General C++ Programming - October 2012 (Page 5)

makefile question?

I'm doing a project and using different assignments. For one assignment I made a makefile. Now I'm doing another assignment that has to do with adding to the ...
[2 replies] Last: here is an example of a generic makefile that will make almost anythin... (by closed account iw0XoG1T)
An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in classdenemesi.exe

what can be the reason i got this error?
[3 replies] Last: You can use a proper container such as a vector, or you can stick with... (by Moschops)
copying files

I'm doing a project and I need to use two files Random.h and Random.cpp Those two files are in my a05 directory but for this project I'm working in my a10 dire...
[1 reply] : Just copy paste them, then "Add file to active project" or whatever in... (by S7krs)
C++ Exercises with Answers

I just want to share this site http://teamcplusplus.blogspot.com/ the site contains sample exercises about C++ (answers are included) this is a good pr...
[1 reply] : anyone who are interested..just visit this blog..thank you :P (by raymundpogi)
Any help?

I'm doing a project and one of the assignments includes adding to another. I had to add two variables to my Weapons class. Here's what I have for my Weapon.h...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry, I forgot which board I was posting on. I just don't know what... (by helios)
Make File

How can I retrieve a line of data or write a line of data from this file - MyText.txt - Retrieve Your Booking (You are Sally) - Book Appointment --Name -...
[1 reply] : Use fstream: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iostream/fstream/ (by coder777)
About Array C++

e
[2 replies] Last: I was going to say what the ideasman said. And also what is true? wh... (by DarthBane)
bool help

I'm trying to make a function to check if a Random number is less than or equal too another number (called hit_chance) 20 bool Weapon::did_you_hit(void) ...
[1 reply] : Variable Random is not declared, did you mean this? bool Weapon::di... (by TheIdeasMan)
How to use SORT() function on class variable

Hello everyone, i needed to sort really large number of class objects on the basis of their one variable. And i am willing to use inbuilt sort(...) algorithm fr...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry no offense, i just said that i am too stupid to understand and u... (by unkn00wn)
help ASAP, why am I getting this error?

I'm doing a part to a project where I'm making a weapon class and a test program. The weapon class has to have three private data members: two integers (hit_cha...
[2 replies] Last: Paste here the makefile. (by UldisK)
help with simple program

I'm doing a part to a project where I'm making a weapon class and a test program. The weapon class has to have three private data members: two integers (hit_cha...
[5 replies] Last: Honestly i have no idea why you are getting that I just compiled and r... (by Angeljruiz)
by dovip
Exercise 4.1.1 (Without fear)

Write a program that defines and tests a factorial function. The factorial of a number is the product of all whole numbers from 1 to N. For example, the factori...
[5 replies] Last: Oh I understand now. Thank you guys. (by dovip)
Simple C++ problem

Hello, I'm practically pulling my hair out because I cant figure this out. My program just won't run the way I intend it to. Oh and before you ask; I know writi...
[2 replies] Last: It would probably be cleaner to just check if if startSet is true afte... (by Gulshan Singh)
SALES BAR CHART C++

Write a program that asks the user to enter today's sales for five stores. The program should then display a bar graph comparing each store's sales. Create ea...
[3 replies] Last: Then you would need an array, to hold the 5 stores sales figures first... (by whitenite1)
Reposted: Is there a better algorithm to solve this problem? (1,2)

This is the problem i am trying to solve: (link: http://opc.iarcs.org.in/index.php/problems/BOOKLIST ) This is another problem about Indraneel's library. His...
[32 replies] Last: @ne555 Yes I understood why!! Its because the array test isnt sorted.... (by meteora)
instantiating with/without parentheses

instantiating an object by calling it's default constructor such as with foo() seems to do something different than instantiating without the parentheses. can a...
[8 replies] Last: why is that useful, since we can just forward declare in global space? (by caibbor)
Any recommendation for an XML parser library

If you have had any experience parsing XML files. I would appreciate an XML parsing library recommendation. Also if you know of one you would stay away from I w...
[5 replies] Last: Decided on expat. The documentation seems friendly, and it was easy ... (by closed account iw0XoG1T)
Visual C++ Windows Forms - Black Scholes Trouble

I am attempting to build a basic windows forms application that takes several parameters and calculates a price when the button is clicked. I am using the TryPa...
[no replies]
Barrier synchronization

The question I have is regarding barriers, in this example if there were only two processes, then while process one signaled the other would wait, and once the ...
[no replies]
by BandK
2d string array to txt

How to copy 2d string array to txt file?
[6 replies] Last: You have array of type std::string. I showed code for character arrays... (by vlad from moscow)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 50
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.