General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 7)

COLORS

Im trying to find out how to make the eyes on my smiley face solid green but its not working!! Here's the code ___________________________________ #inclu...
[no replies]
by averma
issue with pointer type private class function

Working on a linked list implementation program but I'm getting an error in one of the member functions of my class that I commented out below. template <cla...
[1 reply] : But ListNode is only defined inside your class, and you've put your fu... (by JellyFox)
Really struggling with this problem!

Ok guys, I was given an assignment, and I am running into a lot of problems with coding this. #include <string> using namespace std; int listdistinct( str...
[no replies]
by iky
confused about a program?

hi. i need help with my program. i have started it but im stuck and dont know what to do. im a beginner at this and not sure what im doing. i have to program st...
[3 replies] Last: thanks but im new to this and dont know what code tags are. what shoul... (by iky)
Can anyone help me with this code sample.

This is from my sample final. Not HW. You can find it here if you don't believe me: http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~karlaf/CS162_Summer09/CS162_Sample_Final_Questions....
[no replies]
Simple C++ file encrypter

Hi, I was wondering how I could make a simple file encrypter (not to really provide any safety, but just to make it so it was un-openable until decrypted). At ...
[1 reply] : Quick and dirty example: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/79506/... (by helios)
Returning Values from function

Hey guys, I'm brand new to this form, and I really need some backup. I've searched around and haven't found anyone with this issue yet. I am sending more tha...
[3 replies] Last: OH!!! thank you soo much :) and more importantly I understand! haha. ... (by NpXAutobot)
Creating a "find" function in c++

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but was hoping someone could help me out with some code I am writing for school. I have to write a find function that ...
[2 replies] Last: I would specify parameters in the following order: array name, array s... (by vlad from moscow)
CC digit matching (part 2)

Valid Input: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx (x being digit 0-9) Valid Output: Valid, Invalid My Output: Nothing (Press any key to continue ...) ...
[2 replies] Last: I think I can figure it out. I guess I'm just getting my variables mi... (by g0blu322)
by Quibus
trouble saving/loading 'complex' classes

Hey there, I have been trying to get a working load and save function for loading and saving a class with a member vector class ... however.. due to the nat...
[9 replies] Last: You make it all seem so simple :) Thanks again! (by Quibus)
Using Pure Virtual Functions

Here is my code : //Pure virtual functions and interfaces in c++ #include<iostream> using namespace std ; class Figure { protected : float dim1...
[7 replies] Last: thanks a lot for the explanation @clanmjc (by Raman009)
Invoking Destructor

Here is my code class MyString { private: char * name ; public : MyString(){ //do nothing; } MyString(char * n){ name = new...
[7 replies] Last: That statement is meaningless because it is the last statement of a d... (by Raman009)
Issue with SOIL

When I'm using SOIL_load_OGL_texture function, it comdes up with a error with a peice of assembly code. It produces 2 warning codes Warning 1 warning LNK...
[no replies]
2d array from external file

Hello all! After many hours...and days...I think I finally understand a hw problem. However I am having two issues..one is minor. Assignment: treat an imag...
[1 reply] : Are you sure that width/2 and height/2 eventually both reach 1 ? The... (by soranz)
Amortization Table

Hi, I feel like I'm missing something very elementary but my brain's not functioning properly. I've got this table due tomorrow but not quite sure where I'm goi...
[no replies]
by ljs
typedef

Dear all, I am looking through a c++ code and I have found a typedef statement that I do not understand. it is on line 6 of the code below. Does anybody kno...
[3 replies] Last: thanks! (by ljs)
by Alauda
Compiling C++ with netcdf: ‘NC_CHUNKED’ was not declared

Hi! I am trying to compile a c++ code which requires NetCDF4 libraries. I use: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, the GNU compilers, cmake version 2.8.7, netcdf-4.0 (w...
[no replies]
OpenGL and vehicles

Hi, I don't really have any code to show you because I don't actually know what to do, but I'm aiming to get a car moving like a car using OpenGL to draw it in ...
[3 replies] Last: Perhaps this: http://www.asawicki.info/Mirror/Car%20Physics%20for%20Ga... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by ozair
File input, getting pointer position

Hi, I'm writing a program where I have to manipulate the stream pointer in an input file. I just wrote an testing program, I wanted to test if I get the right p...
[1 reply] : It is a failure of the STL streams class: they don't tellg() and seekg... (by Duthomhas)
Copying boost::mutex and boost::condition_variable between two different classes.

Hey Guys, I have a problem I have not been able to find a solution to. My class looks like this : class B; // Class Declaration Class A //name changed { ...
[5 replies] Last: @Cubbi : Hey Cubbi. Yeah Thats what I did and it solved the problem ... (by navderm)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 56789... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.