General C++ Programming - October 2017 (Page 13)

Method Display Help

The code is supposed to display a written name and address using 30 *s. What little code we were given was mistakenly in Java (yes, it's homework, but don't jum...
[16 replies] Last: That did the trick! Thank you so much for the help and for understand... (by Corbenik)
Help with functions (1,2)

Im having a problem with this code I get a invalid conversion from int to int error can anyone let me know what i am doing wrong? #include <iostream> using ...
[23 replies] Last: Also thanks to you all I got through my java class so easily today as ... (by Shiro12)
Appending Numbers to a data file

Hey guys I need some help with appending 3 more numbers to an existing file. It gives me an error where my for loop is I don't know why. Here is my code : ...
[1 reply] : I wish I knew where people are taught to loop on EOF. That has never e... (by Duthomhas)
nan in sin(x) code

Question Q16. Write a program to evaluate sine value of pi/2 in degrees entered by the user using the following series. Prompt the user to enter the number o...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks all. I also got to know new efficient codes from this thread. T... (by abcdef123)
How to advance to OOP after procedural?

I understand all the fundamentals of procedural programming from learning in college and at home. Have you guys got any sources that teach OOP very good as i am...
[4 replies] Last: **I very much dislike that link to ehchua — much of the leading info... (by Duthomhas)
The code is not working to find the max min for only negative nos.

//Count of +ve, -ve, zeroes and the smallest and largest number among it. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { long long int range=0, cp=0, c...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the program. (by debjyotigorai)
declared or defined???

It's been quite a while I'm struggling to resolve the exact usage of "using namespace std". I doubt if all classes are declared in that special namespace 'std',...
[3 replies] Last: > Second, the using directive was a short-term workaround for ... It ... (by JLBorges)
using array to find the min and max

Q1: Write a program using array to find the min and max elements of 5 numbers that a user will input. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() ...
[1 reply] : #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a = {3,4,6,... (by abcdef123)
Feedback, designing an AI

I am designing an AI, so I figured I'd post about it here and see what people think about it. It is nowhere near finished. I'm building the program the AI will ...
[2 replies] Last: The neutral emotion would be content vs discontent. The higher the dis... (by DarkLightHitomi)
How to assign rows of multidimemsional array specific values

I have the following code below. My instructions are as follows: fill the first row of array2 with values from array1. Fill the second row of array2 with valu...
[1 reply] : Use the code tags. const int CLM = 10; int* Fill_Array1(const int C... (by JayhawkZombie)
Program was unable to start correctly, no error code in compiler

I've been switching libraries and linking on this, finding that it needed 64 bit libraries to run and not 32 bit, but now that I changed that, The program is st...
[5 replies] Last: You mentioned that you switched from the 32-bit to the 64-bit version ... (by andywestken)
by Kalcor
SDL and Visual Studio

So I am using Visual Studio Express 2012, and I am following this tutorial: http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/02_getting_an_image_on_the_screen/index.php ...
[1 reply] : You need to configure the working directory that will be used during d... (by helios)
Code for Conjugate Gradient Method

Is there an example code where I can learn about how to write a code using C++ for linear Conjugate Gradient method? Thanks,
[2 replies] Last: Simple version coded from Wikipedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C... (by lastchance)
Two Strings -to check if equal

hello, how to check if two strings contain equal characters? one string is to be taken during runtime and the other string is static. please help me wit...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you so much. This really helped!!! (by NotoriousProgramer)
new unexperienced student needs online tutoring

Hello guys new to the site was recommended by a friend I'm looking to see if there are any experience c++ coders that may have some extra time to write some sim...
[10 replies] Last: the other account is also his I guess it saves on having a complaints... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
fix my code, programme doesnt quit when 'q' or 'Q' is inputted

#include <stdio.h> int main() { char inchar, bar; int quit = 0; while(!quit) { printf("Please input a character and then <Enter>,\n'q' fo...
[3 replies] Last: thanks (by Limitless98)
Please Help Me Compile C++ Project

Please Help Me Copile And Create Binary From This Project With you IDE : https://github.com/pondruska/JigsawPuzzleSolver i installed library need this Project...
[10 replies] Last: Let's try again: [quote=mbozzi]Read the manual. % man Magick++-confi... (by mbozzi)
by soby96
more efficient way of this program

This program is running but I am looking for a more efficient way to run this program. You can see I commented out the code because I think it can work out wi...
[3 replies] Last: for(int x=9; x>0; --x) for(int y = 0; y < 9; ++y) //... >... (by ne555)
Code Errors

"Employee and ProductionWorker Classes Design a class named Employee. The class should keep the following information in member variables: Employee name Emplo...
[16 replies] Last: https://gist.github.com/shade34321/4974779 http://www.cplusplus.com/fo... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
3n+1 UVa problem

I've tried submitting this multiple times thinking my output was the problem. Also did input from a file instead of testing with cin. Still keep getting incorre...
[6 replies] Last: Memoize: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memoization #include <iostrea... (by JLBorges)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 111213141516
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.