General C++ Programming - September 2015

Sorting vector elements alphabetically

I am trying to sort this, but it is not working and I do not know how to fix it. My function in question is selection sort. Here is what I have: //CSIS 112 –...
[3 replies] Last: You didn't even click the link. But that's alright, I didn't read your... (by Duthomhas)
by UNNGH
I need help with a C++ script.

Hi everyone. I have an idea for a script like a downloader for certain things but thats not the important part. I would like to figure out how to run a c++ prog...
[4 replies] Last: thanks this is perfect :) (by UNNGH)
Sorting program

My program is supposed to rearrange input lines in alphabetical order. It is written in C. However currently it is not working as expected. Input: dcba Outpu...
[16 replies] Last: Some results with GCC: defghi abc efg abc defghi efg Link to cur... (by pacman169)
by esolve
install CDT in eclipse with JEE

I'm using ubuntu my eclipse is now with JAVE EE I want to install CDT into it are there any good procedures? are there any problems/bugs if CDT coexist w...
[no replies]
Vending machine program

Hi :) Just started learning C++ about a week ago and I attempted a vending machine program exercise with a pricing/change function as well. http://codepad.o...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry for the late reply, I thought nobody would respond to this! You... (by Zaem1993)
by AldenB
Help with a very beginner question

I'm trying to help my friend (who is new at programming) write a program whose guidelines are laid out as follows... Write a program that consists of a while lo...
[16 replies] Last: As contributed above, in the absence of any evidence otherwise it seem... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Character of word on a separate line

Write your question here. how to sepaprate like Marry to M a r r y
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "M\na\nr\nr\ny" <<... (by LB)
by Radar
Error

I'm not sure what this error means, would someone be able to explain? void userBrowse(userProfile user , int currentMaxPersons) { clearScreen(100); ...
[1 reply] : user.number should be user .number (by kbw)
by RuiQi
Debugging openmp code

Hi all How do i debug a parallel openmp thread ? I have 6 threads. #pragma omp parallel shared { // breakpoint here // code } I set ThreadId = 3 and it do...
[1 reply] : help (by RuiQi)
(Syntax - template) a list class that holds objects of another class

Hello, I have a question about syntax regarding to template of class. A List in my program is a base class that can hold integers. My teacher told us that this...
[2 replies] Last: If you have not yet encountered rvalue-references, move semantics and ... (by JLBorges)
Help with displaying the least and greatest planes landed in any given day

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; struct MonthlyInfo { int totalLanded; int totalDepated; int greatestLanded; int leastLa...
[no replies]
Webcounter, get and reset

I'm doing a lab for my class but we don't seem to get it, how to get started. Can someone explain what is the Webcounter.Or how to use it in the program This ...
[1 reply] : Webcounter appears to be the class you are supposed to be writing. It... (by doug4)
by aloud9
cin problem

I want to type a Package Letter that's equal to a Number to cin >> Package; #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { double order; ...
[3 replies] Last: You want to make the Package variable either a char or a std::str... (by LB)
Reference Fix

I cannot seem to find the correct "channel" for submitting fixes to the Reference documentation. I have recently encountered a poorly documented subtlety with i...
[1 reply] : Go to the problematic page. Scroll to the bottom. Find the Spotted an... (by MiiNiPaa)
Syntax for Pointer

Hello, I am having trouble with recognizing the syntax related to pointers and arrow operator. In the body of the function const_iterator& operator++(), the cod...
[5 replies] Last: Change the following: #include <iostream> using namespace std; class ... (by coder777)
counting common char

#include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cctype> using namespace std; void initialize(int&, int ); void lineRead(ifstream&, ...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <limits> #include <st... (by JLBorges)
by helios
Passing around heterogenous data

This is more a question about general design than specifically about C++. I have a class Consumer that needs to receive a sequence<A>, a sequence<B>, and a C, ...
[12 replies] Last: It's more like this: class Consumer { public: Consumer() : state... (by helios)
Need Help on Pointers

Hi everyone, I started programming a few months ago, and complicated syntax has kept torturing me since then. What I understand about a pointer is that a poi...
[5 replies] Last: an object is an instance of a class. the object is representing the c... (by Ericool)
pointer

can pointer point to 2 variables at one time?
[4 replies] Last: like @coder777 said make a simple struct like so : struct Structure ... (by Ericool)
Study Guide and General Questions Help?

Hey guys I have an exam coming up soon and was wondering if you guys could assist me with some of the questions on our study guide so that I can learn and study...
[3 replies] Last: @ MiiNiPaa Just wanted to mention that I didn't answer all the quest... (by TheIdeasMan)
September 2015 Pages: 123... 21
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.