General C++ Programming - October 2012 (Page 48)

Need help!!!!! Please please please

Write a boolean function that accepts a positive integer parameter from the caller and returns true if the integer is a perfect square and false if not. Test th...
[1 reply] : Break large projects into smaller steps. I would suggest you start b... (by Disch)
cin.peek problem

Hi, say I am using stringstream to get three inputs in a line, and I want to check if the first two inputs are integer. (the last input can be anything). I ...
[1 reply] : I am not sure why you are trying to bend the usual rules for this one ... (by Duthomhas)
by vinu
Passing macros as arguments

I am need to pass #define macro as a definition. Is there a way to do it? have typed a sample code for an idea i am trying to achieve . I am not new to C++ b...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you.. (by vinu)
Dynamic memory used in function

Suppose I have the following code (I saw this kind on the Internet): class foo{ public: int m , n; foo(int x , int y){ m=x; n=y; } }; void...
[5 replies] Last: You could have checked this yourself by making a destructor that print... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
RSA implementation using GMP library in c

I'm implementing rsa encryption using GMP library in c. I get a seg fault on line 44 while trying to read from a file. Thanks for any help. #include<std...
[no replies]
Quick Question on Loop

If I have a Do, While statement. How do I make this repeat and output ten times? I know it is repeating until the condition is met, but how do I do this an add...
[4 replies] Last: How about if I ask this at the end? How to repeat the whole shabang? ... (by skittlesaddictx50v)
by edimel
c++ graphics.h

plss..help me.. Devise a c++ program to illustrate a scene or scenes using graphics, animations and/or sounds
[3 replies] Last: i haven't been very much into graphics and stuff, but sdl should be en... (by ritka)
Code that returns the sum of the series 1! +2! +n!

I'm having trouble with the code below. I'm supposed to write a function but I wanted to get the basics down first and I don't understand why my code below isn'...
[1 reply] : You must return 0 at the end of your int main() function. (by hackinghorn)
trouble with loops

I cannot get these loops to work correctly, I am a beginner. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advanced. #include <iostream> int main() { int...
[4 replies] Last: the program needs to store the name of the student and the quizzes the... (by hunterb24)
Memory Management

Hello, I have a general question about memory management. I know that one can create custom constructors and destructors for one's custom classes. I also kno...
[7 replies] Last: So am I to understand that once I delete this pointer the object which... (by vckngs7)
by ing
stuck with vector processing

Hi, I think I might had put too difficult question in beginners section, please have a look. Hope anybody can help me with that on, I'm stuck on it for over ...
[no replies]
Polymorphism issues with arm-none-eabi-g++/gcc

The following code runs great when compiled with Code Composer Studio(on a TI ARM chip) and avr-g++(on an Arduino chip), in that it writes the desired string ...
[no replies]
How come size of this class is 24b

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class base{ public: int i; }; class derived1 : virtual public base{ public: int j; }; class derive...
[5 replies] Last: Ah, that's not the best book in the world. In fact, it's a terrible bo... (by closed account zb0S216C)
calculate input text

Hi. How can I calculate some input text like below? "23*4-54/3" What sould I use? Recursion or Stack? What is ending condition? Thanks
[4 replies] Last: Yes I can do that. I can parse input and put its tokens in an array of... (by majidkamali1370)
Static and inheriting static variables. How does it work?

So I want each class to hold an image unique to that class. The system I have where class instances each load the image separately is inefficient. There's no re...
[4 replies] Last: > You still have the advantage of the static variable in that you are ... (by JLBorges)
by vrakas
Long long in array

I just have this question: I friend old me once that i would have problems later if i stored long long integers in an array. This is false right?
[2 replies] Last: long long is a C/C++ fundamental type. So I did not see any problem ex... (by vlad from moscow)
triangle classification help plz

Hi everybody, I'm just looking for some help as I have seem to of hit a brick wall :(. Here are my instructions for my program. "You are to write a C++ program ...
[2 replies] Last: I don't know how to add into the script that I have written now to ad... (by Chervil)
by beymey
LUA script to C++ code

Hi how can i convert this into c++ code function Click(sender) start=readInteger("fixedmain.exe+C7CF90")+0x40814 for i=0,0x3ffff,4 do writeBytes(s...
[no replies]
Doubly linked list using dummy node.

HI all, I am creating a doubly circular linked list using dummy node. I have a variable "anchor" of type class, which I have to use in dummy node. Following...
[6 replies] Last: That's just a convention, using a `circular' list will prevent invalid... (by ne555)
C++ data structure for text editor

Hi, I am writing a c++ implementation for text editor for the below operatios 1) create an empty text 2) insert a line before the particular line no 3) ...
[no replies]
October 2012 Pages: 1... 4647484950
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.