General C++ Programming - October 2012 (Page 6)

Dynamically Allocated Arrays

Hey all! I'm in the midst of writing a simple program that converts tabulated data from a CSV file and converts it to a WAV file. What I would like to know is i...
[4 replies] Last: That's essentially what I was trying to accomplish, but I forgot that ... (by USAFEventHorizon)
Need message

Hi im trying to make a program that sends a message to a text file or skype and such i only want 1 message so far i only get 1 million messages that keep going ...
[8 replies] Last: Agreed (by rookytristan47)
Type conversion, constness and overloading mixed

Hi geeks!) Could someone describe what is the general rules for solving the following? It looks like in first case the type conversion is avoided and cons...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=ne555] "The methods are const, that means that you can't modify... (by closed account zb0S216C)
how to print some patterns with nested loop?

1 23 456 78910 1112131415 5 45 345 2345 12345
[2 replies] Last: What do you have as a code? (by Xphysics)
i have no idea what is wrong i am trying to create an interactice fiction world

I am trying to create an interactive fiction world using c++ and I can move north and south but not east and west. I have no idea what's wrong. #include <io...
[3 replies] Last: Firstly I do not get the point of the code. The solution is change the... (by Xphysics)
Quicksort Unsorted

I understand the majority of quick sort so far(Kinda simple now that i got it) but the only problem I seem to be having is in my last line of code. Now I know ...
[5 replies] Last: helios: Yeah I did. Others: I found the problem. I have a friend wh... (by DarthBane)
Vertical bar in arguments

In many OpenGL functions, it allows you to specify multiple options for a single parameter. How would I go about doing this in regular C++? Ex: QGLForm...
[2 replies] Last: Another option http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/named-parameter-idiom.... (by ne555)
by mher
Help with square spiral (python)

that is my shape http://carles.lambdafunction.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/numspiral.py_001.png and this python code: def calc_spiral( p_num_edges ): """...
[1 reply] : I don't think you noticed: this is a C++ forum. I won't even go into ... (by R0mai)
Overloaded Operators

Hello, I am having an issue getting my overloaded postfix operators ++ and -- to work inside my class. Here is my entire class: class NumDays { priva...
[3 replies] Last: Its making a copy of the NumDays object the postfix operator is being ... (by Angeljruiz)
Need so help with a code. Im stuck.

Im trying to figure out my errors in the following code. Any help or advice would be great. ****************************************************************...
[5 replies] Last: the program compiles and runs like it should even with the warnings. ... (by David Conran)
Define name and function

DEF FN define & name a function written by user DEF FNAB(X,Y)=X^3/Y^2 How do you write this in C++?
[6 replies] Last: As Duoas has said, before you attempt the conversion, you really need ... (by andywestken)
SQL or my own thing?

I'm outlining a program that I'm about to start making. It's really just a front-end for a 3 dimensional flight-test database with filtering and plotting capab...
[2 replies] Last: Interesting... SQLite specifically talks about being a serverless, si... (by Stewbond)
Searching and finding multiple instances of same key in multimap?

I would like to use a key to search and find multiple instances of the same key in multimap. Here's what I have so far: // enum to make characters easy ...
[6 replies] Last: Peter87, Once again, thank you. It's amazing how such a small thing l... (by carebearboy)
Error messages in dev cpp

Hey I am getting this error message that is not allowing me to run my program. CAN SOMEONE HELP [Linker error] C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\cck6wqNl...
[4 replies] Last: That's a different function, writeOut . It isn't writeOutAll . ... (by Chervil)
by BandK
question...2d array to txt (1,2)

How to save 2d array to txt file?
[26 replies] Last: Thanks :D :D (by BandK)
ARRAY Help

hello everyone I am currently working on a project involving multidimensional arrays. The problem is i try to set it to output 50 characters width wise and 20 c...
[10 replies] Last: lol awesome thanks man im gonna use that to mess with my friends in co... (by gsizzle10)
Pass By Value C++

Here is the code for understanding Pass By Value... copy the whole code and run in DEV C++ its easy..... I am a student programmer..please point out mistakes ...
[4 replies] Last: Actually, passing by reference is way easier to understand like this: ... (by jumper007)
need help with Lottery program

I'm new to C++ and need help. I need to write a program to simulate Lottery. need an array named winningDigits with 5 randomly generated numbers(0-9). an array ...
[11 replies] Last: Videos would help me the most since I'm more of a visual/audio learne... (by homeMom)
CreateDirectory function

I'm using the CreateDirectory function: BOOL WINAPI CreateDirectory( _In_ LPCTSTR lpPathName, _In_opt_ LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES lpSecurityAttributes...
[3 replies] Last: Hmm, alas, I don't know what is wrong. What do the error codes say? S... (by Duthomhas)
by Nobun
Pointer Question: recursive search inside byte array

Hi all. First of all sorry for this long post, but I try to explain the question at best. I have a (const char *) to parse that contains not a string, but a by...
[2 replies] Last: This is a common CS problem. Is this homework? (If it is I'll try to h... (by Duthomhas)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 50
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.