General C++ Programming - November 2013 (Page 44)

pointers and standard output

In the below program: template <typename T, int nSize> // nSize is the expression parameter class Buffer { private: // The expression parameter cont...
[1 reply] : So why does this print what the actual char holds (in this case "Ten"... (by Catfish4)
Need Major Help!!! Beginner C++

I am trying to right a program where I consider a Employee with data: age (an integer), id (an integer), salary (a float). I want to cre...
[3 replies] Last: Because it is the end of the program and the console "disappears" in t... (by condor)
by yhu420
[SFML]Troubles with music

Hello everyone, First of all I have no idea if it's the right place to talk about SFML, but I know a lot of you guys use it, so just tell me if I should post t...
[2 replies] Last: Why do you create a pointer to the music object? In SFML that is not r... (by lockandstrike)
Error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function

I can't seem to figure out whats causing this error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function . Error is before line 14 in bubblesortrand functi...
[4 replies] Last: thnx (by kjeanfranc)
c++ programming

cout <<Word: " << word << endl; where word is a string: string word; so my program is outputting: Word: nature Word: food Word: cookie I need it to output: Wo...
[9 replies] Last: can you please tell me how it is not working? Show me the code? 'It d... (by giblit)
How to render MIDI output with .sf2 (SoundFont 2) files?

Anyone knows the steps performed in rendering MIDI output (to the MIDI I/O port) using .sf2 files? I've found the documentation giving information about the dif...
[no replies]
help with palidrome missing one step

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Enter a word to test if its a palidrome: "; string word; cin >> w...
[5 replies] Last: Or compare the first half of the string with the reverse of the second... (by JLBorges)
3*5 Rectangle

I am trying to create a rectangle with 3*5 dimension which would look like: ##### ##### ##### I wanted to use for, and do while loop for that programming. I...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate that. Have a wo... (by evan1991)
by gift81
An exchange: english lessons on lessons of the programming

Hi All! I am a software programmer and a teacher of programming in the past. I need to improve my english. So my propose is..you provide me english lessons I pr...
[3 replies] Last: ??? (by gift81)
by davex
Confused about pointer arrays, getting garbage.

I've been trying to get this working. After I pass the *table, the first index has the correct values, but if I index beyond 0, I get garbage. It works fine i...
[2 replies] Last: My reply is a bit late, but I decided to post it anyway. First of a... (by Catfish4)
First C++ Project

Okay so basically here is the outline of the project: ________________________________________________________________________________ You have been asked to w...
[1 reply] : I've been coding for hours based off the hints that our instructor t... (by rodiongork)
by tommyt
Troubles with random function

So for an assignment I am supposed to have a battle between a hero and creature and see who wins by generating random attacks and those attacks only work if the...
[1 reply] : First of all please use the code embeds, this is much easier to read y... (by yhu420)
Need help with a C++ stack program

Ok so basically what i have to do is prompt the user for 3 numbers and push them onto a stack (this is to be done in the input() function) i also need an evalu...
[12 replies] Last: It compiles just fine Oops, sorry, yes, you're right. I wasn't look... (by MikeyBoy)
Creating 3*5 rectangle

I am trying to create a rectangle with 3*5 dimension which would look like: ##### ##### ##### I wanted to use for, and do while loop for that programming. I...
[4 replies] Last: the code you have works, but you don't need the do while loop. your c... (by Yanson)
need help with program that prints out random numbers

output should look like this - so far i have this #include <iostream> #include <time.h> using namespace std; int main() { srand(t...
[3 replies] Last: thank you guys thats exactly what i was missing !!! one more question... (by mikeiscool)
by psully
ppm image flipping c++

I have been having trouble with my code to flip an image vertically in c++. My code as of now just gives me the exact copy of the image I started with. Any id...
[3 replies] Last: Using two dimensional array syntactic sugar and feeding the function t... (by cire)
Problem with C++ using classes

this is what I got so far: it's got some issues =( Not allowed to use: vectors, grids, the .h is pretty much fixed as is #ifndef BATTLESHIP_H_ #define BAT...
[6 replies] Last: The problem is that you are calling srand multiple times, resetting th... (by LB)
problems with string classes

i have both the testing program and the header file for a class. i need to write the class functions. here is the testing program [#include<iostream> #includ...
[no replies]
Rational Number using class

I complete this program, but the only thing is that it won't execute the program. Any idea what I did wrong???? edit- i found the problem, the other problem is...
[1 reply] : Can anyone help me? (by Adasuna)
Arrray confusion

You are given  an int variable  k , an int array  zipcodeList that has been declared  and initialized , an int variable  nZips that contains the nu...
[1 reply] : duplicates is a boolean. Why are you comparing an int to a bool? O.O ... (by Albatross)
November 2013 Pages: 1... 4243444546
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.