General C++ Programming - October 2013 (Page 2)

Serialize Deserialize

Hallo All, I'm trying to serialize and deserialize graphic objects, but it doesen't work. What exac...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that brought me a step further! (by mitgliedsname)
Hangman game with word bank input from .txt file

I am trying to pull my words randonly from a wordbank .txt file and so far i have this #include ...
[1 reply] : i was also given the parameters of using an array to switch lowercase ... (by BigThirzty)
by cody
Runtime stack overflow

Hi can anyone tell me why my code is getting a stack overflow? also any other tips would be nice, im...
[12 replies] Last: Your code int logistic(int generations, double rate, int initial_pop)... (by Lachlan Easton)
Pointer trouble !

I am having some trouble with this pointer problem ! I cannot figure out how we find the input. I do...
[2 replies] Last: Iteration 1: I = 0, j = 0, k = 0. Hence output - 0. (2nd cout) Iterat... (by abhishekm71)
2 player craps game

This is the problem statement: (1) One of the players goes first. That player announces the size ...
[1 reply] : Post your code. (by Shren)
C++ project help please

Write a program to convert the time from 24-hour notation and vice versa. Your program must be menu ...
[2 replies] Last: Im guessing you are going to write this in C++. Here are a few things ... (by Shren)
by guesto
Craps game C++ need help??

For this program, simulate a craps game for a total of at most 20 wagers. That is, the first player ...
[3 replies] Last: I made this program for you that might help. It randomly generates a n... (by megasnorlax)
by GCODE
Error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals --Initializing class vector variable inside constructor

I am trying to link a vector of vectors from my header file to my .cpp file, but I am getting a coup...
[2 replies] Last: ┬┐what's worst than a multidimensional array? A pointer to a multidi... (by ne555)
Codeblocks not finding libs, permission denied (1,2)

I upgraded to code::blocks and now I have the errors while trying to install sfml and sdl (to use in...
[28 replies] Last: What do you mean? I am on the admin account. (by toad1359)
Combinational Logic Simulation using QThreads

Hello! I'm trying to create program that reads in commands from an input file, and accordingly creat...
[6 replies] Last: Oh wow, you're right. And now I feel silly. Thanks a ton to everyone! (by mistabob)
difference between cout and cerr

Other than the theoretical difference between cout and cerr where the former puts values to the moni...
[7 replies] Last: Disch, I don't care much about the topic, I just remembered I had read... (by SmeeAfshin)
problem with my lexer

im having trouble writing my lexer. i want it to find for right now just strings and identifiers, bu...
[5 replies] Last: Old habit of forgetting to use std::clog, which by default on Unixes r... (by TheRabbitologist)
x and y wont work

Hello here is my code so far: #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <iostream> #include <win...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. It works great now. (by megasnorlax)
Structure and Rational Numbers HELP!!

So I have to create a program that follows these guidelines and i dont know where to start please he...
[no replies]
by Juicej
Using pointers an string arrays

im supposed to build a simple traffic control program.. i'm done but i kno its full of errors it run...
[2 replies] Last: i've done a course on data structures last semester. got a b-.. i took... (by Juicej)
by algo89
Floating point numbers / numerical analysis

Hi, I have the problem of trying to find the smallest natural number that makes two consecutive ter...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for pointing that out.^^ No idea what I was doing there. (by algo89)
need help trying to implement a linked list, but it failed to compile.

I need to write a permute class that will take first and second strings to rearrange letters in firs...
[no replies]
Arrays getting random numbers

Ok so Im suppose to make this program were the user inputs the size of the array then the user sets ...
[1 reply] : > whenever i run the program i keep on getting a loop for the size of ... (by ne555)
by razr
Class templates - strange constructor behavior

Hey, I am currently studying the use of class templates in C++. I created the class template<cl...
[3 replies] Last: No problem. And don't feel like that. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes ... (by Disch)
please help me with this!

hi im a student in college and stuck with a programming teacher who really doesn't know how to teach...
[8 replies] Last: You can find a pretty good example of a C++ state machine here: http:... (by mistabob)
October 2013 Pages: 1234... 46
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.