General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 2)

"Undefined reference to"

Im completely lost here I have no idea what it is asking for ERROR IN COMPILER : undefined reference to `PrintAll(std::basic_string<char, std::char_trait...
[6 replies] Last: @Strifer, roger911 posted at the same time as you and you missed his p... (by LB)
Cast int to string

While trying to figure out how to cast an int to a string I came across this code: #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { double f = 23.43;...
[2 replies] Last: Whoops! That was a copy and paste from site where I found the code--I ... (by navig8tr)
SDL - Destroying renderer?

I'm learning SDL, and I don't think I've fully grasped how to destroy a renderer. What I've been doing SDL_DestroyRenderer(rendername); rendername = NULL; ...
[no replies]
Concatenation Linked List

Here is my program.. I am unable to concatenate the 2 linked lists using operator overloading. I have got the output of the concatenation once and then again i ...
[3 replies] Last: when i add the copy constructor to the same code, its stucking at the ... (by deepak643)
Help with simple encryption

Hello everyone, I am having trouble with an assignment. The assignment consists of a basic encryption and decryption program already written for me, I just h...
[2 replies] Last: Basically, you're trying to keep any non-alphabet characters unaffecte... (by xismn)
whlie statement problem

On lines 47-53 the code is suppose to display "You have entry a negative, please try again" , however, when a correct positive number is enter I still get the d...
[2 replies] Last: Would be easier to read if the code was formatted... Also, you need t... (by IWishIKnew)
Classes: Properties

I'm about to rip my hair out. I have a class that is supposed to encrypt/decrypt and string. I had it declared in temporary instances (crypt_class( ).encrypt(...
[3 replies] Last: I figured it out. It had to do with the assignment operators. New q... (by IWishIKnew)
Help with creating a counter with STL template <deque>

Resolved
[no replies]
by mqazi
Bit Fields

hi friends, I wanna know How bit fields actually work ? how they save memory thanks in advance :)
[10 replies] Last: That truncation (technically, modulo arithmetic) is required by C++03 ... (by Cubbi)
Help For Vector Addition with magnitude and direction.

hey everyone, i new to c++ programming. i have a program due soon in vector addition. i have done some work that I've shared below. the program that i am to de...
[4 replies] Last: The fact that you spent an entire day on this is good. No pain, no ga... (by Stewbond)
Medical Dictionary

A friend of mine is taking classes currently and using open office. He asked if I could create a program that would spell check medical terminology. He said tha...
[6 replies] Last: Check this out: http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_developmen... (by Stewbond)
THE DISCORDANT OUTPUT

MY SOURCE CODE IS NO ERROR AND NO WARNINGS BUT THE OUTPUT IS SO DISCORDANT..:( ANY ONE CAN FIX IT..??? I CAN'T POST THE SOURCE CODE BECAUSE ITS TOO LONG..:( ...
[1 reply] : IF THE OUTPUT IS DISCORDANT, THEN IT'S A PROBLEM WITH YOUR OUTPUT FUNC... (by Stewbond)
STRINGS : Counting words with WHILE LOOPS

I'm horrible at C++, I need to count Words in a string in <stdio.h> and <string.h> format ONLY, must be in WHILE Loop! Our professor acts like were programming ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi again! I see you're still stuck. So I wrote something for you. It ... (by bingo1)
Implementing Signature Block Class

For class we are required to implement a signature block on all our assignments. To do this I've created a Signature Block class, but I'm having trouble impleme...
[4 replies] Last: That was it. Thanks a lot Andy! Guess I should have known that. (by navig8tr)
SDL Sound thread delay between samples?

When I use the following handler to handle and mix multiple channels, I get about 1 time unit sound, 5/6 time units silence. //The volume conversion! #defi...
[4 replies] Last: Because windows.h has a playsound function I guess.... but PlaySou... (by Disch)
Leveraging the Power of Conditional or Ternary Operators

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum, and fairly new to C++, having gravitated toward it from Java due to some of it's limitations. After making an int...
[no replies]
Can help to check if I coded correctly?

Hello Everyone, For my assignment, I am required to apply three constructors for the WeeklySales class: - a parameterised constructor with the encessary p...
[4 replies] Last: Instead of explaining these errors for this case, it's best if you lea... (by Mats)
by Lele81
In which order should I read those C++ books

Hello to everyone, I've just registered to the forum (to see my "story", please, look at my profile). I would like to ask you something: I'm not very good in c...
[10 replies] Last: So, eventually I think I will read my books in the following order: 1... (by Lele81)
converting to float

Hi all... I need someone expertise here. Here is my code: int main (int argc, char* argv ) { int x = atoi (argv ); int y = atoi (argv ); int z = a...
[3 replies] Last: try this: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std;... (by prtyrckk)
getter and setter for array type

Once again hi to all, So sorry to keep troubling you guys. I would like to seek help on this program that i'm trying to create. #include <iostream> using n...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/111940/ (by prtyrckk)
September 2013 Pages: 1234... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.