General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 5)

need help with return char array

Hi guys, I'm currently learning pointer with array but i'm stuck at some point. Can someone guide me along which part of the code did I miss or did wrongly. ...
[6 replies] Last: Most welcome, glad it works :) NwN (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Read One Value Function

Hey I'm trying to read in o ne value at a time from a file with this function, but its giving me back junk. I have tried everything I know can somebody help me...
[4 replies] Last: Perhaps check the success of inF1.open(), instead of just calling ios:... (by tipaye)
Function not returning value

Hi all, I have a function, which has to return some int data. In that function there are multiple return statements. There is also possibility that function ma...
[3 replies] Last: Will this result in undefined behavior??? As rmxhaha said, it will ... (by mutexe)
Problem with arrays

I am having problem in writing the code for the problem "To assign the elements of 1-D integer array into 2-D array of integers such as if the array is 1,2,3,4,...
[7 replies] Last: Zero-initialization of the matrix. Easy, and done before the loop. Tha... (by keskiverto)
compute Marcum Q-function by c++

Hi i want compute Marcum Q-function in c++.How i can do it?
[2 replies] Last: I believe the boost library contains the modified Bessel functions you... (by mutexe)
by Solum
Help with ifstream

Good day, I just need some help on how to stop outputting data based on a user input. The text file is as follows: 1. a 2. b 3. c and the code I'm usin...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Please wrap your code in [co de] -tags, I've added some co... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Increment and decrement

// practice 1.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include<vector> using namespace std...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help NWN i understood it now ! (by nithishguptak)
Help installing Boost VS 2010?

I really would be one happy camper if I could find out what's going wrong here with getting Boost built. First time I opened up VS 2010 command prompt, ...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/doc/html/bbv2/installation.html ... (by flony1)
simple game menu

im a beginner at this still getting comfortable in programming c++. there are things i still can't wrap my mind in some of the subject. please help on this menu...
[1 reply] : Hi there, I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but I assume it'... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
How to make setup installer (source code had written with visual C++ using OpenCV library)

I was written the program with visual C++ and using OpenCV library. How to make setup installer for that program? Help me,... thank you for your suggestion..
[2 replies] Last: From a thread earlier this year: [quote=modoran]Use an installer, lik... (by andywestken)
default constructor

Hi all, How do you write a default constructor? I'm struggling with it :( I need to use a default constructor that will initialize the data members: - salesP...
[9 replies] Last: No need to apologize - there's a lot to take in when you're learning C... (by MikeyBoy)
int problem

hi i remeber if i type int x;cout >>"type words in" cin >>x; cout <<x; and cout should type random but if i do int x = "error int does not type charecters"; whi...
[2 replies] Last: its not a real code execpt stiring put wahter ever name you would like... (by Ptolomej Petar)
STL container template for this function?

Hi guys, My teacher presented us with this function called lsearch. We are no longer allowed to use our own made up classes because we are moving towards STL...
[2 replies] Last: That is a linear search. If you would start your search from http://ww... (by keskiverto)
Please Help! Convert money to denominations

Hello everyone I am in need of some help.. I thought that I did my assignment the way that my professor wanted but I just found out that he wants me to solve it...
[5 replies] Last: No, conversion of float to integer drops the reminder, i.e. rounds dow... (by keskiverto)
HELP ME PLEASE MAGIC SQUARE

need to create a magic square code that takes in any odd order input from the user and creates a magic square of that dimension. getting error that says no ma...
[1 reply] : First, you should use code tag. int square ; r and c must be con... (by CroCo)
Confused with velocity (SDL)

I tried to make a pathfinder using coords. Its about a reddot following a dot. Over here is the event handler for the first dot: //Adjust the velocity ...
[9 replies] Last: You shouldn't be copy pasting other peoples code together and asking f... (by roger911)
Using structs to define a function

What I'm trying to do : struct foo {int x; int y;}; foo function_example(int x, int y) { foo temp; temp.x = x; temp.y = y; return t...
[1 reply] : My apologies, I was declaring the struct inside the public declaration... (by roger911)
debug codeblocks

why when i debug this code, the arrow debugger disappear after line 29 ? the output should be "YES" if the input is => 1 ABCDS1234Y #include <cmath> #incl...
[2 replies] Last: To get this code to compile I had to switch off pedantic-errors . App... (by vin)
cant display "/'

I know it seems weird that I would want to do this but I want to display \ in my programs. I try to use it in cout like so but it won't work for an odd reason. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. (by megasnorlax)
HELP ME PLEASE

Write a program that requests the user to input their first and last name as well as their current age in years, age in months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, sec...
[12 replies] Last: Thank you very much Toshen. It really helped me understand :) Have a w... (by evan1991)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.