General C++ Programming - November 2018

by stav
Multithreaded architecture

Hi I'm trying to create a multithreaded library that calculate mandelbrot sets i would like the api to look something like this: MandelBrotGenerator genr; st...
[2 replies] Last: If you really want to "create a multithreaded library that calculate m... (by Cubbi)
Conversion from array to vector

My issue today is working with this problem that I've been trying to pin down, and I've finally been able to find the issue. Simply put: I am trying to convert...
[9 replies] Last: IMO, in this game a "Tile" should probably describe each actual tile. ... (by jlb)
by dkaip
How to copy an image file into clipboard in windows without MSVS tools

Hello. I never have use MSVS tools, i just use C::B. I have a problem. I need to copy a bitmap to clipboard without MFC, because of tools that i use(C::B and...
[3 replies] Last: system("clip < filename"); //I have not tried this. It may only work... (by jonnin)
Calling a Function in a Loop

Hey, I've received a lot of great help recently and had another issue. My loop will not get past the first if statement and I have come to find that the x value...
[6 replies] Last: thanks a lot, ne555 sorry for the oblivious questions learning this st... (by oxGrEeKxo)
need info compiler generated member function

Hi, I read that for any empty class, compiler generates five member functions. 1. constructor, 2. Destructor, 3 copy c'tor, 4 assignment operator 5. referen...
[4 replies] Last: > any way , i can check code being generated by compiler by reading ob... (by JLBorges)
interested only.

Hi boys! Here I have digital gate. How would it be a Not Gate??
[5 replies] Last: ¿so a P2E has three inputs? @jonnin, ¿could you please use code tag... (by ne555)
Game physics are wrong(ball bouncing)

Hi guys, so apparently my math calculations must be way off,I am trying to create the physics for a ball bouncing each time it's dropped,the Y access in SDL ...
[2 replies] Last: > I know roughly each time a ball is bounced it's height will be appro... (by ne555)
SDL collision bounds problem

hey guys I seem to be having a problem with the bounds checking/collision detection in my game, when the ball is on the platform and collides with the left m...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks Jonnin :) yes the text is just for debugging I will have to re... (by adam2016)
Compound Interest Help Please!!

I am working on a program that uses a 2% monthly compounded interest on an initial investment with a monthly deposit, output how many months it will take to rea...
[3 replies] Last: The amount of money in the account after interest is applied is: ( am... (by Repeater)
Calling a Function

I can't seem to figure out my problem when calling my functions. When I try to call the function the program becomes unresponsive. I need to make it so that whe...
[8 replies] Last: unsigned int x; do { x = menu(); //other stuffs } while (x <6 ... (by jonnin)
by afleet
Flickering in Snake Game

I have created a snake game that works but I believe since I used the system("cls"); function it has to reload the game every second causing an extreme glitch. ...
[10 replies] Last: For Visual Studio #include <windows.h> void gotoxy(int x, int y) {... (by homy18)
by ayme
Don't know how to do the specification of the class

Hi, this is my first time in this forum and i have to make a program that reads songs of a dataset, i have done a class song (attributes are the same that the c...
[1 reply] : > i think i should use two maps one for each dataset i have(one reads ... (by salem c)
Need help creating functions .h file

I already have most of the code for this following program Write a program that loads bank balance information from a file and then allows transactions agains...
[4 replies] Last: 2.5) #include "functions.h" in both functions.cpp and your main file. (by doug4)
Converting Char to Double

Hello, I am doing a project and cannot seem to wrap my brain around how to get this to work. The problem I am facing is the text file created I create needs to...
[8 replies] Last: oh thanks that one helped a lot :) (by oxGrEeKxo)
undefined reference with codeblocks

hi guys, so there is no problem I am looking to solve as the problem has already been solved but just noticed a strange occurrence with the codeblocks ide,so...
[13 replies] Last: > here is the contents from the cbp file you had -lSDL2 -lSDL2main ... (by ne555)
Reading a file

Hi I have a problem. I'm trying to read a file and save each character in a vector. The problem is that my file is written in Spanis, then some original char...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, jonnin, for your help. char *locale = setlocale(LC_ALL, ""... (by dfortizc)
Troublesome task involving cin. functions.

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/74224/ This link above outlines the task but I'll recap it here: Must code a program that takes a full name as input a...
[1 reply] : each separated by a whitespace From this line, I am assuming that... (by Ganado)
Good Portable Game Framework/Engine for a semi-large 2D Game with C++?

I've been looking around for a good framework or engine to create 2D games with, and an open-world skill RPG with a large world. I had been using SFML for a bit...
[6 replies] Last: It's just a bunch of syntax errors. I can't give them right now becaus... (by Anoraki)
std::erase issue with WCHAR

Is there a way to ignore the first character, when using the command below? I just want to get rid of the "\" that is at the beginning of szLnk. int wmain(i...
[10 replies] Last: Whine, whine, whine. Whimper elsewhere, child. (by tpb)
How to create a container of functions?

Hi, I need a container of functions (like a vector for example). But each function may be different than the others although they all return the string type....
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the ideas!! (by JUAN DENT)
November 2018 Pages: 123... 12
  Archived months: [oct2018] [dec2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.