General C++ Programming - November 2017 (Page 12)

Test Input not working with CPP file

For an assignment the following test input is as follows: #include <cmath> const double EPS = 0.00001; int array = {1,5,7,4,2,6,3,9,8}; double result = ...
[no replies]
Compile Error- Need help with 2 file implement

**IT works correctly as one file in a C++ shell but when I separate it into the findMedian file and Main file I get the compile error. ** Here are the 2 file...
[2 replies] Last: Ahh was the same error. I thought I had excluded the file again when I... (by thehendrix)
by shamar
Help with structure c code

I'm a beginner and I need help with a C code to define a structure. I understand some of the basic concepts but I just have trouble conceptualizing and putting ...
[5 replies] Last: he is using c. Its gcc not g++ and the assignment text says 'in C'. ... (by jonnin)
Segmentation Fault with BST

I am a bit of a beginner with c++ but I was practicing with binary search trees and for some reason came across a segmentation fault when adding keys to the tre...
[2 replies] Last: Ah ha! thank you so much, I honestly don't think I would have ever cau... (by Rodr1697)
Help with math tutor 3 major issues left to solve.

hey guys I'm writing a math tutor program and i need it to 1.keep track of the number of correct scores as well as number tries and 2.i also want to have 5 ...
[no replies]
Compile Error- need help with multi. file implementation

Listed below are my four separate files that I'm using to compile my program. When I try and compile I get a long string of errors that look like this: /tmp...
[2 replies] Last: I would advice putting all definitions in the .cpp and the declaring a... (by TheLoneWolf)
by ayme
Uso de arrays como valor de un map

Buenas, la cosa es que quiero hacer un map donde el valor sea un array de structs y no se como narices modificar el valor del array. La cosa es que hago un map...
[3 replies] Last: I've reorganized your structs slightly. You can't put an array dimens... (by AbstractionAnon)
Cross Platform Mobile Development C++?

Hello I been trying to get started with mobile development. But having some issues with finding a good cross platform SDK. Well I did find this one from Mic...
[1 reply] : You stick to the C++ standard. However, this way you do not reach far ... (by shreyapandey)
by Xris
Looking for c++ programmers for game project

Hello my name is Xris, I am here developing a multi genre game on the unreal engine it's called "Project R". If you want to improve your programming skills in a...
[no replies]
reader/ writer problem using semaphores and test and set

Hello, I am working on a project.. I have a reader writer program I am writing but we are not allowed to use mutex only binary semaphore with test and set. I...
[no replies]
Need Help with Funciton to find Median- Using Array

Below is the code for the function to find the Median from an array. However, it is not working when there is an even number of numbers in the array. It works w...
[9 replies] Last: Great job. Glad I could help. (by knowclue)
Binary Search Tree with a Class?

I am trying to implement a Binary Search Tree from a template. I am trying to have the list sort an Employee object. The Employee class has two member variables...
[3 replies] Last: right, you need to be able to do to employee the same comparisons and ... (by jonnin)
Design of a parking lot. Anyy and all suggestions to improve design are welcome.

Hi ppl :), here is my design for simple parking lot, please put your valuable suggestions on how I could improve this design, pros and cons of this design. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks @coder777 for replying to all my queries.. :) (by kapil2905)
Question about negative tender in my output

wondering why at the end of my program the tender is showing negative... #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; void showMenu(); ...
[1 reply] : Please only post questions ONCE http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginn... (by Repeater)
list in class creation problem

#include <list> using namespace std; class node { float ang, dist; node* parent; list <node*> kids; // an n-way tree structure public : node() {}// const...
[5 replies] Last: Dynamic allocation. There is no trash collection, and therefore some... (by keskiverto)
by BJ19
I need help!!!

Assignment: 1. Create a vector (snow) that will hold integers which represent snowfall amounts for several months. 2. Place your name on the screen as the m...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks guys it is working now (by BJ19)
Incrementing and decrementing strings of letters

#include <bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; int main () { int n; string let; cin >> n; cin >> let; vector<char> v; for (int i = 0...
[5 replies] Last: Both of the site links work for me. (by Chervil)
Accessing information from an array

Hi there
[1 reply] : First, please use code tags and intuitive indentation, when posting co... (by keskiverto)
by dms99
Trouble with Arrays!!! PLEASE HELP

Imagine you had a travel scheme where by for every city you visited you had a mapping of what city you would travel to next. You are curious what is the longest...
[no replies]
NEED HELP! Substitution Cipher using arrays/loops/if statements

Hi there! Was given this assignment and I don't even know where to start. Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated! Write a C++ program to encrypt a text file ...
[no replies]
November 2017 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 16
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.