General C++ Programming - October 2013 (Page 2)

2 player craps game

This is the problem statement: (1) One of the players goes first. That player announces the size of the bet, and rolls the dice. If the player rolls a •...
[1 reply] : Post your code. (by Shren)
C++ project help please

Write a program to convert the time from 24-hour notation and vice versa. Your program must be menu driven, giving the user the choice of converting the time be...
[2 replies] Last: Im guessing you are going to write this in C++. Here are a few things ... (by Shren)
by guesto
Craps game C++ need help??

For this program, simulate a craps game for a total of at most 20 wagers. That is, the first player rolls the dice until he either wins or loses. That is the...
[3 replies] Last: I made this program for you that might help. It randomly generates a n... (by megasnorlax)
by GCODE
Error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals --Initializing class vector variable inside constructor

I am trying to link a vector of vectors from my header file to my .cpp file, but I am getting a couple errors in the form of: Error 5 error LNK1120: 4 unreso...
[2 replies] Last: ¿what's worst than a multidimensional array? A pointer to a multidi... (by ne555)
Codeblocks not finding libs, permission denied (1,2)

I upgraded to code::blocks and now I have the errors while trying to install sfml and sdl (to use in a dual project): \Codeblocks libs:Permission Denied Co...
[28 replies] Last: What do you mean? I am on the admin account. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
Combinational Logic Simulation using QThreads

Hello! I'm trying to create program that reads in commands from an input file, and accordingly creates, connects or destroys logic gate primitives (and gates, o...
[6 replies] Last: Oh wow, you're right. And now I feel silly. Thanks a ton to everyone! (by mistabob)
difference between cout and cerr

Other than the theoretical difference between cout and cerr where the former puts values to the monitor and the latter puts values related to errors to the moni...
[7 replies] Last: Disch, I don't care much about the topic, I just remembered I had read... (by SmeeAfshin)
problem with my lexer

im having trouble writing my lexer. i want it to find for right now just strings and identifiers, but it keeps saying terminate called after throwing an insta...
[5 replies] Last: Old habit of forgetting to use std::clog, which by default on Unixes r... (by Albatross)
x and y wont work

Hello here is my code so far: #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> using namespace std; void z() { Sleep(500); } ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. It works great now. (by megasnorlax)
Structure and Rational Numbers HELP!!

So I have to create a program that follows these guidelines and i dont know where to start please help Define a structure (struct) or class that can repre...
[no replies]
by Juicej
Using pointers an string arrays

im supposed to build a simple traffic control program.. i'm done but i kno its full of errors it runs but not the results i want.. can someone please help me im...
[2 replies] Last: i've done a course on data structures last semester. got a b-.. i took... (by Juicej)
by algo89
Floating point numbers / numerical analysis

Hi, I have the problem of trying to find the smallest natural number that makes two consecutive terms in single precision floating point notation in the rieman...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for pointing that out.^^ No idea what I was doing there. (by algo89)
need help trying to implement a linked list, but it failed to compile.

[no replies]
Arrays getting random numbers

Ok so Im suppose to make this program were the user inputs the size of the array then the user sets a certain range min and max for random numbers to be generat...
[1 reply] : > whenever i run the program i keep on getting a loop for the size of ... (by ne555)
by razr
Class templates - strange constructor behavior

Hey, I am currently studying the use of class templates in C++. I created the class template<class elemType> class listType // class template { ...
[3 replies] Last: No problem. And don't feel like that. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes ... (by Disch)
please help me with this!

hi im a student in college and stuck with a programming teacher who really doesn't know how to teach. I need to make a 4 state machine (it doesn't really do an...
[8 replies] Last: You can find a pretty good example of a C++ state machine here: http:... (by mistabob)
Iterators, need help.

I keep getting this error and I dont know why. Line 107: Just before my main. cast from 'NodeType*' to 'unsigned int' loses precision [-fpermissive] I a...
[2 replies] Last: My apologies, I will repost. I am just in a rush. (by hsprogrammer)
help with bubblesort

i have to sort golfers using bubble sort here my code: #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <cstring> u...
[2 replies] Last: i want to include bubble sort function in my code that will arrange go... (by GokuK97)
Exiting the program borland turbo c++

need to exit the program when wrong inputs how to do it?? #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<cstring.h> int main() { char c,a,s,d,e; ...
[4 replies] Last: indentation <nolyc> indentation is optional whitespace. see also: !vow... (by ne555)
by Rbroke
Linked list output incorrect

Were are to implement a method countValue() that counts the number of times an item occurs in a linked list. Remember to use the STL <list> int countValue(li...
[1 reply] : ¿do you understand what `random' means? (by ne555)
October 2013 Pages: 1234... 46
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.