General C++ Programming - October 2018 (Page 2)

fix please

HI. my coding not display an output as i want. my question project ask me to make menu interface application which is we can choose any number on menu. but my c...
[1 reply] : You already have thread http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/244902/... (by keskiverto)
fix please

after i compiled, this message was appear. /var/tmp/ccKyPeru.o: In function `main': main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x17b): undefined reference to `newCGPA()' main...
[1 reply] : case 5: cout<<"5.Calculate New CGPA"<<endl; newCGPA(); break; On ... (by Repeater)
Getting an exception thrown at me...

Okay, so this is my first time ever using the forums on the c++ community, and I'm seriously hoping somebody can help me with the problem I'm having. I have a h...
[8 replies] Last: I also retroactively tagged the code. So sorry, I didn't see the tags... (by mechanicalnotcomputers)
Gradebook arrays

My version of a gradebook that gets students average and converts to letter grade. // Headers #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> us...
[1 reply] : Did you have a question, or are you just wasting some space? If you d... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Satan
How to: Bind a keyboard event, Hide console, Work with clipboard?

Firstly is there a cross-platform way to work with the clipboard using C++? There are windows functions but these can only be used on windows OS. Secondly, ...
[17 replies] Last: Thanks guys but as I said I think it's easier to work with something d... (by Satan)
by arf
Declaring Pointer Array in Class

Hey everyone! I have 5 addresses like this: 0x8017b0 0x8017c0 0x8017d0 0x8017e0 0x8017f0 And have to place them in an array. How can I declare an array in cla...
[3 replies] Last: Actually I am trying to read data from text file (which is not known ... (by jlb)
Extra help

Hello again: I posted a question on the forum a few days ago, and have run into another issue. While it is another assignment, the version I have is final and i...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <map> using namespace ... (by lastchance)
Help with structures and related objects concepts

OK. So, I am coding monopoly, I asked the user how many players they want, then I created new Players (STRUCT) for the same number. Then, right now I want to s...
[1 reply] : Why do you have player1, player2; when you have a vector of Player? ... (by Thomas1965)
Type in midpoint with or without braces

How could I type type the midpoint with or without parenthesis, It works when I type with parenthesis (6,7) but when I don't use a parenthesis 6,7 it doesnt wor...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <utility> // return true if the next ch... (by JLBorges)
Calculating sin(x), cos(x), and exp (x)

As the title says I'm trying to create a program that calculates all three of these results and displays them compared to Library result. I've manages to get si...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you all so much for the help! (by caymwin)
Hit a snag

In my C++ class, we are writing a program that takes some information from user input (cin) and calculates information for a customer at a used car dealership. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help! Got it figured out! Works like a charm now! (by beatenpathofficial)
How to create processes and use them with fork() and pipe() (1,2)

I am trying to figure out how to use fork() to create a process and then pipe() to communicate between those processes. I have watched a few videos and read a f...
[26 replies] Last: I'd be happy to address by solution if you like, but you'd have to ask... (by dhayden)
fill until boundary

Hello! This is an assignment and I'm not necessarily looking for a solution (but feel free to lol! I'm not plagiarizing in any means). More about how-to as I'm ...
[6 replies] Last: @lastchance, thank you so much! I worked on mine last night and built ... (by samTheProgrammer)
Base and derived class field placement.

I am wondering if a variable (field) in a derived class always has the same offset as in the base class. For example: class MyClassA { private: int64 Z; i...
[7 replies] Last: @MikeyBoy I am familiar with their meaning and what they do. Opposit... (by primem0ver)
Save a file in a different directory (input name) C++

I need save a file in a different location but the file is not a default name that will be put in there it is a name that the user will assign to the document: ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you both of you (: (by contredb)
Sams teach yourself C ++ lesson 3 (1,2)

Hello everybody, I have recently started learning programming with Sams book but I have really hit a wall on the last exercise of lesson 3. Can anyone help m...
[21 replies] Last: Wow didn't know there was soo much to just datatypes.. thanks guys! It... (by Satan)
Memory allocation and the OS/processor

Perhaps this is the wrong forum for this sort of question but since I am using C++ and need to write a memory manager, I thought I would ask it here. I am wond...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the info @mbozzi. That you gave me enough info to answer m... (by primem0ver)
Need help, Optimization Airfoil by C programming

I have read a search about optimization airfoil used Differential Evolution in C programming, and I want to know detail this code working. So, somebody has code...
[9 replies] Last: This is refer document: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2012/528... (by TrungTrieu)
char[] to int -> algorithm

Hello, pleasse help me, I need an algorithm who takes each char out of a char and converts it into one int. javascript:tx('code') #include <iostream> #in...
[5 replies] Last: the language will do this for you, if you didnt know that. that is, a... (by jonnin)
by Satan
Sequence of characters as delimiter for input?

Okay firstly how do I change the delimiter for cout so that instead of \n I can stop the input routine with something else like ~ (tilde)? Secondly is it possi...
[19 replies] Last: Its buffered. Cout writes to the *buffer* (some memory somewhere) im... (by jonnin)
October 2018 Pages: 1234... 10
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.