General C++ Programming - October 2013 (Page 3)

Iterators, need help.

I keep getting this error and I dont know why. Line 107: Just before my main. cast from 'NodeTy...
[2 replies] Last: My apologies, I will repost. I am just in a rush. (by hsprogrammer)
help with bubblesort

i have to sort golfers using bubble sort here my code: #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> ...
[2 replies] Last: i want to include bubble sort function in my code that will arrange go... (by GokuK97)
Exiting the program borland turbo c++

need to exit the program when wrong inputs how to do it?? #include<iostream.h> #include<con...
[4 replies] Last: indentation <nolyc> indentation is optional whitespace. see also: !vow... (by ne555)
by Rbroke
Linked list output incorrect

Were are to implement a method countValue() that counts the number of times an item occurs in a link...
[1 reply] : ┬┐do you understand what `random' means? (by ne555)
GCC Compling

Okay, so I've successfully installed GCC on Mac 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. But once it's installed and stu...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. Esample (see Albatross answer for more detailed infos): step1: c... (by Nobun)
linking to boost?

so im making a makefile generator for a project, and decided to use boost.filesystem. do i have to l...
[16 replies] Last: actually im not using boost anymore. i was using it to generate makefi... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
vararg warning

Hi, I am using the vararg (NOT Variadic functions). For the below function void test_read(int stmt...
[3 replies] Last: To give you an example, this is how va_start is defined in one of the ... (by Cubbi)
by NwN
Static Polymorphism

Hi everyone, As the topic indicates, I have a few questions regarding static polymorphism using the...
[8 replies] Last: Ah yes, I see, that makes sense. I think I need to put a little more t... (by NwN)
Power set

I am trying to do a compute and output a power set program. The numbers will be input through a file...
[1 reply] : have no idea how to do a power set. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Po... (by kbw)
by zkyzky
how to solve these errors

no matching function for call to `Rectangle::Rectangle(std::string&, bool&, int&, Point&)' no mat...
[1 reply] : Line 191, 214, 237: object takes an array of points as the 4th paramet... (by AbstractionAnon)
Dynamic Memory Allocation

I am new to C++ and is learning about dynamic memory allocation. I wrote a code to learn the use of ...
[1 reply] : Duplicate thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/115231/ -Al... (by TheRabbitologist)
Override a FILE class

i need to override a few methods in FILE class so i defined few methods as EnCrpt * fp; ...
[9 replies] Last: Okay... here's the deal. You cannot override FILE. Any code that y... (by Disch)
Console to Game Programming

Hey, I am a Junior in college as a computer science major. I have been programming primarily with C ...
[3 replies] Last: @Shren, the OP said that he was using Fedora, which is NOT windows. Th... (by NT3)
Linked List

I am getting errors and I feel that is is a small mistake (like a typo or something and I just can't...
[2 replies] Last: Check out the top of: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/list/list/ins... (by ShodanHo)
Getting a file and Calculate

Hello everybody. I am a student who is taking a C++ class and I am doing an assignment that I dont k...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, for your explanation Albartross. But I dont get why you say... (by tetricsteel)
do-while loop

I am not quite understanding how to change this program into a do-while loop. Can anyone help me ple...
[3 replies] Last: After you enter a zero, the else if statement will work. However, the ... (by tkchau)
Investment amount, annual interest rate, months

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { double investmentAmount; doubl...
[no replies]
by Marr45
Toothpick lab

I'm working on a toothpick game (lab) for C++ unfortunately I keep getting strange results every ...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure exactly what causes the errors, but here are some clues t... (by AeonFlux1212)
How To Become a Professional c++ Programmer (1,2)

I want to know That What Are the types of degrees that can be obtained to get a good job as a c++ pr...
[30 replies] Last: [quote=MikeyBoy]There's such a massive excluded middle here (not to me... (by BHX)
free UML reverse engineering

Hello everyone, I've read tons of threads, articles and all about UML plugins and programs that wou...
[no replies]
October 2013 Pages: 12345... 46
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.