General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 35)

Changes in union typedef aren't mirrored?

I have made VGA emulation with registers and memory in my emulator. But for some reason the writes to the union array with CPU data (register 0-8 of the VGA's G...
[4 replies] Last: Many compilers (gcc for example), extend the language by defining the... (by Cubbi)
Overloaded constructor of String

Hi guys, I have to implement the following class: class MyString { private: char *str; // Pointer to the char array that holds the string int strLen...
[1 reply] : You can define it as you want. And nobody knows what you want.:) It is... (by vlad from moscow)
std::optional

hi, I have been reading, and, hearing, a fair amount of stuff, on, std::optional /boost::optional. It seems to be some template class/container, but I can't ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, Thanks! I guess, C++14 was the reason, why I hadn't found it, yet.... (by hansaaa)
How to insert strings into an array

does anybody knows how to insert strings into an array of type char and also delete strings from that char array. any help would be apreciated
[4 replies] Last: As I have understood correctly your question then to delete a string f... (by vlad from moscow)
Help with binary search

Solved ty!
[3 replies] Last: No... swap lines 56 and 60. (by abhishekm71)
Properly Exiting a Program

I've never really given this much thought... but here we go: If I were to exit a program, is it okay if I fail to properly destroy whatever structures were all...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, I normally just let those die in a fire. Bad? I find the code re... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Password System Error

I am trying to write a program which includes a three stage password. The user is prompted with a question that has a single word answer. They must input...
[9 replies] Last: Don't forget to click 'solved' (by ciphermagi)
by S G H
C++03 to C++11

Ok then, is there any good new guides explaining ALL the new things in C++11? I'm about to get C++11 and I'd like a good guide for things like constexpr, lambd...
[4 replies] Last: I know what Docs are, Mats, but I really can't stand using non-friendl... (by S G H)
by Ceset
funny errors

hi guys i m having a weird problem here is the code Uint32 rmask, gmask, bmask, amask; #if SDL_BYTEORDER == SDL_BIG_ENDIAN rmask = 0xff000000; ...
[4 replies] Last: wow, i will try to remember that. thx (by Ceset)
by HarryK
Rotating a circular disk

Does anyone have an algorithm or function to rotate a displayed circle. To turn it 360 degrees like a car-tire. (It's needed to turn a turn-table in a model-ra...
[14 replies] Last: Helio's post reminds me of Quaternions which is a great concept in mat... (by Stewbond)
No Output?

I seem to be having trouble getting output from my weekAvg function which is just the inverse of my dayAvg function. When the code is compiled and run it just ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your swift response i changed the size from 7 to 24 to h... (by dmkavanaugh1s)
can't update file records with this function

Ok so i got this function that suppose to update record in this file below 2 (foo) (bar) (foobar) the first line tells the number of entries and...
[no replies]
accident

Wrong forum
[4 replies] Last: The logic of moving through the game board is correct in your displayG... (by ciphermagi)
Help for void Triangle::print() class function

//Point.cpp #include "Point.h" #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; Point::Point() { //Initialise the point to the origin. } Point::Poin...
[4 replies] Last: Much thanks to both. (by helpstudent)
Tree Painitng

Hello, please help me. Below is the task description, and below that is my thoughts on the problem. Task The tree consists of N branches numbered 1 to N. Bra...
[11 replies] Last: You seem to have a memory leak in your main function. Problem should... (by Script Coder)
Pointer to char Array

I like to use a Pointer to char array. And then I would like to do a Pointer Arithmetic by incrementing the Pointer. Finally I would like to see the Address...
[3 replies] Last: THank YOu ...Mucho Gracias....Merci....Danke SHoen,,,Arigatoo...Priv... (by rosarion)
Assertion failure

My program has no error and when I run it with VS2008 it gives: " Program........... File:d:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\vecto...
[5 replies] Last: I re-installed my VS and the problem has been solved~^.^ Seems that it... (by urielyztan)
unresolved external symbol

Hi I have this code which works perfectly ostream& operator << (ostream& os,polynomial a) { for (size_t i=0;i<a.numer.size();i++) { if (a.numer.at(i).get_...
[7 replies] Last: Expect unexpected and simple mistakes to happen all the time. :) (by Daleth)
Struct def "does not refer to a value"

Attempting to get through Stanfords Programming Abstractions and the solution provided for problem two assignment one will not compile due to this error... ...
[3 replies] Last: Welcome, Bdanielz! I hope you find what you are looking for! I am gla... (by Superdude)
C++/CLI has not available intellisense.

Hi to all, In my VS2010 C++/CLI has not available intellisense, but other projects suchas MFC, win32 has intellisense. How to make available it in C...
[no replies]
September 2013 Pages: 1... 33343536
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.