General C++ Programming - October 2013 (Page 45)

Inheritance

For project in my class I'm having to implement tetris clone. I cant out everything in once class, so I have a class, lets call A, that keeps the track of score...
[2 replies] Last: Agree with LB based on experience. In a game I will often times have a... (by Austin J)
Implementing a class to simulate a disk

So this code compiles without any problem but it is not producing the correct output. I know there's a problem in either my getBlock or putBlock functions but I...
[3 replies] Last: Haha, wow. Forgive me - indeed you both must be working on the exact s... (by LB)
what is this kind of code?

so i found this code a while back and i cant make heads or tails of it. template <unsigned int exponent> inline double intpow(double base) { return int...
[2 replies] Last: thanks. i think i understand. so in what cases can this be useful? (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Usage of reinterpret_cast (Help)

Hello cplusplus.com community! I have just started with C++ game development using C++ and is currently trying to make some kind of script system for my game. ...
[13 replies] Last: i will take a look at it, Thanks alot! Driiper (by Driiper)
by bjb414
How to convert a matrix of stl vectors to matrix of 2d arrays

I'm using CUDA but it seems i can't use or pass STL vectors as parameters so i need to convert those matrix of vectors std::vector< std::vector<float> > some...
[no replies]
by LB
Strange error with std::is_nothrow_copy_constructible, can't isolate

I'm getting a really weird error I can't understand. I can't isolate it for some reason and I can't figure out what is triggering it. Here's the error: http...
[6 replies] Last: You're welcome from a fellow Texan. (by norm b)
delete thread (1,2)

delete thread
[22 replies] Last: ... reports/thesis/etc. Plagiarism is an issue in academic world too ... (by keskiverto)
not changing the value of the array

I wrote a timesdigit method to multiple a bigint array by a num from 0-9. Now I need to use it to overload operator* to multiply two bigints together. But the p...
[no replies]
by tegi00
Help with my program that parses from a huge list of classes. Not counting the classes correctly.

Resolved
[4 replies] Last: Any help?? (by tegi00)
how do I get a space in my output using union to convert a float into binary?

This is what I have: void print_Float() { float number; cout << " \n Enter a float: "; cin >> number; cout << " \n"; union { float input; // assu...
[3 replies] Last: I managed to get it to work by: void printFloat() { float number;... (by Jody1285)
Using Class to solve the quadratic equation.

I am trying to combine the equation part of this with this and am not sure how to do it. The class seems to work and give part of the output I am looking for n...
[no replies]
Converting Postfix to infix

Hi, Could you please provide program which convert expression from PostFiz to Infix and also wants to evaluate them
[3 replies] Last: Well see if this video helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHuwdUME0R... (by Uk Marine)
Implementing a class to simulate a disk drive

So this is my code so far and I don't remember how to make my class constructors or any of it. Can someone help? #include <iostream> #include <fstream> ...
[no replies]
by IOSDEZ
Need help with using multidimensional arrays with functions

First off I would like to introduce myself! This is my first post on this website. My name is Drew, and I'm a computer science major and Morehead State Univers...
[1 reply] : Hey, welcome to the forum. The first thing you should note is tha... (by LB)
Help me! problem "if"

Hello, I am a beginner and I have a problem in my code. It compiles but I is not the expected result. the condition does not. You have a solution? Sorry if th...
[no replies]
it omits the name of owner second time in loop

#include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; class Household{ private: string ownerName; string address; int bedrooms; long int pric...
[no replies]
by ABZO
Need Some Help

Need some help with some coding. This is what I would like to do. Please enter the name of your favorite city in lower case: (user for example enters) c...
[6 replies] Last: Try to do the rest! string objects have special functions, read about ... (by eyenrique)
Parking garage hours for vehicles and the charge for them

Write your question here. Here is the code This is what i have so far #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::cin; using std::endl; using s...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags when posting code here, to make it readable. You... (by MikeyBoy)
Pointer to member function vs. pointer to ordinary function

I'm slightly better than a novice at C, and I'm trying to pick up C++ by converting an existing program. I'm trying to define a class, "potentiometer," that wil...
[7 replies] Last: @joshuahardwell, The getPotential function works because a pointer t... (by doug4)
Need optimisation guidelines

Hello I'm preparing for OIG (a Polish programming competition) and while doing exercises from previous years I encountered a problem. Here is a rough translat...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry, you are right, I only wanted to post it. Anyways here it is: I... (by Chumanista)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 43444546
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.