General C++ Programming - October 2018 (Page 10)

having problem with the this problem

Design a class called supportTicket that handles information about reported IT support issues. A ticket includes an id number, the location of the equipment (e....
[2 replies] Last: This is a duplicate of: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/24347... (by MikeyBoy)
OOP statements without objects!!

Shown below is a code culled from a programming text I'm reading; the question the code attempts to answer is also shown.
[8 replies] Last: @geeloso I disagree. (by Repeater)
Code Readability/Organization conventions versus standards

This is a question I thought I would throw out there because lately I have been pondering using custom conventions to make code more readable and organized vers...
[17 replies] Last: [quote=Jaybob66]i always group members by feature That seems like a c... (by MikeyBoy)
by Usm6rn
Letter Count.txt

I am trying to print and find the most and least common occurrences of the characters in the file (letter_count.txt). This is what i got so far if someone can h...
[3 replies] Last: Actually, you've ignored almost the entirety of my post, @Usm6rn. PU... (by lastchance)
Enumeration Philosophy

I know enums have been spoken about in many threads. I am hoping to not only learn from these threads but also consolidate them into one thread. this way not on...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you for confirming, what I should have already known. (by perezprograms)
Creating a grid with rows and columns using vectors

I want to create a grid with empty rows and columns and I did the following function. grid(unsigned row, unsigned col) { vector < vector<int>>stuff; for ...
[4 replies] Last: Your vector stuff is local to the grid function. When you exit gri... (by doug4)
by benjm
Redrawing portions of ncurses window border

Hey guys, trying to figure out the best way to redraw a window border once a portion of it has been cleared by wclrtoeol(). Right now, I'm simply applying w...
[1 reply] : Actually figured this out using mvwvline (win, line, winWidth- 1, ACS... (by benjm)
file

I have made this code and it does not let me put in my file name. The compiler automatically goes away. #include <iostream> // for input and output #includ...
[2 replies] Last: @sonia123 Please specify your problem, as your description made no se... (by jjojehong)
'std::bad_alloc' what(): std::bad_alloc

So, how can I fix this error? Here's my code: note that sizes =1239 and it's from a vector of objects. governador : cout << "Voto para governador (numero ...
[1 reply] : Which line is the exception thrown from? (by Peter87)
Vector3 Class

I'm new to programming and I have an assignment where I have to make I Vector3 class. I finished most of it but my problem is that I hard coded values for the D...
[4 replies] Last: Now that we get there, this won't do what you probably expect it to do... (by keskiverto)
by rcx11
Coding convention: Repeat code, or highly specilized conditions

I'm working on outputting a dynamically generated table that would be capable of printing values with various degrees of precision as defined by the user at run...
[2 replies] Last: Another possibility is to create a table class structure. Have a bas... (by doug4)
Custom Comparator for std::binary_search

I'm trying to use the STL's binary search in <algorithm> but unlike other functions that take a comparator, binary_search won't work with my custom comparator. ...
[2 replies] Last: You can even wrap your compare easily with a lambda: std::sort( vec.b... (by keskiverto)
Bonus Program

HI my name is Jeff and i'm new to programming and im trying to work on a class assignment but im stuck the program says im half right but im not sure what i hav...
[2 replies] Last: 3. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/ (by Syvel)
Collision detection problem

Hi guys, I'm having problems with collision detection in SDL, the ball seems to get stuck sometimes when I move the ball down and immediately after when I hit ...
[5 replies] Last: Lets assume that one step (D) is 10 and wall-ball-distance < 5 is "col... (by keskiverto)
New Topic Screen broken for anyone else?

I can't submit a new topic. None of the formatting buttons work. The length and preview buttons aren't functioning either.
[6 replies] Last: I know code tags are <code> <\code> This forum uses BB Code, not H... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
I have a function that presumably leaks memory but I can't see where!

Hi, The code below is reported by C++ Memory Validator to produce a leak, but I don't see how! // convert wstring to string inline std::string to_st...
[5 replies] Last: sure: #include <iostream> #include <codecvt> #include <locale> #inclu... (by Cubbi)
Flight finder C++

Note: This program works as intended to. Thanks for the help I am having trouble finding adding a second vector on a flight. For example when i reach sfo lax...
[7 replies] Last: This fixed the data structure: f.vertices = cost; c.vertices ... (by bigJoe561)
October 2018 Pages: 1... 8910
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.