General C++ Programming - October 2012 (Page 45)

by meeram
Validating XML with XSD

Hi, I am new to C++ and I want to validate the xml based on the XML Schema in C++. Please suggest me some tools/libraries to achieve that.
[no replies]
Multiple definiton of a method

I got 2 class defined in a .h file, but in the .cpp file, the compiler is throwing a error, it say that I got a multiples definitions of the same method, why is...
[3 replies] Last: I did run this code...Maybee..... I just put SDL/SDL.h on csprite.h co... (by Nitros8891)
experienced programmers please

Hello senior members I would like to ask 1 question. I am good at c++ (basics).I have learned all basics,classes,pointers,file handing, etc etc. I have compl...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks guys for suggestions. Done data structures too.Linked lists,tre... (by bestjuicerbiz)
Trying to add numbers to the rows

As stated above, when I try to go beyond 9 the compiler complains and gives me a warning. Exactly how can I add the 10-15 without that warning? Part of my code ...
[1 reply] : Warning is not an error. So you can ignore a warning. By the way could... (by vlad from moscow)
A vector of things

I have this: template < typename T > struct foo { std::string name; T value;// can be string, color, rect... }; And now i need a vector of these f...
[10 replies] Last: That we can have a std::string as a non-static member variable of a ... (by JLBorges)
Segmentation fault in recursive binary search

Hello For one of my labs I am to create a quarter search(similar to binary search but split into quarters instead of halves). This is called recursively and w...
[5 replies] Last: Yes. Pay attention to what your compiler is tellling you about that f... (by cire)
by mono
.template?

Im implementing a template class. I created a tem.template class to implement it im using Microsoft visual c++ but all my code looks black no colors like when i...
[7 replies] Last: thank you (by mono)
Virtual memory is increasing to a great extent

I am running my application when i run the **TOP** command it is showing too much virtual memory Thu Oct 4 18:11:01 IST 2012 PID USER PR NI VIRT ...
[4 replies] Last: Like I said, you do have a memory leak. You need to find it and fix... (by kbw)
by zai92
add/push item to stack list error

ok this is from my main file (.cpp file) #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include <cctype> #include "AcctListStack.h" using name...
[5 replies] Last: Ø (by TheJJJunk)
by zai92
linked list stack error?

struct StackItem { string name; StackItem *next; }; typedef StackItem* nodePtr; class Stack { private: int numElements; nodePtr top; int cou...
[2 replies] Last: i was just supposed to do p->name = newItem->name; instead p->name = n... (by zai92)
what would be the correct syntax and how would i run this?

DWORD XShowMessageBoxUI( DWORD dwUserIndex, LPCWSTR wszTitle, LPCWSTR wszText, DWORD cButtons, LPCWSTR *pwszButtons, DWORD dwFocusButton, DWORD dwFlags, MESSAGE...
[1 reply] : Try moving this thread to the Windows Programming page. (by TheIdeasMan)
fprintf formatting

Hi, I currently have a variable, foo, which represents either a hexadecimal number 16 bits wide or 17 bits wide. So foo can either look something like 0x123...
[1 reply] : IIRC there's a * descriptor for that. I'm not sure exactly how it wor... (by Disch)
by mono
Inheritance??

Im implementing a template class my class is tem.h my implementation is tem.template but temp.h has include "node.h" that means that is being inherited...
[16 replies] Last: I guess I going to skip that and keep going, maybe after implementing ... (by mono)
Help with Turbo C++ 4.5

I have a C++ competition on 19 October where I'll have to probably work on Turbo C++ 4.5. It's an ancient compiler and is non-standard, so I don't know which fe...
[3 replies] Last: Please tell me that you are not talking about ACM-ICPC (by ne555)
Exponent Substitution

I have to write a program that will calculate the monthly payment based on a total balance, APR, and finance period all of which are user inputs. My teacher gav...
[4 replies] Last: I've done nothing as far as the math but here's what I've written. ... (by kcbrown1)
Array of structs

I'm trying to create a user-defined array using struct, create an array of contacts, and sort and search the array by both first and last name. Right now I'm tr...
[13 replies] Last: Hey thank you desago. I have just been feeling brain dead lately and a... (by wyildcard)
Help with assignment. ( class, array, members)

A corporation has six divisions, each responsible for sales to different geographic locations. Design a DivSales class that keeps sales data for a division, wi...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You for replying... yes i did the static float corpSales, but i... (by juliani91)
by loredo
help comparing file input using getline()

I'm don't fully understand how im supposed to compare the two different files, i got the program to read in the txt file and give an error if its not in the fol...
[9 replies] Last: ...and this is why I hate responding to threads like this... because ... (by Duthomhas)
Neep help for an assignment please

Hey I need some help please. I have this code, it works somewhat fine, when i compile in the terminal (mac), then it is supposed to print out 5 different ra...
[8 replies] Last: I run this code and do not see any problem. #include <iostream> #inc... (by vlad from moscow)
by leoo
Run functions under what?

I downloaded some source codes that I compiled, and when I run it nothing happends, just a regular cmd box appears and closes, I added int main into one .cpp fi...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, thanks, and I saw that my source files that I had downloaded had... (by leoo)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 4344454647... 50
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.