General C++ Programming - October 2019 (Page 3)

Is a graph the right structure to represent an SPICE electronic circuit??

Hello. I am a student who is figuring out how to build an SPICE simulator. I don't have dollars to spend buying a book from Amazon, at least not yet. By that re...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for your help. I will to put it in practice. Just let me try. (by enriquemesa8080)
by amyamy
Help please

Here I think I did something wrong with the class line and the operator and I cannot write the main function here is my code #include <iostream> #include...
[6 replies] Last: don't edit the post, insert your updated code in a new reply. point ... (by ne555)
looking for help

i am working on a native executable using parcel. the executable is in c++ and will send the parcel to a java function, the parcel in java will use parcel.write...
[11 replies] Last: Seems i was confused and needed to be multi domenional vector of same ... (by oakieville)
"0000:0e:00.0" does not seem to be grabbed properly

From: #include <iostream> using namespace std; #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <fstream> #include <string> #inc...
[5 replies] Last: This is a job for strtok(). Does anyone know if there's something equi... (by jonnin)
replace valarray library with orthodox c++ version

Hi, I would like to do Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) on the hardware. However,I need to use classical c++ code which is more practical to the hardware. Therefore...
[16 replies] Last: May I know how to do FFT in a very very basic c++? Thank you. you do ... (by jonnin)
How to create one object with two or more constructor initialization

How do we create one object with two or more constructor initialization at once, without changing any of all overload constructors and other existing codes? (O...
[4 replies] Last: This looks like followup to: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/26... (by keskiverto)
Help please

Output the most valuable officer of each team. The most valuable officer is calculated by adding the reaction and response times up and subtracted 1 points for ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/264482/ ^Don't post duplicate... (by zapshe)
Loading a vector of vectors with random numbers

I need to load a vector of vectors with 0's and 1's randomly and I'm unsure how to calculate a random number generator. This is an intro class so the most simpl...
[3 replies] Last: Have you written any code to try to solve your assignment yourself? P... (by George P)
Vector of vectors function

I am trying to declare a function that will return a vector of vectors but I do not know how to declare it.
[2 replies] Last: #include <vector> #include <iostream> using namespace std; using mat... (by lastchance)
i am trying to make a Write a C++ program that has linked list the code i am using is given below but its showing some errors

#include<bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; struct customer{ unsigned int sequence_number; int month,day,year,hour,minute; string name,service_required; ...
[4 replies] Last: thanks sir really appreciated. may ALLAH bless you (by aabiavvan)
If you assign one Node to a second Node, does that second Node have the same data address as what was assigned to it?

Say I have this Node struct: struct Node { int data; Node *prev; Node *next; } I then create my first Node and my second Node: ...
[14 replies] Last: Yeah I think I understand this a lot better now. I think I got confuse... (by vaderboi)
PVS-Studio in 2019

We bring to your attention the presentation of “PVS-Studio in 2019”. The fact is that from time to time our users ask if there is any material that overview...
[no replies]
How to initialize variable dynamically in class declaration, and being not constant

How to initialize variable(s) dynamically i.e. being not as constant, in class declaration which will be invoked/used without need of object instantiation such ...
[1 reply] : int a_function(int s) { return valuation<NO>(s).value(); // no nee... (by keskiverto)
what is the meaning of "all engines produce integer numbers in a uniform distribution"?

This can't mean the probability of an engine to produce a value in a range is the same for each value, because then we would not have a normal distribution when...
[4 replies] Last: * but there is absolutely no reason why you couldn't. i.e. the recom... (by Duthomhas)
Cast (or copy) Base class into sub class

Dear experts I understand the mechanism of downcast, that is, base class can be cast into the sub class when the sub class object is instantiated in the base c...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you, everyone. I could understand how to proceed. I appreciate ... (by Mitsuru)
In C++ 11, how can we initialize a char* with an empty string? (1,2)

I tried this: char* buffer = static_cast<char*>( ""); Gives error: error C2440: 'static_cast': cannot convert from 'const char ' to 'char *' I als...
[20 replies] Last: Thanks for all your help! (by JUANDENT)
function template has already been defined

#include "linked_list.h" #include <string> using namespace std; template <class object> LinkedList<object>::LinkedList(const LinkedList<object> ...
[4 replies] Last: i get some weird errors That's pretty vague. Change the extension ... (by doug4)
Help converting a method using pointer to use copy constructor instead

Imagine the method below is fully functional. However professor is saying it is not acceptable to use a pointer. I could use a copy constructor instead to accom...
[2 replies] Last: Done salem c. appreciated if anyone can help. (by mrpear2020)
Evaluate Fixpost Expressions with Linked Stack

I have the linked stack files (header and implementation). But I don't know how to write a program with these. /*-- LStack.h --------------------------------...
[8 replies] Last: How would I know whether if it's a digit then I could push on the stac... (by mlanuri10)
How to extract json blocks from a textfile

Hey all! I have a text file that has both "text" and json in the structure. The text has some output from the logger with date, time, message and log indicato...
[2 replies] Last: thanks @jonnin I managed to get the file into String Stream and let re... (by Ongbak2019)
October 2019 Pages: 12345... 10
  Archived months: [sep2019] [nov2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.