General C++ Programming - October 2020

by Lalver
Screen scraping

Hi, I would like to 'screen scrape' data from a (non web based) application, there is no API (legacy), and I am wondering if I can do this in C++? Would I be b...
[10 replies] Last: Hison is a piece-of-shit spammer. People need to be on the look-out fo... (by dutch)
Algorithms c++

I need to realize the alogorithm search_end with the help this example: template < class InputIterator, class OutputIterator, class Predicate > void copy...
[1 reply] : > I need to realize the alogorithm search_end ¿what does it do? ... (by ne555)
How to extract all the different data type numbers in string?

Hi all, I found this topic (http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/150052 ) discussed about extracting numbers from string but what if there are numbers from di...
[14 replies] Last: AFAIK, std::from_chars() from <charconv> currently only works for real... (by seeplus)
C++ Mentor - am I doing it the right way ?

I just completed a tutorial on YouTube- I kinda have a grasp over what he thought through out Next , I want to go through a C++ Textbook ( about 700 pages)....
[6 replies] Last: Seeplus , I will check this out Many thanks 🥰 (by CheckRabalKath)
Using Visual Studios 2019 and having errors in my code

Hi, I am having issues figuring out what I did wrong with my code. I am being told that there are expected ";" and I am not sure how to fix the expected declara...
[6 replies] Last: Well that was a statement of the obvious and already done. Perhaps ex... (by againtry)
Share class between projects in single solution?

So I have a class which contains a function that I would like to use in another project. I am 100% positive that it is possible and have seen it done, which mig...
[5 replies] Last: Using Visual Studio: Walkthrough: Create and use a static library (C+... (by George P)
C2676 error in Visual 2019 C++H

Hello! I keep getting this error no matter what I change and I can solve it Error C2676 binary '==': 'tipAplicatie' does not define this operator or a con...
[9 replies] Last: thank you very much (by laura11111)
Simplify code by using loop

#include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main() { float x = { 3,5,8,2 }; float y = { 5,-1.5,0.367,0.2}; float z = { 5,2,3,4 };...
[11 replies] Last: I did it. Thank you for your help! (by thanhquan1704)
Generate CMakeLists from Makefile (for asm debug)

I need to generate a CMakeLists from: RUN=factorial main.o: main.c gcc -arch i386 -c main.c $(RUN).o: $(RUN).asm nasm -f macho32 -o $(RUN)....
[no replies]
Linked List A Different Sort

I need some help. I don't know anything about how I'm going to list. What kind of structure should I define? I couldn't find a sample. Can you help? Code tha...
[2 replies] Last: The last digit of the insertion process Number information is basic it... (by jonnin)
Trouble with linked list function calls

Hey ya'll, this is my first time working with linked list and I have to create a menu for the user to mutate their list. The user is only allowed to enter prima...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, thanks for the correction. I did use a for loop that converts the ... (by oceanSpray)
Help with exam question

So thankfully i get multiple submissions on my midterm exam, We were to right a program where it asked the user for a letter and that letter would be assigned ...
[4 replies] Last: @OP, what are you allowed to use? A simple solution would be to use st... (by Thomas1965)
create a file with user defined name

Hi all I want to know that in C++ is there any process for create a file with user defined name For example : User give me a name "abc". Now I need to made a t...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a lot brother It's work . And this the procedure I want thank... (by M A Noman)
by josh84
generating Username

I am new here. Any idea how I can get this function in c++? Function 1 a.) Member function name: generateUsername b.) Parameters: 2 strings. First parameter i...
[7 replies] Last: string Converter::generateUsername(string fname, string lname) { str... (by seeplus)
std::cin and enter

hey guys, so i was trying to make a code that takes user char inputs and appends to the end of a string, when the user hits enter it stops. so the problem is wh...
[6 replies] Last: You need to ignore all chars until a \n in case someone types eg yes r... (by seeplus)
Simplified Polynomial in C++

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { float y = { 12, 13 , 14 , 16 }; float x = { 5, 6, 9, 11 }; //Interpolating Polynomial ...
[6 replies] Last: Try this one: #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace ... (by lastchance)
Is Microsoft at war with C++ trying to hinder its development?

The graphical capabilities of C++ they will never be developed on a fairly simple level in the future. Microsoft has long sought to block this possible developm...
[14 replies] Last: Storm, meet Teacup. But seriously, I'm trying to work out who is at t... (by againtry)
Get Size of Array from text file

If I have a text file is "text.txt" contains: 1 2 3 4 How can I get 4 which is the size of array on text file? In other words,How can I get the number of the nu...
[3 replies] Last: How can I get the number of the numbers stored in that textfile? Rea... (by againtry)
Meaning of !!

On some c code I saw this expression. fillwith = !!fillwith; where fillwidth is a bool. What's the meaning of double !
[6 replies] Last: In haskell it just accesses the nth element in a linked list. (by mbozzi)
by kyviro
Random exception thrown??

Hello folks! It has been a fair while since I came here, but alas I have some questions. Alright, to start off, I have a structure with a constructor: ty...
[3 replies] Last: @mbozzi Now is a good time to investigate your debugger. I use Vis... (by kyviro)
October 2020 Pages: 123... 5
  Archived months: [sep2020] [nov2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.