General C++ Programming - November 2017 (Page 7)

Double Buffering

I am trying to implement a class for Double Buffer. Ill also need 2 threads, 1 to generate samples, and the other to play them heres the project link https...
[5 replies] Last: ^^^^ This, so much this. I have used the thread 'hack' to do 2 *c... (by jonnin)
by stav
how the standard and run-time library works

I'm a bit confused about the differences between the standard and the run-time library in c (and c++) i get that the c definition defines a set of basic functi...
[5 replies] Last: So would it be correct to say that the standard library is, more or l... (by jlb)
If there a way to get the type of an object/variable at compile time?

I want to be able to do something like this: Type1 sum(int x, int y){ setType1(type of x+y); return x+y; } Is there a way to do this? Thanks...
[3 replies] Last: you can do it by hand with void* sum approach, but that is sort of a C... (by jonnin)
Convert C++ code to VB6

Hi friends I have a strange requirement, how do I convert a c++ program to vb6 ? any suggestions and comments are welcome.....
[2 replies] Last: You don't, is probably the answer. If it is more than a page or 2 ..... (by jonnin)
how to configure for DLL version

My goal is to link the three include files internally for the project and have the program reference them there. Its not working out as I predicted; I still hav...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, very thorough. (by technologist)
increasing value of each element in std::list<int> by some number

I need to increase the value of each element in a std::list<int> by 5. The code I have turns a list with int elements {0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9} to this: ...
[16 replies] Last: Okay, I almost have it all figured out except for insert() and the des... (by DragonOsman)
Need help with outputting in terminal

Hi! I was having trouble coming up with an algorithm for my program. I have a project for my comp sci class to make a game like D&D and was having trouble with ...
[1 reply] : ... while (std::getchar()) // reads a character from std::cin ... (by nuderobmonkey)
Eulers Problem - Double base palindrome

Hello guys, this program is supposed to work on Eulers Problem - double base palindromes. It is supposed to print both decimal and binary palindromes. I do not ...
[1 reply] : @cirise099 You will get a much better response if you put your code in... (by lastchance)
how to show details by name

how to show details by name
[1 reply] : 1. Create a collection of data objects that contain name and other det... (by keskiverto)
Formatting Ouput

I'm writing a display function that takes an array of record objects which contain a first name, last name, classification, age, zip code, hometown, and GPA. I'...
[1 reply] : having a difficult time getting the output aligned with the column he... (by Chervil)
help with vector

Hello all and thanks for the help ahead of time I'm in need of a little help. I need to edit the program below to only bring back the highest GPA with all the o...
[13 replies] Last: can you specify what you are saying as i cant understand sorry (by Shiro12)
Calculating CPU Utilization

Im not sure calculate the percentage of CPU utilization for cpu scheduling algorithms. I got the formula which is total service time of the processes / total ...
[5 replies] Last: its made up. I have no idea what you are actually doing. You need OS... (by jonnin)
Nth prime number calculation

I only just recently started learning C++ a few months ago. So i'm not sure how to go about this. In the function int prime(num)the num value should be returned...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, I really appreciate it. I'll learn how to use code tags the... (by Orberes)
Insert element in Modified compressed sparse row matrix

Hi everybody, i'm developing a Modified Compress Sparse Row Matrix Class (in C++) you can read here : http://www.iue.tuwien.ac.at/phd/wagner/node83.html a short...
[no replies]
semaphore mutex and a producer/consumer problem

my program is supposed to accept 4 numbers via initial arguments while running the code, ie %executablefile num1 num2 num3 num4 the code will then take the num...
[2 replies] Last: It's what is expected to be used by the assignment outline (by Roflbcopter)
brightness and color value of image

im looking to create a program that can save the brightness and color value of a picture pixel by pixel left to right going down the rows and save all the value...
[4 replies] Last: ah. I don't have a current suggestion. I used to use the jpeg librar... (by jonnin)
by Baluv3
BINARY FILE READ ERROR

I'm studying my higher secondary and I am working on this project for my final exams... I'm saving the details in a binary file after user enters their values. ...
[3 replies] Last: You're trying to serialize recipes - that is, to write them out comp... (by mbozzi)
This is Facebook's Liar Liar. Where should I go from here?

I've been stuck for a while now. I've gotten the input, I'm just having a problem with finding consistency. Here's what I've got so far: Thanks --------------...
[no replies]
need help

how can i be able make a program for these two statements 1 ask the user to enter two int values x and y 2 value returning function to add all the odd numbers b...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=mazan44]This not an answere to my question It is just link for ... (by MikeyBoy)
Overied virtual method not called

Hi I have a class with 2 functions with the same name, one virtual and one non virtual as class Foo { public: virtual const Token* next() const; // fu...
[3 replies] Last: ¿what about using sane function names? (by ne555)
November 2017 Pages: 1... 56789... 16
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.