General C++ Programming - October 2017 (Page 16)

How to improve my small class ?

Hello, I'm not really beginner in C++ but I don't know everything yet... And it's my first try at writing a class. 1) Can you take a look at this working exa...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks (by Thomas1965)
File IO

Hey guys I have this file that i need to display. 10 1 1000.25 2 55.25 3 9999.99 4 33.45 5 2000.00 6 1588.88 7 1699.99 8 14898.25 9 13734.21 10 ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> #include <c... (by lastchance)
by sistux
Is there any code for a backdoor-network-console

Hello everybody! For my c++ program I need some kind of backdoor network console. Can somebody point me, are there some general code / lib? Thanks.
[4 replies] Last: I mean, for my c++ program I need some kind of backdoor network consol... (by sistux)
Whats wrong with my code ?

So I am supposed to write a code where the user inputs the population and growth rate in percentage/year of two towns A and B. I need to find out how many years...
[2 replies] Last: Im sorry, this is my first post here, I did not know about the code ta... (by mohdkharsa)
by prog98
inheritance

ive written the code as required but im confused at this ques" In main, create object of “ITManager” and pass the values for all the data members: ITManage...
[1 reply] : http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/initializer_list (by keskiverto)
Insertion Sorting

I literally don't understand anything about coding in C++ (I'm new to coding in general, and my professor unfortunately isn't very helpful.) My assignment for t...
[4 replies] Last: Agreed about his seeing an array, loop, function, etc. It’s still fi... (by Duthomhas)
Coding Help (Euclidean Division)

I literally don't understand anything about coding in C++ (I'm new to coding in general, and my professor unfortunately isn't very helpful.) Apparently I'm supp...
[1 reply] : This one is easier and you should probably work on it before the sort.... (by jonnin)
Input stream's get function doesn't wait for input

The following program tests the standard input stream's get(c) unformatted I/P function: #include <iostream> /// cin, cout using namespace std;...
[9 replies] Last: Not sure that's the right solution. What happens if you change main(... (by Chervil)
Need Code Help

Hello Guys, I am trying to write a code that lets me input an infinite amount of numbers and save the top 2 largest numbers and the 2 lowest numbers with a mini...
[2 replies] Last: Duplicate post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/222379/ Plea... (by MikeyBoy)
I need help coding a function that counts the amount of times a sequence occurs in a gnome?

am having issues in c++ trying to have a command count the number of occurrences. I am tasked to do the following: int​ ​ countMatches ​ (string​ ​ ...
[4 replies] Last: Take your g(e)nome (sorry, I saw the same as @Duthomas!) string and nu... (by lastchance)
Tokenizing a string array.

Hello, everyone. I need some help parsing a string array. I have a file that has equations stored in them. I only want to store the numbers in my array. The fil...
[1 reply] : You could use a stringstream to parse the contents of the string. A... (by Chervil)
by dkaip
Access functions between friend classes

I have the following code. I don't understand why i don’t have access to functions and members of class a. class b; class a { friend class b; public: ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much. Jim. (by dkaip)
asas

asd
[3 replies] Last: gfa (by closed account 9EU9z8AR)
Weird counting system (1,2)

So i've got a problem from a computer science class. I can't figure out the algorithm. Basically it goes like this. if i have a system where i have an "alien ag...
[22 replies] Last: LOL, Nice! (by Duthomhas)
Program not removing punctuation correctly!

I am trying to write function that takes two string parameters- sentence and punctuation and returns the same string in lowercase and with given punctuation rem...
[3 replies] Last: From the problem description -- that you need to solve the problem wit... (by andywestken)
Program not completing all the function calls.

My code is as follows: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; /* Compares two strings together and calculates their similarity Parameter...
[2 replies] Last: Those kind of errors can be detected early when you develop correctly ... (by benhart)
by slei
Tips to find memory leak from memory dump file.

Hey, So my task is to find a memory leak in a program and I'm curious if there are any good new tips out there you guys can give me to find a memory leak by ...
[11 replies] Last: "Why I use new/delete?": the reason is i'm working in a team with an l... (by slei)
Software Developer Career Advice

Hi everyone, I already posted this question in Lounge, but I did not get any response back, so I thought I might post it here since there are more people here....
[no replies]
isPrime function

So for some reason it keeps printing out that 2 and 3 are not prime numbers. wtf? here's my code: int main(){ int n; while(cin >> n){ if(...
[2 replies] Last: to restate the above explicitly in case you don't see it: sqrt 2 is 1... (by jonnin)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 141516
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.