General C++ Programming - November 2013 (Page 45)

void function not calling

I've been trying to get my program to call void functions with an if statement, but when i run my program and try to call one of the functions "worst case, best...
[1 reply] : Lol i realized the calls had void infront (by kjeanfranc)
TiC tAc ToE game in C++

hi! i have made my very first game just last night. ^___^ it is a simple tic tac toe game that can be played by either 2 players or one against the computer. It...
[1 reply] : It is a random position ai. It doesn't know the best move. You could b... (by Pured)
Trying to make VS2010 compiler use C++11

In code::blocks I used the gnu compiler and set it in the build options to use the C++11 standard, in VS2010, it doesn't seem so simple. The real problem is tha...
[2 replies] Last: Another note, the latest C++ standard is generally enabled by default ... (by LB)
by Pured
Proper way to read .txt file?

Hey, I want to know the best way to read files. ifstream infile; int x; char y, *yy; string z; For each of the 4 variable types, what is the best w...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks JL. (by Pured)
Two Conditions For "if"

Hello. I am wondering if it is possible to have two conditions for an if statement. It would be some thing like: int a = 1 ; int b = 2 ; if (//a = 1 and b ...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks everyone! (by JasperBraun)
Pizza Cost

Write a program that uses a function to compute the cost of a pizza with given diameter and the number of toppings. Constant will be the cost per toppings and c...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks I will try and see how it goes. I am trying to find total cost ... (by evan1991)
by CroCo
Buffer problem in socket?

I implemented a class to send data over Internet by using winsock. The protocol is UDP. I want to sent the following entire line 0 -65.5107 -88.1142 0.999312 ...
[no replies]
Ch11 11.8 Case Study: A date class

So I am working on the date.h, date.cpp, and the main date project files and I just wanted to know using the 11.8 program code how can I add overloaded operator...
[no replies]
by Katt21
switch statement error

I am using a switch statement as a menu. If I enter a non-integer value as my choice, I expect the error message , "Invalid entry", to display but instead the o...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by Katt21)
by Juicej
Can You Help Me Please

I am still in college learning c++, java, php, sql and html. im from the caribbean home of little or no security professionals. so i've been recently given a ...
[no replies]
How to remove last arg in vardiadic template

Hi! I wonder if it is possible to remove the last argument in an argument pack? Below is an example on what I want to accomplish: template<template<int....
[8 replies] Last: Hey! I solved it, and here is the solution if you are interested: ... (by Viktor Jonsson)
Path

I want to make a launcher for my program but the installation folder is different from one computer to another so I need a function or something that shows the ...
[1 reply] : From http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1962/#msg7180 std::str... (by Duthomhas)
Using a textbox and other items between multiple forms

Hello, I am writing a program in Visual C++ 10 with 2 forms. In the first form I have a textbox and a button. The button opens the second form. In the...
[11 replies] Last: It worked. Thank you so much for all of your help. The only problem ... (by ComplexComponent453)
Saving moving objects

Hey there, I'm trying to serialize and deserialize objects, some static (that works) one moving (doesn't work). In the code you can see that the following int-...
[1 reply] : If you are referring to the moving circle, it is not a myDrawingObject... (by norm b)
how to properly iterate over a container

so i have a container called Source that is of type std::map<std::string, std::vector<std::string>> but when I try to print it with this function: void Le...
[6 replies] Last: Whooop forgot about std::distance. Though just note, as you mentioned... (by Disch)
hangman level easy medium and hard c++

question>> You must create a wordlist class that manages the list of words. it's up to you to figure out what goes in it. The length of a word will determi...
[5 replies] Last: #include "hangman.hpp" is header file and its not a problem... (by ian0001)
by JOzier
Repeat Character Array

I'm having a little trouble writing program that on remove all repeat characters and leave only the non repeated characters. This is want I have so far. Thank...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you cire it worked. (by JOzier)
hopefully pointing in the right direction

Hey Y'all, I just finished a homework assignment and was hoping to get another set of eyes to glance over it and make sure I did everything. I would really appr...
[1 reply] : create a pointer, initialize it to the beginning of the array data ... (by MikeyBoy)
Need HELP!!!! passing structure arrays to functions

Description: Use functions and structures to simulate storage in a warehouse */ #include <cstdlib> #include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<iomanip...
[2 replies] Last: I just found out that there's nothing wrong with the syntax you're usi... (by AeonFlux1212)
I need help with my Projects Knight fighting

I'm having trouble writing a main() It needs to include 1. ask 10 questions 2. create two knights 3. Have each knight display. 4. have the two knights jous...
[7 replies] Last: it gives me undefined did_you_hit() and get_stamina_required() did... (by MikeyBoy)
November 2013 Pages: 1... 43444546
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.