General C++ Programming - October 2012 (Page 44)

by mono
getting an exception

It says unhandled exception. acces vioation reading location #include <cstdlib> #include "node2.h" template <class Item> void sequence<Item>::attac...
[1 reply] : I know that the problem is insert_ptr->set_link(precursor->link()); ... (by mono)
st, nd, rd number suffixes in 'else if else'

I'm writing a program to read off floor numbers in a hotel among other things. I'm trying to write in code that outputs 'st' 'nd' & 'th' if the floor has the (1...
[3 replies] Last: Heh, genius. I like it. Great little snippet to have handy. (by xwielder)
Remove leading space in the line of a file

I have a file say A.txt that has this line of text "------10 spaces-------The big brown fox". It has to be C and not C++ I wrote this code (fgets (oneLine, LI...
[3 replies] Last: vlad from moscow, I run your code and it works. I am unfamiliar with ... (by mendozae)
Getline repeats the same line

I'm building a quick sanitizer to strip out unnecessary columns from CSV data before I port it to another piece of software. I'm getting good parsing of the str...
[1 reply] : Is cells passed to Toeknize by value or by reference? And why is cells... (by LB)
Call out to all the C++ GAME PROGRAMMERS!!

If there is any c++ game programmers (or any other game programming language programmers) I would like to ask you guys a question. How much math and physics do...
[2 replies] Last: Strong math skills are definitely something you want. The more advanc... (by slumpers)
This if statement works but I am confused as to how...can someone please explain how

I have an if/else if statement that doesn't work only until I change it to an if/else statement. The problem is on line 31 where h should increment 1 and ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. The confusion is....h should equal 102 when I pr... (by dtaqee88)
What is wrong with my code? "no match for 'operator>>' error.

Here is the error message I keep getting: p2.cpp: In function `void outputResults(std::ifstream&, int&, int&, std::string**)': p2.cpp:88: error: no match for ...
[5 replies] Last: Nevermind i figured it out the delcaration & definition are fine, when... (by Ilithiya)
Problem with my code....

i have written this code that I am having some problems with.. I can't figure out the error codes... Here is the code... [// Array.cpp : Defines the entry p...
[1 reply] : Hi ! Use code tags please XD Start from the top: error C3861: 'userSe... (by soranz)
Compiler outputs this message making it look like I need to add more "*". What is wrong?

Here is my error message: p2.cpp: In function `void outputResults(std::string&, int&, int&, std::string**)': p2.cpp:91: error: expected primary-expression b...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! That was right all i had to do was remove the inside the... (by Ilithiya)
by tnavid
What does mean?

Hello cplusplus guys,i saw these from a source code but i don't know what does mean, can someone explain me? struct tcpheader *tcp = (struct tcpheader *) (buf...
[3 replies] Last: thank u Stewbond & Cubbi. (by tnavid)
Pixel searching/ Input Emulation questions

I know of some complicated pixel searching methods but is there a pre-made windows pixel search function or a faster way then to search each pixel and mark down...
[no replies]
Binary to Base Ten Converter

This is what I have so far: //Binary to Base 10 converter #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { unsigned long int num; int factor = 1; in...
[6 replies] Last: @whitenite1 Thank you! That worked great! (by jonjanssen13)
Please help , urgent c++ question

Stop spamming the forum please. Peace.
[1 reply] : It's not that your program isn't working... it is. The only thing tha... (by Stewbond)
Too few template-parameter-lists

Hello there , I have been following some online tutorials and got this awesome code.However ,when I tried to implement it myself , I got some errors. //T...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks ..that fixed the problem. (by Raman009)
help in c++

how can i make this work . i want to enter the number Zero, but it is not working. i want to test if zero is positive or even and all. but when i enter 0 nothin...
[3 replies] Last: I guess the problem is with your switch-case int num; cout << "Ente... (by Raman009)
Square root help

Hi, (I am new here be gentle! I have looked here before and cannot find the help i need) I have this calculator that i have for my class, and i need to have a s...
[1 reply] : A few small issues first: 1) use <cmath> instead of <math.h> when wor... (by Stewbond)
Asking about some issues ?

Q1) Write complete C++ program that will read three integer values x, y and z from keyboard then compute the following expressions independently.? z = (2√...
[no replies]
Need some help with loop descriptions.

I've been trying to figure out what is going on within these two loops? Assuming all variables were of type int, can anyone describe what is happening? I ran ...
[no replies]
class with two std::string: memory allocation problem?

I have this class class Line { public: Line() {lineNum = 0;} ~Line() {}; long lineNum; std::string speaker; std::...
[9 replies] Last: It might. It might not. It depends on the format of the file, and in... (by maeriden)
by waddle
error when debugging

Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong with line 11 #include <iostream> #include <string> int main(void) { using std::cout; using std::cin; using ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks that worked (by waddle)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 4243444546... 50
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.