General C++ Programming - October 2012 (Page 6)

instantiating with/without parentheses

instantiating an object by calling it's default constructor such as with foo() seems to do something...
[8 replies] Last: why is that useful, since we can just forward declare in global space? (by caibbor)
Any recommendation for an XML parser library

If you have had any experience parsing XML files. I would appreciate an XML parsing library recommen...
[5 replies] Last: Decided on expat. The documentation seems friendly, and it was easy ... (by closed account iw0XoG1T)
Visual C++ Windows Forms - Black Scholes Trouble

I am attempting to build a basic windows forms application that takes several parameters and calcula...
[no replies]
Barrier synchronization

The question I have is regarding barriers, in this example if there were only two processes, then wh...
[no replies]
by BandK
2d string array to txt

How to copy 2d string array to txt file?
[6 replies] Last: You have array of type std::string. I showed code for character arrays... (by vlad from moscow)
Dynamically Allocated Arrays

Hey all! I'm in the midst of writing a simple program that converts tabulated data from a CSV file a...
[4 replies] Last: That's essentially what I was trying to accomplish, but I forgot that ... (by USAFEventHorizon)
Need message

Hi im trying to make a program that sends a message to a text file or skype and such i only want 1 m...
[8 replies] Last: Agreed (by rookytristan47)
Type conversion, constness and overloading mixed

Hi geeks!) Could someone describe what is the general rules for solving the following? It look...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=ne555] "The methods are const, that means that you can't modify... (by closed account zb0S216C)
how to print some patterns with nested loop?

1 23 456 78910 1112131415 5 45 345 2345 12345
[2 replies] Last: What do you have as a code? (by Xphysics)
i have no idea what is wrong i am trying to create an interactice fiction world

I am trying to create an interactive fiction world using c++ and I can move north and south but not ...
[3 replies] Last: Firstly I do not get the point of the code. The solution is change the... (by Xphysics)
Quicksort Unsorted

I understand the majority of quick sort so far(Kinda simple now that i got it) but the only problem ...
[5 replies] Last: helios: Yeah I did. Others: I found the problem. I have a friend wh... (by DarthBane)
Vertical bar in arguments

In many OpenGL functions, it allows you to specify multiple options for a single parameter. How woul...
[2 replies] Last: Another option http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/named-parameter-idiom.... (by ne555)
by mher
Help with square spiral (python)

that is my shape http://carles.lambdafunction.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/numspiral.py_001.png and...
[1 reply] : I don't think you noticed: this is a C++ forum. I won't even go into ... (by R0mai)
Overloaded Operators

Hello, I am having an issue getting my overloaded postfix operators ++ and -- to work inside my c...
[3 replies] Last: Its making a copy of the NumDays object the postfix operator is being ... (by Angeljruiz)
Need so help with a code. Im stuck.

Im trying to figure out my errors in the following code. Any help or advice would be great. ****...
[5 replies] Last: the program compiles and runs like it should even with the warnings. ... (by David Conran)
Define name and function

DEF FN define & name a function written by user DEF FNAB(X,Y)=X^3/Y^2 How do you write this in C+...
[6 replies] Last: As Duoas has said, before you attempt the conversion, you really need ... (by andywestken)
SQL or my own thing?

I'm outlining a program that I'm about to start making. It's really just a front-end for a 3 dimens...
[2 replies] Last: Interesting... SQLite specifically talks about being a serverless, si... (by Stewbond)
Searching and finding multiple instances of same key in multimap?

I would like to use a key to search and find multiple instances of the same key in multimap. Here...
[6 replies] Last: Peter87, Once again, thank you. It's amazing how such a small thing l... (by carebearboy)
Error messages in dev cpp

Hey I am getting this error message that is not allowing me to run my program. CAN SOMEONE HELP ...
[4 replies] Last: That's a different function, writeOut . It isn't writeOutAll . ... (by Chervil)
by BandK
question...2d array to txt (1,2)

How to save 2d array to txt file?
[26 replies] Last: Thanks :D :D (by BandK)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 50
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.