General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 27)

Defining a member function of a template class

I am working with this code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; template<typename T, int size=0> class ArrayClass { private: T arra...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks. (by Flurite)
Good reference for c++ interview questions

Can anyone suggest any good reference for c++ interview questions!? Short c++ puzzles frequently asked by interviewer!?
[5 replies] Last: Hi, I feel like I might need to brush up on my planning knowledge just... (by the042011)
Strange Qt problem

Why does this work: QLabel *a = new QLabel(this); a->setText("Test"); but not this: QLabel a (this); a.setText("Test"); Aren't the...
[2 replies] Last: Are you calling the show() function for both pieces of code? (by Flurite)
Help with the structure of a program: A football manager

Hi Where I work we use C++ often for ad hoc solutions. We are all quite experienced in finding solutions to all sorts of problems in a short timeline but no on...
[4 replies] Last: Implementation is completely up to you. I would handle the schedule in... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Problem with inheritance

Im creating a linked list class, but i cant seem to be able to transer the protected members of my base class linkedListType to my class unorderedLinkedList. He...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a ton vlad! program is working now , appreciate such a quick re... (by Need4Sleep)
Learning c# from c++

how long could this take me? i currently have a very good knowledge base for c++, and im interested in learning c# to help some friends develop an iphone app. H...
[3 replies] Last: @coder777 http://xamarin.com/monotouch I'm not a huge fan of Microsoft... (by naraku9333)
EXC_BAD_ACCESS .... confused !

Hi, I'm implementing a basic routine in C++ to integrate with some of Amazon's AWS services. The one I'm having trouble with here is Amazon Glacier when one o...
[9 replies] Last: I've told you what the problem is and how to find it. It's just for y... (by kbw)
Graphs: All paths between u and v

Like the title says, I am trying to find all the paths between u and v in a graph. The graphs properties: 1)Connected 2)Not necessarily simple 3)Undirected 4)Un...
[4 replies] Last: I think I have the solution, thank you. (by Script Coder)
by nick92
for statement program

what is the for statement to ouuput the numbers 1 to 20 ,each on anew line;
[10 replies] Last: @nic23 your solution is wrong, it is supposed to be: #include <iostr... (by Script Coder)
static or pointer ?

Hello, I build a JobQueue class for processing Runnable object. I want to process, as option, the automatic destruction of the Runnable after his execution....
[2 replies] Last: > I want to process, as option, the automatic destruction of the Runna... (by JLBorges)
How to store CString using Vector in C++

Dear Gurus/Experts in C++, I am new to C++.My Question is very basic.I need CString to be stored in Vector, as I am new even after several attempts I do...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot Mr.Vlad (by Haroonrulz)
SFML or SDL on a virtual machine

In order to simplify team development of a simple game, I am considering the idea of installing and setting up a development environment in linux on a virtual m...
[6 replies] Last: SFML is on top of OpenGL and uses hardware acceleration. SDL uses soft... (by majidkamali1370)
Cpp Files problem

Hi everyone. I have a problem, and i hope someone can help me. I have that looks like this http://pokit.org/get/?ea265fec8e7da31d256924e1376969aa.jpg I ha...
[2 replies] Last: Fix what? I sort of get what you want to do, I don't understand your p... (by hanst99)
by vw4x4
difference between cin.get(ch) and getch()?

1) difference between getch() and cin.get(ch). 2)char ch; why does cin.get(ch) read space,new line or tab but,cin>>ch does not?
[1 reply] : Because there is a default manipulator/flag set on cin to discard thos... (by soranz)
Recursion - subsets - C++

I'm writing a simple program to calculate all possible combinations in a set by splitting the data into 2 sets (C(n-1, k-1) & C(n-1, k)) and calling the functio...
[1 reply] : There's an algorithm out there that can be used to create all subsets ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Define the size of a two dimensional matrix with variables

Hi, so far i declared matrices with this method: double *value = new double ; because its dimension (numrows) wasn't always the same, and because w...
[10 replies] Last: Other possibilities: 1 - write a matrix class that swaps to disk th... (by core dumped)
Need guidance with a loop

OK, just to let everyone know, I am sort of new to programming. I am making a quiz program, and I need a loop (I dont know which kind). I am trying to make it s...
[1 reply] : int question; do { cout <<"\nWhat is the word that means to break... (by vlad from moscow)
need help with a piece of code

In the following code char *Hello() { char str ; strcpy(str,"Hello there!"); cout<<"in fxn "<<str<<endl; return str; } int main() { cout<<"in...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks alot guys ..... really appreciate it (by babbarbhangoo)
Needing help with how to do these

I'm currently trying to learn how to do these problems but I'm a complete beginner. If anyone could help me get started that would be amazing. I'm just trying t...
[5 replies] Last: It is a homework problem your correct but I got it off a professors we... (by Brady91)
by beakie
Multiple Inheritance - v2

Using the example below... how can I achieve a structure which allows for this functionality? I want mixin style structs so i can add functionality in this way....
[2 replies] Last: This is a horrendous misuse of inheritance. Just do the simple appr... (by Disch)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.