getting and setting x, y, and z coords., distance, and midpoint. I need to write a function that prints the c...
[1 reply] : well, out does not have the get...() functions. Your Point class... (by coder777)
Need Help

there are foure lins of people at foure ticket shop a new customer comes how can i direct the new customer to the shortest line Programmatically sorry for bad e...
[2 replies] Last: You've already posted this question here: http://www.cplusplus.com/fo... (by ajh32)
Text justification

I need some guidance in this code,how can i start off with. As there is not much material on internet about this type of code so i need some help from you guys....
[1 reply] : In your implementation file: 1. Check if width is not between minimum ... (by ats15)
November 2013 Pages: 12345... 46
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.