General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 6)

I'd love some help with a hw problem

The problem says: Linda is starting a new cosmetic and clothing business and would like to make a net profit of approximately 10% after paying all the expens...
[4 replies] Last: could you upload the code im haveing some trouble (by xman17)
by ahhuat
First-catch exception problem

First-chance exception at 0x5612EB74 (msvcr110d.dll) in Project1.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00468CA0. If there is a handler for this...
[16 replies] Last: Thanks~ All doubt cleared~ Problem resolved. (by ahhuat)
Can a function be a "friend" of another function?

In my application, I have a function foo() that has some local vector objects. I need to call a function bar() from this function numerous times. The function b...
[13 replies] Last: Before move semantics you had compiler optimizations. Now you have bot... (by LB)
by Beta4
Using 2 vectors to output on the same line...

Ok so im working on a problem that I want to output: "Mega City" is 0.0 miles from Imperial City. "Spring City" is 44.9 miles from Imperial City. "Affirmat...
[2 replies] Last: Great thanks a bunch... knew I was close lol. (by Beta4)
by Colaa
Call by value help

Definitely not done with the code yet, but I seem to be stuck and unsure on how to exactly use call by value. Any and all help is much appreciated! The progr...
[2 replies] Last: Well the problem is, I don't know where to go from there. After that ... (by Colaa)
Operator overloading problem

Hello, I am trying to overload unary - operator and landed in the following scenarios. case I : if I write something like this, then the call goes into i...
[1 reply] : In your non-friend form: return Interger(-(*this)); You are doing... (by Disch)
by saiz
declaration mistake

what is the mistake in this declaration? I am not able to figure out please help. int fun1(float var1,int k,int i=0,int j)
[3 replies] Last: Can you please post the error the compiler gave you? (by yhu420)
by scrubx
Basic programming help

Here is a sample output to my problem: Please enter the make and model of the car (e.g., Toyota Prius): Toyota Prius Please enter the number of Toyota Pri...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys works perfectly (by scrubx)
assignment

Description: Sunshine.com is an online children clothing store exclusively for baby and toddler. The store carry a wide selection of beautiful, unique and ador...
[1 reply] : Since you marked this as solved, I assume you solved your problem on y... (by LB)
string debug problem

I don't know why it doesn't work,i tried to debug it but at line 85 the debugger arrow disappear, is anyone has any conclusion for that ??!! #include <cmath...
[2 replies] Last: I don't think your program is compiling.. line #19 string s[n+... (by kulkarnisr)
Count of words.

Hi guys, basically, I don't know anything about programming, only the basics, and our professor is trying to make us this program which is a string, that would ...
[7 replies] Last: I also need the space count together with the word count. (by bandmax)
[dynamic]Arrays... help

I'm trying to build an array of a certain size, after receiving user input. The method I'm trying is int var = 3; int* ar = new int ; When doing tests I...
[9 replies] Last: but at least you get a sensible runtime error when you try this with ... (by Disch)
by lolwe
Sorting dynamic stack?

Create a program that contains the following functions: -create two dynamic stacks with integer data contained in an external file. -Sort items in stacks by...
[1 reply] : class dynamic_stack{ private: std::vector<T> data; public: void... (by ne555)
Very very strange situation with reading a file

Dear all, I would kindly ask for some help in debugging the code provided below, which reads data from a file and puts it into several vectors. Something very...
[5 replies] Last: Dear SneakySnake, I thank you for pointing out what the problem was. ... (by panecasareccio)
by elyen
reading string with space

Hello! I have a question: how can I read some strings that contains spaces and put them in a vector of strings, using the push_back() function? I have a co...
[1 reply] : Take a look here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/ge... (by condor)
by saiz
class help

Hello, could someone please help me with the following.. need to solve a few questions but its been 10yrs since i studied c++ so trying to brush my c++ skill...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Welcome to the forums. You can find all the info needed for... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
A new article

Please take a look at my new article, prize winner at Code Project http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/635134/Target-Eye-Revealed-part-4-Keyboard-Capturing
[no replies]
columns of related data

The fourth sample array program below should help you with this part of the lab. Like the sample program, calculate a range of x-values, then calculate a set o...
[2 replies] Last: If you already did complete your sawtooth http://www.cplusplus.com/for... (by keskiverto)
count occurrence in c++ array

I must count the number of occurrence of all numbers in array , i wrote a code but it does not work properly #include <iostream> int main (){ int i,n,tmp...
[2 replies] Last: You do a sort in 13-23. Was that required too? What do you know abou... (by keskiverto)
challenge problem

Read a PGM image, store it in an array, and output it. (There is a zip file of sample_images on the course materials page.) Once you get that working, see if ...
[3 replies] Last: It's purpose is to make you learn, so it is homework. The course must... (by keskiverto)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.