General C++ Programming - October 2017 (Page 15)

by Rob85
How to Search for a File Online

Hello, I am trying to create a program to locate a file on the internet in C++. I have not idea how to start or what I should try. If you could help out, ...
[no replies]
Help please

Please help me with this, it is supposed to find all roots of a quadratic formula. I can't get it to work, what is wrong? :( #include <iostream> #include...
[3 replies] Last: @Brandon Stick with one and only one thread if its about the same prog... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Quadratic Equation Imaginary Roots

Hello, my professor is wanting us to make a program that calculatates the quadratic equation. However he want it to be able to calculate imaginary roots. I have...
[6 replies] Last: Too easy, I'm glad to help you out. Enjoy the scene from the train whi... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Help Please

I keep getting the result of nan for the x1 and x2 values, can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> us...
[6 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/222488/ DUPLICATE (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
need help with my merge sort code!

#include <iostream> #include <algorithm> using namespace std; void merge_sort_array(int* v, int l, int r) { if ((r-l)>1) { int mid=(r+l...
[3 replies] Last: Please use code tags. <> in the toolbox on the right. As a tip, for c... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Multiple if or if/else statement with only one cout

I cannot figure out how to write this without using multiple cout statements for the output of the letter grade. Write a C++ program which takes in a numeric...
[18 replies] Last: Or if you want to test it this way of doing it by cascading from the t... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Making a gui binary calculator

I'm trying to make a binary calculator that can only use 0's and 1's using QT and visual studio. Only problem is that it won't take numbers that start with 0. F...
[2 replies] Last: Gotchu, figured the only way was to keep it as a string. Thanks for th... (by doctterdre)
assingment operator

can any one plz tell me the program of assignment operators?
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/operators/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Printing 2D dynamic array from file

Hi everyone, I'm working on an assignment that is required to use a 2D array to store data from a text file for a maze and then it should use a queue to solve t...
[5 replies] Last: Nevermind about the 4 extra lines, I forgot about that extra cout << e... (by Rodr1697)
by sry90
sorting strings with selection sort

Thank you!
[1 reply] : You accidentally put line 47 after lines 45 and 46. One way to see ho... (by Duthomhas)
How can I make members point to other members in a class?

I'm trying to build a simple virtual machine. I have a couple 8 bit registers that can also be accessed as 16 bit registers when paired. I can easily do this ou...
[3 replies] Last: #include <cstdint> #include <iomanip> #include <iostream> #define I... (by Duthomhas)
string header

I'm able to use all the string functionality in my program even though I have not declared #include <string> in my program. Can anyone tell me why? #include <i...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=JLBorges] if we include the header <fstream>, we get (at least)... (by Cubbi)
Array of Pointer - 2

Please explain the difference in the output of 2 programs cout<<branch in Program 1 gives output as Architecture Electrical Computer Civil whereas cout<...
[1 reply] : *branch points to the beginning of your string instead of the whole... (by Jareth)
help

Input: - the number of office supply items requested by our department for the Fall semester 2016 - the price for all those items (tax not included...
[1 reply] : Hints: // Input: // - the number of office supply items requested b... (by Enoizat)
by CPSC23
While loop help

My instructor asked: Your job is to create a program that takes, from keyboard input: 1. The number of students in the class 2. number of points for an assi...
[1 reply] : Duplicated post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/222484/ (by Enoizat)
Reading from a file and storing into an array

Hi, everyone I could really use your help. I have this text file 1x+1y+1z=5 2x+3y+5z=8 4x+0y+5z=2 And I want to store into a file. Once I stored into a file...
[1 reply] : “It's not working” == it will not compile. Crank up your compiler ... (by Duthomhas)
by slei
Good way to learn x86-64 Assemlby

Hey, Does anyone know a good book,pdf,website to learn modern x86-64 assembly? For me it's currently hard to understand the instructions my c++ code generates,...
[13 replies] Last: disassembly is another story from writing and tuning your own. the be... (by jonnin)
using cin in coliru

It is possible to use cin with the ideone online compiler, since it offers a separate test area for cin. However, is it possible to use cin in coliru? If so,...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. Incidentally, coliru Help has provided an examp... (by SSteven)
read() function output

read() is an unformatted Input function. Please consider the following program: #include <iostream> /// cin, cout using namespace std; ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, this is the correct explanation. I've tried the following versio... (by SSteven)
How to print a triangle using user-defined coordinates?

I have to write a program that takes three sets of user-given coordinates (x1, y1), (x2, y2), (x3, y3) and prints a right triangle using these coordinates on a ...
[12 replies] Last: user-given coordinates (x1, y1), (x2, y2), (x3, y3) and prints a righ... (by keskiverto)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 13141516
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.