General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 7)

Regarding Constructors

It would be grateful if anyone could help on this. I am suppose to apply three constructors for the below WeeklySales class: class WeeklySales { char* salesPe...
[3 replies] Last: Examples? http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/classes/ (by cire)
Help Me Please With algorithm. C++

Hello, Help Me Please With algorithm. I have a really hard task with C++. Here's my txt files Classes first number class second day third lesson number...
[6 replies] Last: Ok I think i have fixed that problem if((p .ImtiDiena() == m .ImtiSav... (by deividas717)
structures help please

so basically i was wondering how a nested structure would look like. for example in our class we learned to do a struct struct Student { string firstnam...
[2 replies] Last: ah ok thank you, so its basically a structure inside a structure. than... (by azntrindo)
Chocolate Vending Machine

My group's chocolate vending machine code is clean, but has a problem. #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cstdio> #include <cmath> usi...
[11 replies] Last: Why is your dispenser() function set to return a double, only to retur... (by xismn)
Array to Template Class help

I'm trying to make an array that takes a group of numbers and finds the largest number into a template class. I find myself struggling to understand how to go a...
[2 replies] Last: As you have it now, this template function does not need to be a templ... (by ShodanHo)
by weswes
questions run together and I cant figure out why

// Football Ticket Sales // designed by Wes Ayala #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { double tickets, credits, cost, name, respo...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, what I was talking about your variable declarations at the begin... (by slambert)
variable was not declared in this scope

Write your question here. Hi, I'm new to c++ programming. I was using the following code for data analysis. I got the following errors:- lhe_Analysis.cpp:76...
[2 replies] Last: It seems pretty clear from your compiler errors that you simply never ... (by slambert)
Template instantiation

Hi, Let's say I defined a template function or a template class which is designed to take int or double. I use it for the first time with int arguments so th...
[5 replies] Last: I see, thank you. (by vincegata)
Need help with capital and lowercase letters

Hi guys, I am writing a code that requires the user to input either B or b for bright or D or d for dim. Basically, B is bright and D is dim but I have to ...
[1 reply] : You could convert the character to lowercase and compare it: http://ww... (by LB)
print Pattern function that handles parameter as string

Need help!! How to write a printPattern() function? The function takes in a parameter i.e. a char pointer. It handles the parameter as a Cstyle string i.e. a...
[1 reply] : There are multiple problems with the assignment itself, but I am going... (by LB)
boost error

I am having an error on lines 8, 12: #include </Users/retsgorf/Downloads/boost_1_54_0/boost/lambda/lambda.hpp> #include <iostream> #include <iterator> #includ...
[1 reply] : http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/doc/html/bbv2/installation.html (by flony1)
Another boost error :(

I am getting another error setting up boost. You can tell that I have used Xcode a lot.... I am having this error: http://s873.photobucket.com/user/retsgorf29...
[no replies]
Does knowledge of Java programming make C++ easier to learn or vice versa?

Does knowing how to program in Java mean an easy understanding of C++ (for someone who have no experience with c++)? Does knowing how to program in C++ mean ...
[4 replies] Last: It's kind of like asking which is better to learn first French or Span... (by slambert)
by Beta4
Finding a range between 2 numbers

Ok so I'm reading the Programming: Principles and Practice using C++ and Im stuck in Drill 4 part 5. It says: Change the program so that it writes out the "...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help I found out what I needed to do :) (by Beta4)
Make an object coordinates moving in a straight line with an angle have a sinus?

I want to make an object, which moves from x1,y1 to x2,y2 in a straight line, also make a sinus over the line (so the x,0 is the line itself, and cux,cury is th...
[3 replies] Last: Your loop end condition (loop could be a 'while') uses relative (curx)... (by keskiverto)
Stack

I trying to write a code for a calculator using stack is how to convert an operation from infix to postfix her is my attempt i created a header file #ifnde...
[1 reply] : You will get some help if you post your attempt :) (by Chriscpp)
Solved.

Solved.
[9 replies] Last: Thanks again, I somehow overlooked the number variable in the input. (by omiexstrike)
If statements

Hey, I am writing a compiler at the moment, and I could use the input of some experienced programers like yourselves. I am working on how i want my if statemen...
[3 replies] Last: If you do not have a Boolean type, then what type do true and false ev... (by Disch)
Alternative of Virtual function

have a look- class Base { private: { ..... } public: void show() { cout<<"i m base class .."; ...
[5 replies] Last: Image a situation where you know that a Base or one of its derivatives... (by doug4)
Please help me in Palindrome Code(Arrays) Please

Hi I badly need your help im having a trouble creating this program this is the problem: Input: One or more words that may contain all possible characters ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks sir. Im studying the code right now. Thanks to sir eyenrique an... (by waffle200)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 56789... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.