General C++ Programming - October 2013 (Page 44)

when you input a name the output omit the first character. what to do?

//When you register a patient info and search for your record the first letter of the names omitted. For Ex. lastname: cruz firstname: Zia the output become "CR...
[2 replies] Last: it omits the given information. for example last name:torres firsname:... (by ImShielaN)
Performance penalty for repeatedly dereferencing a pointer?

Hello, I often find myself doing the following: Let's assume "person" is a class that has a member "age", and personptr is a pointer to a person object. ...
[2 replies] Last: Unless the functions are inline or have internal linkage (that is unle... (by JLBorges)
Error message

I created a while loop that finds out how students did on a test. The most that can be answered is let's say 20 questions. For the ones that answered more than ...
[9 replies] Last: It's such an obvious answer but yet I overlooked it. I got it! I used ... (by kissy2490)
by Beta4
Easy Calculator with doubles

I have a problem... I made an easy calculator but having trouble. The problem is that it works... but my else if on the bottom is not working. I want it to gi...
[7 replies] Last: Can you post your entire code here? (by AdrianH)
by kienme
Annoying blinking cursor

Hello people, is there a way to stop the cursor from blinking in the output window(or showing up at all)? Example: cout<<"Hello world"; Output: Hello w...
[3 replies] Last: Aah yes! That was helpful, thankyou, NwN and whitenite1. (by kienme)
how to find Expression must have class type

#include<iostream> #include<math.h> #include<string> using namespace std; class houseinfo{ private: string name; string address; int bed; in...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting code, to make it readable. You've d... (by MikeyBoy)
how to find 49 combination for 2 array each of size 3;

Write your question here. Q:Array 1={1,2,3} Array 2={4,5,6} 2n-1=2(pow 3)-1=7 2n-1=2(pow 3)-1=7 7*7 =49 Output Need like that......... Any one can help m...
[no replies]
by zita
C++ error on Ms Visual Studio: “Windows has triggered a breakpoint"

Hi all, I want to extract all 3 grams(each 3 gram contain 3 byte with 1 byte shift each time) of files in a directory and count frequency of each 3 gram in f...
[1 reply] : It may be a lot easier if libraries with an idiomatic C++ interface we... (by JLBorges)
trying to change first letter of each name to upper case.

I can get the first letter to change if there is only one word. But if there are two words it wont change and display the second word's first letter and I'm n...
[3 replies] Last: std::string::find is defined to return std::string::npos if no match i... (by andywestken)
by bjb414
Program work fine when debugging but crashes when running normal

The program work fine when debugging but it crashes when i try to run the .exe, This is the function where it found the program crashes: //if this siz...
[4 replies] Last: i not sure what i changed. Do you keep your code under version cont... (by andywestken)
by mqazi
Friend Functions

#include <iostream> using namespace std; const int IDLE=0; const int INUSE=1; class C2; // forward declaration class C1 { int status; // IDLE if off, INU...
[5 replies] Last: i'm working on something that has 37 projects in the VS solution. Inte... (by mutexe)
Looping Simple Menu

New to programming, no prior experience and 4 weeks into intro to C++. Alright.. after trying to solve this all day with the textbook, the internet and by my...
[1 reply] : @karthur13 Here is how I do menus: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/b... (by TheIdeasMan)
Help with Program! Im new at this

I am just learning how to program and need help, I have no clue what to do. Everything I have tried has been a miserable failure. Help is appreciated thanks! ...
[8 replies] Last: I don't know how to do that. I was hoping someone could show me a cod... (by cire)
Stringstream Consectutive Whitespace

So I have a text file named test.txt on the root of my c:/drive. I finally managed to arrays working and reading into them, but when I started looking at the...
[13 replies] Last: I figured it out.... i resized without using a default value, which me... (by Brntphish)
How to pause until file changes are made?

I want to monitor a text file. So far what I have is the program reads and prints the names in the file to standard out. When the program reaches the end of t...
[1 reply] : GNU coreutils package has program 'tail'. Tails has option "follow": ... (by keskiverto)
Attempting to make an AI. Please read!

How would I write a program which, every time space was pressed, it would convert the string into a char array? This is my code so far: #include <iostream> ...
[3 replies] Last: cheked char currentChar; const char* charArray; string someString; f... (by Toshen)
Convert from integer to character string

I have been trying to write a function which can convert a number from an unsigned long integer to a readable ASCII character string. this is what I have come u...
[4 replies] Last: OK, thank you, I will work on that. (by Raisintoe)
by Beta4
Vector and string problems.

Ok I need to create a program that gets input from a person... I can type a number 0-9 and need to get it to spell it out and vice versa...I need to be able to ...
[4 replies] Last: why not use a 2d array instead? ect.... search till you find t... (by Gkneeus)
by flony1
working with txt files

hello friends, trying to understand a little work with txt, and in c + +, the file I can not open and goes straight to the end, what will my mistake the file i...
[2 replies] Last: yes, I put the txt in the same place good day to all, yesterday in a... (by flony1)
help on a text formatting program

I need to design a function that, given an open input stream and a value L, reads a plain-text document from that stream and typesets each paragraph so each lin...
[no replies]
October 2013 Pages: 1... 4243444546
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.