General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 32)

c++ beginner help please!

\////////// \\///////// \\\//////// \\\\/////// \\\\\////// \\\\\\///// \\\\\\\//// \\\\\\\\/// \\\\\\\\\// \\\\\\\\\\/ -this suppose to look like o...
[3 replies] Last: how can I create a program that will accept 2two integers. the user wi... (by celyn)
SFML Collision Detection

Just curious which type of collision detection would you recommend in sfml game programming out of: Distance Based, Bounding Box, Pixel perfect?
[3 replies] Last: SFML gives a example of collision detection on the github page https:/... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Problems Using scanf

Hi all, I have recently been coding a very simple game for my own amusement and have run across a problem. I have fairly little experience using c++ though I ...
[5 replies] Last: Hmm well actually, if you use strings, there is no need to use numbers... (by Mats)
RunTime polymorphism

creating Pointer to a class inside its own member function to achieve polymorphism. Below is an example. class CmdParser_c { public: CmdParser...
[no replies]
how to generate sounds of mixed waveforms (1,2)

I have used beep() and sound() functions. But both of them generate sounds of only fixed frequency. Is there any way i can generate a sound of mixed waveforms. ...
[29 replies] Last: I don't know. I think I might have scared OP away. =( (by Disch)
new keyword

how do I allocate multidimensional arrays using new?
[4 replies] Last: If you use new then you've got to delete (by ne555)
How to reverse bits (1,2)

Hello, I am working on a project where I need to reverse bits for a number. For example, if I have 110111100000000 I need to reverse it to 0000000001111011. ...
[21 replies] Last: Thanks for all advice!!! (by tnjgraham)
by Daleth
Estimation Off

I've been implementing my own floating-point class, but I got stuck on writing an efficient, quick, and accurate exponentiation function. The problems are that...
[8 replies] Last: Durr. I used the wrong operation in my argument. You are indeed correc... (by helios)
by CAAA
SDL collision Detection

I am making a game to where if the ball goes below the paddle you lose its not done yet but i made the collision detection but when the ball hits the paddle it ...
[2 replies] Last: well i m working on a collision detector just like you mine is not per... (by Ceset)
Question about return type of function(use of &)

What is the difference between MyClass& function(){ MyClass a; return a;} and MyClass function(){MyClass a; return a} if i were to write My Class b=funct...
[18 replies] Last: I delete the move assignmente operatore and now the program function. ... (by janluca91)
How can I start using ncurses?

It's written here: http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO/intro.html#WHERETOGETIT But those links don't work. I can't understand how to start pr...
[9 replies] Last: Wait, I'm still trying something else, I'll reply when I need further ... (by gameprogrammer)
by Ceset
Why double output???

here is my code #ifdef __cplusplus #include <cstdlib> #else #include <stdlib.h> #endif #include <SDL2/SDL.h> #include <SDL2/SDL_image.h> #i...
[11 replies] Last: i couldnt find a way to fix it maybe i should leave it for later. (by Ceset)
Constructors

Hello, today i made this little program. I'd like to know if you think it's well done. I've to define a class B with constructors so that I can compile the f...
[13 replies] Last: What you've suggested is not at odds with what Vlad said. Obviously.... (by m4ster r0shi)
Convert intger to string and populate array

// prompts the user for a non-negative numbers (>= 0) // reads in the a number and checks // keeps re-prompting user if the input is invalid (negative) void...
[1 reply] : Well: vArr = tmp_stream.str () .at(i); (by coder777)
Static Variables

Hello everyone, I've got a problem with my programm. I need to define a class I to have an output 1,2,3. I must use static variables. main() function mus...
[3 replies] Last: Cire I love you !! thanks ! (by protest00)
Getting into using C++ with Lua?

I'm starting to branch out a bit in things besides C++ (C# and Lua) and I must say it's very interesting some of the differences in these languages. (I think ...
[1 reply] : Actually, you work Lua into C++, not the other way around. Lua is a s... (by Stewbond)
An iterator point to nowhere?

I defined the following function to find out the iterator of a certain value in the vector. I defined it as such so if the value exist in the vector then return...
[3 replies] Last: THanks!!! (by northfly)
Why there is always a compilation error like "expected a ;"?

see the following code I defined two functions, one is inside the other: bool clusterLabelling() { vector<tIndex_t> unlabelT; vector<pIndex_t> unla...
[6 replies] Last: Actually, I'd say it's a perfect opportunity to learn about it. Look u... (by Zhuge)
Cannot create struct that contains instance of a class

Hello programmers, I'm trying to learn as much C++ as I can. I was writing a program that mixes linked lists and classes. There is the class "Obj" which only...
[2 replies] Last: @kbw: You Sir, are totally right! Thanks for that quick and accurate r... (by nelson1mx)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.